Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think it’s over the line just yet..
Expecting the dolphins will come in hard at the 11th hour.
I do hope he ends up back with us.

It's being reported that the Warriors have only granted him permission to negotiate with us for next year.

If true then the Dolphins can't come at him hard or otherwise

What position would he play? I prefer TMM at fullback and Ezra at 6. Then put Cobbo at fullback after TMM guides him.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. TMM hasn't renewed with us, seems fairly keen to go back to NZ. Gives them a good option at 1 and at 6 which is better than their current halves option.
If true this would explain his lack of signing and the strange release of Walsh with strings for sure.

Sadly I prefer TMM, he's not an elite fullback but he's super reliable, really mature and organises our defense well. Walsh has a bit of a chip on his shoulder, is a weapon in attack but I'm not convinced on the other stuff

If what is rumoured comes about, NZ could have a decentish spine forming (they definitely need to find a 9 though):

1. CNK
6. One of Their 85 Not Good Enough Half Options
7. TMM
9. A Rubber Chicken

Swap Walsh for Jesse Arthars (still under contract with Broncos for next year).

Swap Walsh for Jesse Arthars (still under contract with Broncos for next year).
I do think it’s quite likely that arthars wont be at broncos next year. He is clearly down the pecking order and we have the likes of hoeter etc coming through as the injury cover option.

I’d think that at least one of TMM, Tesi Niu and Jesse Arthars won’t be there next year. I for one hope we keep TMM as he is a solid backup for 1, 6 or 7.

The wording added by Badel to last night's piece on Walsh says he's a Bronco until 2025, and that he could've got considerably more money ($400+k vs $700k) at the Dolphins but the release was conditional that he was only allowed to negotiate with the Broncos.

The wording added by Badel to last night's piece on Walsh says he's a Bronco until 2025, and that he could've got considerably more money ($400+k vs $700k) at the Dolphins but the release was conditional that he was only allowed to negotiate with the Broncos.
So is the claim by Badel that he's signed with us on 400k?

So is the claim by Badel that he's signed with us on 400k?
Confidence level that he's signed a three year deal is "it is understood." Confidence level that he's agreed to terms is he's "officially a Bronco." That will be Badel. I would bank that.

There's mention later in the article that the Dolphins were prepared to offer him "a four-year deal worth $700,000 annually." Walsh's deal with the Broncos "will not greatly exceed the value of his existing Warriors contract, which is worth around $400,000 a season." That would be rumour, which could've been contributed by anyone. File it to one side.

So I wouldn't get too worked up on the figures quoted, but bank that he's now a Bronco.

It very much sounds like when we initially released Walsh early to the Warriors we made some sort of arrangement should he ever want an early release, the Warriors are now honoring the deal.

Reactions: LGH
It very much sounds like when we initially released Walsh early to the Warriors we made some sort of arrangement should he ever want an early release, the Warriors are now honoring the deal.

Walsh unfortunately split from the mother of his child & wants to stay in Brisbane to be closer to his daughter.

Says family reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • kiwi2
  • Jedhead
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.