Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another week, another Badel hit piece
It's not a hit piece at all. He says Carrigan would prefer to stay at Red Hill but he wants more money than the Broncos offered. It's backed up with quotes from Ikin. There's nothing uncomplimentary in it. The worst you could say is it's slow news.

What do you do when you have someone like Mozer, been at the Broncos since 13 and contract at 15 but has come through the Coast?

That’s why I think you need to get away from pathways or juniors. It needs to be age and signing.
Id just like clubs to get some break on what money they invest and i think a % break on either what you invest or players you have invested in.

I think when milford signed with us it had canberra really questioning why they spent so much money on there pathway program.

Id just like clubs to get some break on what money they invest and i think a % break on either what you invest or players you have invested in.

I think when milford signed with us it had canberra really questioning why they spent so much money on there pathway program.

I agree but I’m not sure of the best way to do it.

Clubs take players from all the place and don’t even move them until they are 18 so even though you have them signed they’re not from your area. If you reward area you’re really only rewarding a very small minority.

Broncos wouldn’t get anything for Staggs they signed him at 15 in 2014. Scanlan went and signed him and kept him there until Dolphins Colts.

i think age is definitely the best way to do it, for a club to pour resources into a kid for years and years just for no advantages is very frustrating

I thought it could have been between Flegler and Carrigan in the future and the Broncos seem to be on Flegler train. I think Flegler has more potential but probably unlikely to reach it, he seems more likely to end up like one of those dime a dozen big but dumb props.

Another week, another Badel hit piece

pretty much ... all of this from an article that doesn't mention any figures at all.

we don't know what he's currently on
we don't know what the Broncos offer was
we don't know what Pat was asking for

a massive click bait article and Badel has managed to turn many people against Patty ... that is impressive

pretty much ... all of this from an article that doesn't mention any figures at all.

a massive click bait article and Badel has managed to turn many people against Patty ... that is impressive
Why is any of this our business? There was nothing wrong with the article. There was nothing "bait" about it. Maybe it's time you unsubscribed from the Courier Mail so you aren't forced to read his reportage. Save us having to read you whinging about him every day.

No by home grown I thought you meant from Brisbane.

Carrigan is an Easts junior and Walters came up through Easts and Wests too. Tigers aren’t anything to do with Broncos.

Lee was Logan Brothers then left to Raiders.

100% it’s complicated which is why I’ve been pointing out that it’s not as easy as saying home grown talent gets a discount.

Again it won’t help the clubs you think you’re helping.
A few more players you could add like Gamble who was a Albany Creek Junior before going to Redcliffe.
But what do you class as a home grown junior club when places like Bundaberg and Rockhampton are closer to Brisbane then any other NRL team, so do you class that as the Broncos talent.
Any junior clubs and schools can affiliate themselves with anyone anywhere like Keebra was West tigers for a while.
So its very complicated to sort that out a home grown discount.

A few more players you could add like Gamble who was a Albany Creek Junior before going to Redcliffe.
But what do you class as a home grown junior club when places like Bundaberg and Rockhampton are closer to Brisbane then any other NRL team, so do you class that as the Broncos talent.
Any junior clubs and schools can affiliate themselves with anyone anywhere like Keebra was West tigers for a while.
So its very complicated to sort that out a home grown discount.
It's hard enough to work out who's a QLDer. Like Benji Marshall, who went to Keebra.

Pats going nowhere. I'd say he is looking for more than a 2 year deal rather than a lot more money.

If an article like that turns a supporter against any player then there is something wrong.

It's hard enough to work out who's a QLDer. Like Benji Marshall, who went to Keebra.
When faced with a choice between going to Keebra or Whakatane, you'd move countries too

If Patty wants to go, let him go.

He won’t leave a void in the side if he goes.

If an article like that turns a supporter against any player then there is something wrong.
Well you know how it is, some folk get a bit histrionic. The story could not be more benign. No one in this is doing anything unusual in a contract negotiation. One of the headlines even describes him as "future captain." Which isn't controversial either given he's already captained for almost a season.

Okay, so saying "they can't afford to lose him" is a bit of a stretch, but it's a nice gesture.

Stories like this are healthy for the club, the player and the game. Someone else wants one of our players. If we sign him when there was a chance we might have lost him to a rival, we'll all be happy. It's like a win. Happier than if he had simply accepted the offer in the first place.

Justin Hodges is keen to be Wayne's understudy at the Dolphins. Not necessarily bad news for us. Go learn the ropes there, Justin, and let us know when you want to come back:

"You can’t expect to be coaching an NRL team if you don’t have your own teams in the lower levels and I’m ready to make that jump. Redcliffe have a board meeting on Wednesday night to decide who will be coaching. I am waiting on an answer."

“I’m definitely keen to step up. I was there as an assistant to Adam Mogg and when he resigned (last week), I didn’t know what was going to happen, so I spoke to a few people at the Dolphins and they said they want me to stay around."

“I said I will put my hat in the ring if you want me to. Hopefully I can get something there, whether it‘s coaching the Queensland Cup team or even working with the Colts guys. Coaching a State League side and moving up to an NRL assistant and then being an NRL coach is the dream and that’s what I’m working towards.”

“I’ve always wanted to coach and my end goal is to get to the NRL. I know I have a long way to go and working with Redcliffe is a chance to build more experience and it’s even better that Wayne will be the coach of the Dolphins NRL team."

“To be able to get advice from someone like Wayne would be priceless. He is involved in the Redcliffe set-up so having someone like Wayne around would be perfect for me in terms of my development as a coach."

“There’s a few coaches in the NRL you would love to learn from and Wayne is at the top of the list. I’ve known Wayne a long time as a player at the Broncos so to work with him in coaching would be awesome.”

“I’ve been developing as a coach. I’ve been in the Queensland Origin system and I’ve done the Queensland under-20s as well, we were the first coaching staff to beat NSW in six years. I definitely want to coach in the NRL one day and my time at Redcliffe under ‘Moggy’ has given me the scope to learn as much as I can as a coach.”

McHunt

@Wolfie whats going on mate? Get him on speed dial, offer him a massage after each game as a sweetener.

@Wolfie whats going on mate? Get him on speed dial, offer him a massage after each game as a sweetener.
Ha ha, he won't leave mate!

I think people are just reading a bit too much into it. Just the usual first round of negotiations. Let's face it, with the Phins on the scene now I think most off contract players would be silly Not to see what they are going to offer, but I just can't see him leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.