Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He leads our line speed, leads our kick chase, you can see him screaming in defence - especially in our 20m, he doesnt run a lot but when he does he runs great or very unusual lines which throws their defensive line out for the next play, and it's no coincidence Oates is getting better quality ball this year as well. Additional, he brings a great attitude, all for 1/3 the price of fifita.

I can't believe people are still wanting highlight reel players everywhere on our team after the last 3 years. The last 3 years shows you where those type of players all over the park get you....
That's all well and good but when he gives away senseless penalties which lead to tries against us it kind of undoes all that.

That's all well and good but when he gives away senseless penalties which lead to tries against us it kind of undoes all that.
I actually don't disagree with that, I have been disappointed with this part of his game aswell.
You have to remember though that he was getting away with 99% of those when he was wearing a panthers jersey. I actually remember thinking this watching him play last year. This will get out of his game. You'll notice too it's always in a set we are trying to pin them down their end he gives away these penalties, so it's a fine line that he has been able to cross prior to wearing a broncos jersey that paid off for his team. I think now he will realise it doesn't for us he will pull back on it.
He's also been playing injured for all bar the 1st round, which was a near MoM performance. I won't expect that every game but highlights what he can do for a measly 450,000

His attempted kick on in origin where he scored looked so arssey as have a number of tries he was on the end of while playing for penrith. It's not just at the Broncos. I know it's only early doors but he's so far failed to impress except as I siad for that clutch play at the death against souths. So I still stand by my comment. But, fair point as i said i was going against the majority opinion so I expect that.
I think if people want Capewell for big plays they are mislead about his strengths. He’s a battler who does all the fundamentals well without any of the flashy stuff. To me that’s the definition of class. He just also has the added bonus of pulling off the odd flukey moment but again this is thanks to him never giving up on a play - that’s why he has these great cover tackles or is back behind the field goal kicker for the 5% chance he’s needed to receive a pass.

The fact he hit the field goal so sweetly could be seen as assy but the hours he’s spent practicing drop kicks despite almost never being required to actually utilise it in a game, or the fact that no other second rower would stand 10m behind a sharp shooter just incase defence rushed him so he could revive a pass - to me that is pure class. Text book definition of creating your own luck.

Yes, his penalties have been disappointing.

I wonder if Kevvie has instructed Kurt and Ryan to not worry to much about anything at this stage other than making tackles and organising defense. Kevvie has said on a number of occasions that defense is what he is trying to work on. Neither of these two guy are highlight reel players anyway, so it would be weird to expect them to be. They are really some of the glue that every side needs and Jordan is proving to be pretty effective in this regard as well. And from his early games, it is obvious Riki has more than he is currently showing, so I'd suggest this is coaching and you know what, if it is...I don't mind it.

He probably isnt offering a great deal more than Lexie at the moment, but i have a feeling its because he has been playing injured.

Only injury was the grade two tear to his calf against Cows. He only missed one game and would have normally missed four with it but refused. He's 100%- Broncos staff have been shocked with is healing powers.

Only injury was the grade two tear to his calf against Cows. He only missed one game and would have normally missed four with it but refused. He's 100%- Broncos staff have been shocked with is healing powers.

His form hasnt been anything but ordinary. I'll guarantee you if Glenn was performing like him he would be getting pelters and told to retire.

Capwell has never been a big metre gainer, even in his breakout year that the Sharks took notice of in 2015 he only averaged just over 100m in 26 games.

It's the quality of his runs and the timing and he's around the ball is how he makes an impact.

He will improve and make breaks as the Broncos attack gets better, he needs some space and he can run his line which is across and to the left. Broncos haven't had a lot of good ball.

He makes his ground in space not banging it up.

Is Capewell able to play on the right edge? I'm not suggesting we need to move him or anything, but would having him play next to Reynolds and Staggs add something to the team?

Is Capewell able to play on the right edge? I'm not suggesting we need to move him or anything, but would having him play next to Reynolds and Staggs add something to the team?
He played mostly on the right at the Panthers I believe. I think it would improve our shoddy defence on that side but Riki is doing a decent job.

I think if people want Capewell for big plays they are mislead about his strengths. He’s a battler who does all the fundamentals well without any of the flashy stuff. To me that’s the definition of class. He just also has the added bonus of pulling off the odd flukey moment but again this is thanks to him never giving up on a play - that’s why he has these great cover tackles or is back behind the field goal kicker for the 5% chance he’s needed to receive a pass.

The fact he hit the field goal so sweetly could be seen as assy but the hours he’s spent practicing drop kicks despite almost never being required to actually utilise it in a game, or the fact that no other second rower would stand 10m behind a sharp shooter just incase defence rushed him so he could revive a pass - to me that is pure class. Text book definition of creating your own luck.

Yes, his penalties have been disappointing.
I think he said he never has practiced field goals and that was in fact the first time he’d attempted one.

I’m seeing capewell as the new gillet, not a big metre eater but will be doing all the 1 percenters relentlessly. Much like gillet, capewell will suffer in attack if our halves aren’t firing but will then win you a game when you need it

He played mostly on the right at the Panthers I believe. I think it would improve our shoddy defence on that side but Riki is doing a decent job.
Is Riki able to play on the left edge? Maybe having Capewell on the right could create more opportunities for Staggs.

Agree with the sentiment of having the hard working players rather than the blokes who show up on highlight reels. Flashy players didn't get us very far in the past few years.
they did in our glory days

I think he said he never has practiced field goals and that was in fact the first time he’d attempted one.
I did see him say something like that but I don’t entirely believe it. Regardless, even if he’s not practiced field goals he’s obviously practiced drop kicks. I think @1910 can attest to how surprising Cape’s secret place kicking abilities are.

I did see him say something like that but I don’t entirely believe it. Regardless, even if he’s not practiced field goals he’s obviously practiced drop kicks. I think @1910 can attest to how surprising Cape’s secret place kicking abilities are.

He's got a great kick off game; Jets used him to do the high short rugby style ones in 2015- He'd land it on the 10m and Jets got the ball back 75% of the time that year from his kick offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • LGH
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.