Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 33/34, could hunt handle transitioning to hooker at nrl level and playing in the middle every week as opposed to 50-60 minutes three times a year? Would his signing cost us Mozer or Paix?

I feel like he’s not worth the risk for the price he’ll be demanding.

If it was to be done....would probably aim for 25-30 min stints each half. Use as spark or game control roll.

If it was to be done....would probably aim for 25-30 min stints each half. Use as spark or game control roll.
no way Hunt would be willing to do that , for QLD yes but club not a chance. It’s a luxury that not many if any teams could afford.

Yeah, I'm sure enough clubs would interested with Hunt at 7 that he could turn down any club offering him a spot at 9.

If he comes back, I think it'll be a Benji role for the last year of his career. Farewell tour at 7 after Reynolds retires or Bench utility.

Yeah, I'm sure enough clubs would interested with Hunt at 7 that he could turn down any club offering him a spot at 9.

If he comes back, I think it'll be a Benji role for the last year of his career. Farewell tour at 7 after Reynolds retires or Bench utility.
He's actually the same age as Reynolds. Feel like hunt is now the player he could have been 5 years ago if 2015 didn't scar him, or he had some more support at the dragons. This year and next will be great but with his style of play it will be hard to maintain longer than that for more than a few games a year.

If he comes back to Qld, there is no way the Dolphins won't throw double what we could offer at him to get him. He is exactly what they need and missing out on him would be huge.

If he was willing to play 9 for us though and was willing to take a hefty paycut for one final season or three at a premiership, you wouldn't get a contract in front of him fast enough.

1. Walsh
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
9. Hunt
14. Paix

Engrave the trophy now.
You’re right in the first paragraph though mate.

More money, probably quite a bit more. Then there’s the fact he probably becomes their Captain. Then you throw in the Bennett factor and remover our ‘based in Brisbane’ advantage and it becomes very hard to see him coming back to the Broncos.

He's actually the same age as Reynolds. Feel like hunt is now the player he could have been 5 years ago if 2015 didn't scar him, or he had some more support at the dragons. This year and next will be great but with his style of play it will be hard to maintain longer than that for more than a few games a year.
He’s now the player he could have been if anybody had ever been able to convince him to take playing Dummy Half seriously.

He’s a really good Halfback, but at Dummy Half he is positively elite.

He’s now the player he could have been if anybody had ever been able to convince him to take playing Dummy Half seriously.

He’s a really good Halfback, but at Dummy Half he is positively elite.
I think his wife suggested he swap to 9 a few years back - she knows her footy.

Didn’t hook get a tonne of criticism for playing him as a 9?

Didn’t hook get a tonne of criticism for playing him as a 9?

he got the criticism for playing him as a bench hooker for 10m a game while he held the view that he would eventually move to halfback.

the argument was he would have been better playing 80 mins in the QLD Cup in the position the coach wanted him to play instead of 10-15m a game playing of the bench and out of position in the NRL

Hi everyone,

Some rumours going round that Tyson Gamble is being looked at by Hull FC in SL.

Has anyone heard anything?

Not sure if there is too much in it. We've signed Tex Hoy from the Knights for next season, but last week we were linked with Gamble and Brandon Wakeham...
Gamble is not going to Hull:

Gamble is not going to Hull:

If payne were to leave at the end of this year, and patty moves to prop With a preseason at 13, I think a hetherington/gamble lock combination could be a real point of attack/difference for us.

Maybe hetherington for 50min, gamble 30min or there abouts?

Although there are locks that can ball play, they are not able to throw the passes Gamble can. Looking at JP's try last week, no other 13 is able to throw that double cut out pass to staggs that led to that try.

If payne were to leave at the end of this year, and patty moves to prop With a preseason at 13, I think a hetherington/gamble lock combination could be a real point of attack/difference for us.

Although there are locks that can ball play, they are not able to throw the passes Gamble can. Looking at JP's try last week, no other 13 is able to throw that double cut out pass to staggs that led to that try.
I'm pretty much resigned to Payne staying now. Who's going to pay him more than our already ridiculous offer?

I like that idea but I'm actually struggling to think what we'd do with the extra money though. Crazy to think that we are in that situation. Maybe throw it onto flegler and some others (hoeter, Walters for example) to front load their next contract? Maybe 1 or 2 quality depth props or a dummy half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Broncorob
  • Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Locky24
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Mister Wright
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • Brotherdu
  • broncsgoat
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.