Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard this morning, and i'm not convinced its true but it does kind of make sense, that the Rorters may be open to releasing Tedesco to the Dolphins and they move Manu to fullback. Then guess who that would open enough funds for them to sign 🤔
Possible, but JWH hasnt decided yet. Crichton deal isn't done yet either. Will ask sauce on Thursday.

I heard this morning, and i'm not convinced its true but it does kind of make sense, that the Rorters may be open to releasing Tedesco to the Dolphins and they move Manu to fullback. Then guess who that would open enough funds for them to sign 🤔
Would Tedesco really want to go to the Dolphin's? Can't see it myself, unless it was insane money. If the Roosters wanted him out, I think he'd be more likely to take a little bit less to go to a team where he'd still be a chance of winning a comp.

he’s literally their captain, I can’t see roosters forcing him out. Just can’t see it.

Well Tedesco or Manu can come here for Haas, **** doing favours to other clubs especially the fucking dolphins.

Haas is going to be an issue at the end of the year if not before so if there is a way we can get him out of here that one way or another benefits us then we should take it, even if that means we dont get a Rorter in exchange. Up to Ikin, Donaghy and Kevvie to find players we could use. I'm also not particularly worried about other teams. We are getting our house in order so we dont really have to worry about what is happening elsewhere.
Would Tedesco really want to go to the Dolphin's? Can't see it myself, unless it was insane money. If the Roosters wanted him out, I think he'd be more likely to take a little bit less to go to a team where he'd still be a chance of winning a comp.

If the money is right i think he would. He's achieved pretty much everything he can at the Rorters and in both Suallii and Manu they already have their succession plans in place. I dont think they would force Teddy out but Uncle Nick might give im a might nudge him out of the door like they did with Pearce when Cronk became available.

I think Tedesco is on a steep decline too. Has been really good the last month but was pretty ineffective earlier in the season. Once his first-few-metres of acceleration goes he is finished.

I think Tedesco is on a steep decline too. Has been really good the last month but was pretty ineffective earlier in the season. Once his first-few-metres of acceleration goes he is finished.
Agreed, he doesn’t have the creativity to make up for it.

Punted favourite son Pearce for Cronk.
Let’s be real though, Pearce was never the same caliber player Tedesco is. Pearce was never considered the best in his position,, Cronk was. Whereas Tedesco is the Current Australian/NSW fullback and will probably hold onto it for the next couple of years. Pearce was always a bit of a ratbag, not a great person to build a culture around so when Cronk got brought in no one was really fazed. Probably got the playing group even more confident/excited. But im sure if they forced out Tedesco surely it rubs the playing group the wrong way. I just don’t think the Pearce situation is a great comparison.

But let’s say Tedesco was to get forced out, I think that’s at least a couple of years away as roosters have lost a lot of experience recently.

Let’s be real though, Pearce was never the same caliber player Tedesco is. Pearce was never considered the best in his position,, Cronk was. Whereas Tedesco is the Current Australian/NSW fullback and will probably hold onto it for the next couple of years. Pearce was always a bit of a ratbag, not a great person to build a culture around so when Cronk got brought in no one was really fazed. Probably got the playing group even more confident/excited. But im sure if they forced out Tedesco surely it rubs the playing group the wrong way. I just don’t think the Pearce situation is a great comparison.

But let’s say Tedesco was to get forced out, I think that’s at least a couple of years away as roosters have lost a lot of experience recently.
Apart from him not being in the same calibre as Teddy, which i agree with i cant see why you think its not a valid comparison. He was a very popular member of their playing group and a mainstay of their team, and as much as he was a ratbag, lets not forget which Rorter got pulled up for a few racist comments this year. Pearce was replaceable so the replaced him. They can do the same if they are serious about letting Teddy go with Manu, especially if they want to utilise his salary in positions where they have players coming to the end of their time ( Hargreaves and Taukeiaho ).

Apart from him not being in the same calibre as Teddy, which i agree with i cant see why you think its not a valid comparison. He was a very popular member of their playing group and a mainstay of their team, and as much as he was a ratbag, lets not forget which Rorter got pulled up for a few racist comments this year. Pearce was replaceable so the replaced him. They can do the same if they are serious about letting Teddy go with Manu, especially if they want to utilise his salary in positions where they have players coming to the end of their time ( Hargreaves and Taukeiaho ).

Pearce made his own choice to go- he had two years left at the Roosters didn't need to have a sook and leave or ask to leave. He did the same thing again at the Knights.

Pearce made his own choice to go- he had two years left at the Roosters didn't need to have a sook and leave or ask to leave. He did the same thing again at the Knights.

You would have to be an idiot to think he was going to be in that side in front of Cronk. He left because he had a subtle nudge out of the door even if publicly it came across as you said. He wasnt going to hang around and be their 14 or backup. I guess he could have tried to take the 6 shirt from Keary, but after they chased a 7 to replace him i think it was fairly obvious his time there was over.

Cant say i took much notice of him at the knights tbh so i cant really comment on that situation.

You would have to be an idiot to think he was going to be in that side in front of Cronk. He left because he had a subtle nudge out of the door even if publicly it came across as you said. He wasnt going to hang around and be their 14 or backup. I guess he could have tried to take the 6 shirt from Keary, but after they chased a 7 to replace him i think it was fairly obvious his time there was over.

Cant say i took much notice of him at the knights tbh so i cant really comment on that situation.

That's still his call, if he stays; he has another two comps. Wasn't really a great call in the end to sook and carry on like a rock star.

That's still his call, if he stays; he has another two comps. Wasn't really a great call in the end to sook and carry on like a rock star.

You arent stupid, you know its not quite as simple as you are making out. There was no way on earth he was staying to play second fiddle to Cronk and Keary. He could have stayed, but i doubt any established half in their prime in his position would want to be a backup player. I dont doubt he had a sook about being replaced by somebody like Cronk, i think a lot of players would as well tbh in his position.

when you take into consideration the shape of their squad/cap with the players in the forwards retiring etc. I can see where the argument could be made but personally I still think it is a bit far fetched to think that they would let Tedesco walk.

As far as the racist comments goes,, If you think the Squid Game comments Tedesco made is in any way shape or form comparable to the dossier of shit Pearce did in his career then you are grasping at straws…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.