Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money wouldnt be massive. It used to be a lot more attractive because there was some sort of tax exemption iirc but its not around anymore.
I think it all changed when the NRL hit a billion on their broadcast deal... suddenly Super Rugby and ESL couldn't compete with the NRL

I think it all changed when the NRL hit a billion on their broadcast deal... suddenly Super Rugby and ESL couldn't compete with the NRL

That would definatly be a part of it. When i get motivated i'll try to find the Tax thing i was thinking of. I guess at one time as well the pound was so much stronger than our dollar they could make a fortune from ordinary contracts.

That would definatly be a part of it. When i get motivated i'll try to find the Tax thing i was thinking of. I guess at one time as well the pound was so much stronger than our dollar they could make a fortune from ordinary contracts.

I remember the concern from the players that it would end up being retrospective and getting whacked with a big tax bill.

BRONCOS: Rosters spots left: 1
What they need: Josh Kerr. The Broncos need an insurance policy in case Payne Haas renews his fight to leave. Kerr is not getting a look-in at the Dragons and is a Queenslander to boot.

Rhys Kennedy apparently has told the Broncos he wants a starting position and will be heading to England to try his luck. Good luck to him.
I think he's finishing his Masters in Clinical Exercise Physiology this year.

What they need: Josh Kerr. The Broncos need an insurance policy in case Payne Haas renews his fight to leave. Kerr is not getting a look-in at the Dragons and is a Queenslander to boot.

I always thought Kerr was pretty average and fairly dumb as well, so not sure on that one

We have James and Kennedy who provide the same as what Kerr would. We have Willison and I believe there's another promising youngster that's on a development deal.

We have cover for Haas. It's a pointless article.

Loool if he's not getting a run with the Dragons, why the **** would he with us??

I feel like he'd be a minimum contract player and if a coach can get him just doing the basics correct and fitting into a structure, then he'd be a good footy player.

He doesn't play much, but he always seems to pop up around the ball... if you can get him just taking his hitups without forcing the ball out, and also get the penalties and stupid things out of his game then he'd be a pretty handy footy player.

Thought he was getting a decent run of footy earlier this year under Griffin, but he's dumped him for his old boys again... Kerr just hasn't been able to get a continuous run of footy over the course of his whole career.

Could be like Jensen. He couldnt get a look in up at the Cowboys for one reason or another and he's doing well here.
Jensen not getting a run was always a bit of a head scratcher though,
Don’t really rate Kerr at all

Jensen not getting a run was always a bit of a head scratcher though,
Don’t really rate Kerr at all

He had issues up there. It was probably only after he burned his bridges with a fair few people that the penny dropped with him and i think it was too late then. He's always done fairly well in ISC though.

The thing is though, we are talking about Kerr as being purely depth and kind of like a James role where he is really only getting a game if there are significant injuries.

The way the players talk about James even though he hasn't played NRL for us since round start of the year, maybe they should be talking to him about hanging up the boots and working with our forwards as a coach. They all seem to speak very highly of him.

RTS has cracked the all blacks squad for the first time since going to union thus killing my dream of us snagging him for fullback next year.

This only qualifies as a broncos rumour due to my constant attempts to manifest it through the power of posting.

How good did Brenko's footwork look before passing to Pereira for the try?

We could really use that for when Cobbo comes back.

I noticed Staggs is not satisfied with playing a simple link man role and instead goes for the one man glory runs (when he realises he missed an opportunity to pass to Cobbo for a try he generally ends up trying to offload and it fails)

Staggs could be better used on the end of a long sweeping play out to the left.

Is Areyn out? or is he okay to be back next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • bb_gun
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Hurrijo
  • mystico
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.