Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you missed the point on that one…

Where has Payne Haas gone, despite his stated desire to leave?
His mgmt spent their gun powder too quickly. There's only 1x team that the cards would be shuffled for him to go to, and that hasn't happened yet.

His mgmt spent their gun powder too quickly. There's only 1x team that the cards would be shuffled for him to go to, and that hasn't happened yet.
Dogs? Roosters?

If it’s Roosters, please shuffle that Manu card this way.

Dogs? Roosters?

If it’s Roosters, please shuffle that Manu card this way.

I heard this morning, and i'm not convinced its true but it does kind of make sense, that the Rorters may be open to releasing Tedesco to the Dolphins and they move Manu to fullback. Then guess who that would open enough funds for them to sign 🤔

I heard this morning, and i'm not convinced its true but it does kind of make sense, that the Rorters may be open to releasing Tedesco to the Dolphins and they move Manu to fullback. Then guess who that would open enough funds for them to sign 🤔
Sounds great for the Dolphins and roosters but what do we get out of that?

We get rid of that grub that doesnt want to be a Bronco and maybe we can look at improving our spine with the money.
Manu and Teddy off the table, who’s the spine player available ?

Manu and Teddy off the table, who’s the spine player available ?
Sounds like a bad deal. Haas can stay for another year. Unless we get Tedesco or Manu...

Doesnt have to be from the Rorters. I couldnt care less if they dont give us anyone for Payne even though a player from them would be preferable. He's going to be trouble for us now and a distraction regardless. You have players like Critchon, Drinkwater, Hamiso-Fidow, Walker, Munster, Cook all off contract who would improve us who we can talk to from November 1. I know we wouldnt see those until 2024, but they are all good players who are better than we have in their respective positions imo. Surely we are smart enough now to use his contract wisely. Maybe take somebody like Collins and put the rest to upgrade some and keep our powder dry for a shot at Drinkwater.

Payne needs to go. I think any deal that gets rid of him is a good one now providing we dont lose out financially ( which we wont ). He's shown his true colours and its just going to be a circus around him now until he leaves. We have had enough of that off field shit over the past 3 years.

A trade with Roosters Haas for Teddy would be absolutely a great play for us and we should try and make it happen.

Yeah I wondered when the rumours Tedesco is on the outer would start. Manu has shown he is clearly a gun fullback and cheaper than Tedesco, makes sense. I guess Staggs, Cobbo and Haas all to the Roosters as a result?

Yeah I wondered when the rumours Tedesco is on the outer would start. Manu has shown he is clearly a gun fullback and cheaper than Tedesco, makes sense. I guess Staggs, Cobbo and Haas all to the Roosters as a result?

I dont think its so much Tedesco is on the outer, but he is a big earning player just about to hit his 30's. While he is still a quality player, they can replace him with another quality player they already have and use his money to strengthen elsewhere and they can offload him without having to pay a cent to another club as teams will pick up his contract.

it is also why I think Herbie might turn out a gun fullback too, very similar players.
We can only hope. Happy to be wrong on this one and feel free to rub it in if it happens but I just don’t think Herbie has the same ceiling as Manu.

I have no doubt he would be a weapon at running metres from there but I’m not yet sold on the rest.

By all accounts he’s got a good footy brain an attitude so hopefully he’s turning lemons into lemonade and fully committing his newly found spare time this season doing all he can to be a good fullback.

The dude is just such a hog though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Tim K
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.