Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Parcell I assume that’s who he’ll suggest.

Ha. Didnt even enter my mind. I dont think there is a player in the Superleague i'd want thats gettable. Out of the 2 i'd pick, Roby wont leave St Helens. Clark will be too expensive.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Hypothetically, would you let haas go if it meant we could get Munster and Walsh?

I would if it were me, just pie in the sky stuff.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Hypothetically, would you let haas go if it meant we could get Munster and Walsh?

I would if it were me, just pie in the sky stuff.

2 quality players for 1? Of course you would, but I think people really need to get this Munster to Broncos fantasy out of their heads. It isn't gonna happen, and that would be the case even if Bennett and the Dolphins weren't bending over backwards for him.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
36. He's kind of like the English Cam Smith. He is still playing really good footy. He's such a smart player.
Sounds like Karmichael Hunt situation if we signed him

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Massive conflict of interest with Anasta talking about Munster and his contract situation. He talks about Munster like he is the greatest player in the world (obviously he is an absolute gun) and drops hints about what is being offered and basically gets a TV spot to advertise to Melbourne and other clubs to up their offer without saying it directly because he knows that he cannot do that. Basically put the situation totally on Melbourne.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Sounds like Karmichael Hunt situation if we signed him

I dont think it would be. He is still a hugely influential player who is performing well. Hunt wasnt really. I've got no doubts at all Roby would have a big impact here. Same as if we signed somebody like Johnny Lomax to play 6. They are just quality footballers.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
I dont think it would be. He is still a hugely influential player who is performing well. Hunt wasnt really. I've got no doubts at all Roby would have a big impact here. Same as if we signed somebody like Johnny Lomax to play 6. They are just quality footballers.
Would they be able to come straight in and adapt straight away though, or would they need a few weeks to get up to speed?

Also, I know he's not technically available right now anyway, but do you see Will Pryce as a fullback or five eigth? He reminds me a bit of Munster how he plays.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Would they be able to come straight in and adapt straight away though, or would they need a few weeks to get up to speed?

Also, I know he's not technically available right now anyway, but do you see Will Pryce as a fullback or five eigth? He reminds me a bit of Munster how he plays.

I think Clark or Roby wouldnt need much time to get used to things.

In terms of Pryce, right now he's a fullback imo. I said previously i think at some point he will be playing in the halves.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
I think Clark or Roby wouldnt need much time to get used to things.

In terms of Pryce, right now he's a fullback imo. I said previously i think at some point he will be playing in the halves.
Thanks. Yeah the more I look at Pryce, I think he would compliment Reynolds very well. He looks like Munster or Walker when he's been wide, but like prime D. Boyd from the middle as well.

From what highlights I could find, he plays off the cuff a bit, can run and has a sound passing game. And he looks like he's got the bulk to come in to the NRL pretty quickly.

At the very least, he is an upgrade on what we currently have. As long as he can get defensive positioning right, he should be a good going on great player.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks. Yeah the more I look at Pryce, I think he would compliment Reynolds very well. He looks like Munster or Walker when he's been wide, but like prime D. Boyd from the middle as well.

From what highlights I could find, he plays off the cuff a bit, can run and has a sound passing game. And he looks like he's got the bulk to come in to the NRL pretty quickly.

At the very least, he is an upgrade on what we currently have. As long as he can get defensive positioning right, he should be a good going on great player.

His kicking game is actually pretty good as well. He does play off the cuff at times, but he's also very structured in a lot of the things he does. Its no surprise really when his Dad was a pretty good half in his own right. I said it before, if he was coming through at an NRL club the hype on him would be through the roof. I think he is going to be up there with the likes of Hanley and Davies as one of the best British players in the last 20 or 30 years.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018

I don’t like highlights they show what everyone does well. Not hard for a quick 18 year old with a step to have a good highlight package in the super league. What I’d rather see is where he would actually contribute to this side, specifically defensively and structurally. Cause I can guarantee you he isn’t better than Mam so why waste our time getting in a bidding war for a shiny new toy that isn’t even that good in the super league from what I have read in comment sections snd around. I don’t want shiny toys I want reliable players who contribute at a high level on a weekly and try/work their ass off. So for mine it seems like a premature and unnecessary signing that would do shit all for us.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I don’t like highlights they show what everyone does well. Not hard for a quick 18 year old with a step to have a good highlight package in the super league. What I’d rather see is where he would actually contribute to this side, specifically defensively and structurally. Cause I can guarantee you he isn’t better than Mam so why waste our time getting in a bidding war for a shiny new toy that isn’t even that good in the super league from what I have read in comment sections snd around. I don’t want shiny toys I want reliable players who contribute at a high level on a weekly and try/work their ass off. So for mine it seems like a premature and unnecessary signing that would do shit all for us.

Is there any suggestion that us or any other NRL team is chasing Pryce?

Or is he just on @Wolfie wish list

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Is there any suggestion that us or any other NRL team is chasing Pryce?

Or is he just on @Wolfie wish list
Knights and Raiders are the only 2 clubs I can guarantee have been reportedly after him. Can’t find much though most of the articles with Will Pryce’s name in it over the last month is to do with his 10 week ban for a dangerous tackle so hard to find information. I think it cooled off reporters using it as a story cause they couldn’t suck his dick anymore. And I might clear up I was a bit harsh on him but **** me we have someone like Mam and Cobbo who would and could run laps around him at 5/8 and FB respectively that I don’t think it’s worth spending the kind of money the kid will be asking for in order to regress our teams options. If you want him to play now (/next year) may as well be playing Mam and Cobbo now because their is 0 difference to what anyone is trying to suggest of playing Will Pryce instantly with little to no experience or proper development. You want a half/Fullback out of super league get Jai Field, everyone else is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Howie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • eggstar10
  • Old Mate
  • The Don
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncoFan94
  • Fozz
  • Tim K
  • Santa
  • mrslong
  • TimWhatley
  • upthebroncs
  • Wolfie
  • azza.79
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.