Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
The last thing we want to do is again throw in more unproven players into this team. Seibold tried it and its backfired and we are still suffering because if it.

The only way is for them to step up and play really good footy in Queensland cup. Once they are doing that, consider them. Mam for example isnt doing well enough in Qcup to warrant picking him.
Yeah I actually also agree with that. I kept going with it originally, but it went all over the place.

If the priority is to win now, or make the top 4 consistently they may have to go the other way and stop trying to develop a spine and go buy one short to medium term like we did in 2015, or the Roosters did until recently. It's only now that they seem interested in developing players.

Friend was their only junior in their spine for their last few premierships. Keary, Tedesco and Cronk were from other clubs. Cronk had 3 premierships and 2 extra grand final wins that cannot count with Melbourne, Keary had 1 premiership with Souths as a rookie. Tedesco I think had a Dally M and was playing origin when he got there.

E

Evander

NYC Player
Apr 6, 2021
Walsh is what you need, than bring in starling while Mozer develops

B

broncoscope

NYC Player
Feb 14, 2014
Ideally i'd love to have both Walsh and Munster and if Herbie leaves to the 'phins and we save a bit on Oats , who knows..
Trouble is by all accounts Munster hates the Broncos for some reason and i'd really doubt he'd leave the Storm anyway..
And as to Ponga, it's a definate no from me...!!

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I still dont think walsh is an nrl ready player and think he would of ended up such a better player if he just waited. Shame on warriors for doing what they did imo and no one can convince me it was the right thing for the kid .

getting his body smashed as much as it has before being fully developed. It will take its tole on him long term make no mistake. and it already has started to now.

Walsh does some flashy brilliant stuff but to me Hes like Mam, you could throw mam in this team and see some equally exciting flashy plays that walsh pulls off but the truth is there bodies and mind just are not ready for nrl week in week out.

Unfortunately Its probably to late to drop walsh back to cup for a year or so to develop.

Guess what im trying to say is Walsh is not the answer for the broncos not yet anyway. We do need a Fullback until cobbo is ready . No idea who that would be though.

This team desperately needs a talker and someone to direct the defence around from the back

Dont care much about flashy attack we need our defense sorted asap so sick of being the worst defensive side in the comp.

looking at ladder we are now second last behind dogs on most points conceded. for us to ever move off the bottom we need to get that side of the game sorted first.
Karmichael hunt was renowned for getting smashed when he played for us. His body held up pretty well thoughout his career didn’t it? I think these days it comes down to how good your recovery and conditioning is which the broncos seem to be lacking at the moment.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Karmichael hunt was renowned for getting smashed when he played for us. His body held up pretty well thoughout his career didn’t it? I think these days it comes down to how good your recovery and conditioning is which the broncos seem to be lacking at the moment.
Hunt was a big body though and I can’t remember him having long stints of injury. The guy was a freak. Wasted his talent chasing money in non-NRL competitions.

Emanon

Emanon

QCup Player
Apr 26, 2021
Serious question. Are there any highly rated juniors at any of the other clubs coming through we could take off their hands?

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I think a lot of our roster planning will revolve around Herbie & Cobbo.

If we re-sign Herbie then Cobbo plays fb and we don’t go to market.

If we don’t re-sign Herbie we could potentially go to market for a fb with Cobbo then playing centre.

I don’t think Cobbo re-signs if he’s stuck on the wing.

One potential long term scenario could be signing Walsh to play fb, lose Herbie, Cobbo goes to centre and Mam 5/8. We then have the option for when Reynolds retires of playing Walsh at 6 & Mam at 7, with Cobbo going to fb and Mariner going to centre.

I am just not convinced Cobbo is anywhere near ready for FB yet and taking the Latrell Mitchell route may be more ideal than rushing him.

None of this factors in Niu, who I just don’t rate as a long term prospect at fb.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think a lot of our roster planning will revolve around Herbie & Cobbo.

If we re-sign Herbie then Cobbo plays fb and we don’t go to market.

If we don’t re-sign Herbie we could potentially go to market for a fb with Cobbo then playing centre.

I don’t think Cobbo re-signs if he’s stuck on the wing.

One potential long term scenario could be signing Walsh to play fb, lose Herbie, Cobbo goes to centre and Mam 5/8. We then have the option for when Reynolds retires of playing Walsh at 6 & Mam at 7, with Cobbo going to fb and Mariner going to centre.

I am just not convinced Cobbo is anywhere near ready for FB yet and taking the Latrell Mitchell route may be more ideal than rushing him.

None of this factors in Niu, who I just don’t rate as a long term prospect at fb.
I think ideally we sign Cobbo for less than Herbie is asking for and give him that centre position and somehow sign Walsh. To me that is best case scenario. I think we need a new 7 after Reynolds but we could decide to shift Walsh to 6 eventually rather than keep Mam.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Trouble with that is he reportedly doesn't want to play at 9
Even if he's a starting hooker? I could understand him not wanting to be a bench hooker, but maybe he would be ok with being first choice hooker.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Even if he's a starting hooker? I could understand him not wanting to be a bench hooker, but maybe he would be ok with being first choice hooker.
Can't imagine Kodi being capable of 50 to 60 tackles per game which appears to be a prerequisite for our negative style of Hooker

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Why? He’s a Queenslander and coming off contract?
Tom Starling is not a Queenslander champion. Pretty sure you will find he re-signed for 2 years recently (couldn’t find anything official from the club but reports months ago was that it was done deal) and he has been chosen as the 9 for the future over Hodgson. I think he is playing for the Raiders next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• thenry
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Redfern_1980
  • TommieToona
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • leon.bott
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.