Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Quite honestly we have so many centre options that I really couldn’t give a shit. Yeah he is good but his versatility was always going to mean he plays wing and I personally don’t think he is nearly as effective out there. It’s just what has to be done so that the best players are playing in the one team. With Brenko, Mariner and the leftover of the fullback battle all fighting for a centre spot now and in the future so Farnworth has to prove he is a good wing or he can **** right off and we use a Jordan Pereira or Isaako on **** all money cause in my honest opinion there both better wingers than what we have seen from Herbie on the wing.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Interesting with the current crop of players off contract Reynolds seems to have a high opinion on Turpin. First name he mentioned in a CM article who he described as being outstanding so far before listing of others like Haas, Riki and Robati.

Wonder if we are going to see an in-form Turpin with Reynolds calling the shots. Let’s be real Turpins issue has never been defence or effort, it’s been service, direction and at times creativity. The direction is ticked off and you’d have to think if he is playing confidently the other 2 will fix themselves because well why the **** are you a hooker if you can’t give clean service and we did see some good creativity and flair around those first few years in hooker/half roles. Also Kev rates Turps very highly I remember he ranked pretty well in last years coach points for player of the year.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Interesting with the current crop of players off contract Reynolds seems to have a high opinion on Turpin. First name he mentioned in a CM article who he described as being outstanding so far before listing of others like Haas, Riki and Robati.

Wonder if we are going to see an in-form Turpin with Reynolds calling the shots. Let’s be real Turpins issue has never been defence or effort, it’s been service, direction and at times creativity. The direction is ticked off and you’d have to think if he is playing confidently the other 2 will fix themselves because well why the **** are you a hooker if you can’t give clean service and we did see some good creativity and flair around those first few years in hooker/half roles. Also Kev rates Turps very highly I remember he ranked pretty well in last years coach points for player of the year.
Was just about to mention the first name Adam rattled off was Turpin so that's pretty interesting.
I do think we'll see the best of Turpin with Reynolds calling the shots, as you pointed out the areas he lacks in are the areas he needs help from others (like a halfback that plays his role of halfback) to be better at those things the individual parts effort and defence he is great at.

B

broncoscope

NYC Player
Feb 14, 2014
Channel 9 news was carrying on that Billy Walters is leading the race to be Adam Reynolds halves partner. **** me dead i hope not, that would really piss me off.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Was just about to mention the first name Adam rattled off was Turpin so that's pretty interesting.
I do think we'll see the best of Turpin with Reynolds calling the shots, as you pointed out the areas he lacks in are the areas he needs help from others (like a halfback that plays his role of halfback) to be better at those things the individual parts effort and defence he is great at.

When Turpin came in during his first year there he looked like one out of the box, has only gone backwards ever since.

As you said though, the first name Reynolds mentioned was Turpin.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Channel 9 news was carrying on that Billy Walters is leading the race to be Adam Reynolds halves partner. **** me dead i hope not, that would really piss me off.

ARey was playing it up as well in his interview ... he even said at one point that Billy was leading the race for the captaincy. lol

all of our halves prospects are/will be getting time in the halves with ARey during the 13-on-13 drills ...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Billy did look pretty good in his limited time in the halves at the Tigers in 2020, I'm not willing to completely write him off as an option. It's gotta be performance based, if he's the one clicking with ARey the best, give him first crack, pretty simple.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Billy did look pretty good in his limited time in the halves at the Tigers in 2020, I'm not willing to completely write him off as an option. It's gotta be performance based, if he's the one clicking with ARey the best, give him first crack, pretty simple.
I actually will agree his time at the tigers in the first season would suggest to me that he is probably the best option. However he hasn’t played much footy since then and wasn’t playing that well when he was on the field this season in both comps. Was starting to rack up some try assist in his last few nsw cup games though with I think 4 in 4 games 1-0-1-2. However I think 2-3 weeks at pre season doesnt get you in front of Gamble, kelly and young gun in Mam without having a bit of an influence from someone who he might call dad at home and coach at work. Just maybe.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Did I read in the injury update that Albert has been in the rehab group??

Might be a reason why there hasn't been much news about him being one of Areys suitors

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
Even if Billy was legitimately the best option for 5/8, trained the house down and killed it in the trials, 90% of BHQ still wouldn't accept it. He's on a hiding to nothing.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Even if Billy was legitimately the best option for 5/8, trained the house down and killed it in the trials, 90% of BHQ still wouldn't accept it. He's on a hiding to nothing.
I’m in the 10%.

If he lines up at 6 for the season opener, I trust the new regime at the Broncos that it’s because they believe he truly is the best candidate.

Equally though, I don’t think it will happen. My tip is Gamble, although I think Kelly is best suited to partner Reynolds.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did I read in the injury update that Albert has been in the rehab group??

Might be a reason why there hasn't been much news about him being one of Areys suitors

Yeah, back issues. He was out for a couple of weeks and has been training in the rehab group since. He's almost returned to full training.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

If he contributes to winning us games 90% will accept it and enjoy it, guaranteed.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Just listened to that Gamble interview and he did make a good point that might disadvantage him is him playing left side being a right footer. I reckon he will still get the spot for the year until Mam is ready.

I do suggest you watch the video though because Gamble was very excited about what’s to come and I love the way he speaks so openly and doesn’t give a shit about hiding stuff up. You get a much more personal understanding of what goes on inside that place than most other people who are just tight lipped and don’t want to say the wrong things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.