Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's way too early to tell what he is planning but I stand by what I said when we signed him: If Kevin prioritizes Billy just because of nepotism, he will lose my faith instantly.

Mahoney to Dogs, Hodgson to Eels, B. Smith to somewhere....You can't tell me we aren't still neglecting the **** out of the hooker position.

It's way too early to tell what he is planning but I stand by what I said when we signed him: If Kevin prioritizes Billy just because of nepotism, he will lose my faith instantly.

Mahoney to Dogs, Hodgson to Eels, B. Smith to somewhere....You can't tell me we aren't still neglecting the **** out of the hooker position.

We aren’t, Paix is ready, just wait and see.

Also, Hoeter signed on? I absolutely love that! He’s going to be great around the squad and what a depth option!

We aren’t, Paix is ready, just wait and see.

Also, Hoeter signed on? I absolutely love that! He’s going to be great around the squad and what a depth option!
Paix has looked better but I rewatched some of his early games and pee-yew he was average.

I was all for spending decent money on Smith or Mahoney but after some thought im happy we didnt spend 600-800k on either of them and possibly lost some talent we have.
Turpin deserves this year to show what he's got with a proper halfback he's been solid not terrible.
Paix is getting better and if Mozer is as good as they say he is he could be coming off the bench at 19 years old in 2023 with Paix or Turpin starting.
All 3 of them combined would be the price of B.Smith and all have potential to be the answer

I was all for spending decent money on Smith or Mahoney but after some thought im happy we didnt spend 600-800k on either of them and possibly lost some talent we have.
Turpin deserves this year to show what he's got with a proper halfback he's been solid not terrible.
Paix is getting better and if Mozer is as good as they say he is he could be coming off the bench at 19 years old in 2023 with Paix or Turpin starting.
All 3 of them combined would be the price of B.Smith and all have potential to be the answer

It's gonna end in tears. 5 or so rounds into next year and our most complained about weakness will be in and around the ruck, you watch. You can quote this post.

It would be absolutely nothing... whoever sent it is trying to generate anger across the fanbase by suggesting that Billy has come in and is getting favoritism.

All the vids I've seen so far have had Mam at 6 I believe.... has surprised me that Badel and co havent leaped onto it to heap pressure on the rookie.

Have seen Reynolds at 7 with him at 6, and also seen Gamble at 7 with him at 6.

I dont even know if I've seen footage of Billy yet.

Michael reads the sport on 9 he is at training everyday working. He has no need to generate anger.

I still think Turpin will leave to the Dolphins.

Moley claiming Dolphins are after Farnworth with an offer of up to $500k per season.

Pretty safe shot in the dark if you were to pull a rumour out of your ass so I doubt it means much. Pretty obvious the Phins would at least express interest.

Id like to keep him for around $400k but we’ll see. Wouldn’t get into a bidding war.

Moley claiming Dolphins are after Farnworth with an offer of up to $500k per season.

Pretty safe shot in the dark if you were to pull a rumour out of your ass so I doubt it means much. Pretty obvious the Phins would at least express interest.

Id like to keep him for around $400k but we’ll see. Wouldn’t get into a bidding war.
There are no sources in the Fox article either, nothing from anyone. Just them saying he off contract in 2023 and the Phins are setting their cross-hairs on him for a offer of 500k. Also there is the usual statement that we are cap tight. Typical of the media these days, doing everything they can to make our club less desirable. I am more sure these days of us not losing a player based on our cap then in the last 6 years. We have not shot high on any recent contract and every player we have secured has been value for money as opposed to the contracts we have partially offloaded. What our cap looks like in 2023 the media has no clue.

honestly Dolphins will be chasing whatever they can get their hands on otherwise they'll be fielding a Qcup team..

I'm a massive Herbie fan and can see him being much like Joey Manu. I'd be doing whatever I can to keep him that's not stupid money and I can see the club wanting to hang onto him.
Herbie, Cobbo and Staggs are our future in the outside backs department

I dont think he will be leaving, unless they maybe offer him a shot at fullback. Just cant see it happening.

You said that about Patty and look how that turned ou…wait a minute.
This is the tradition around here.
Someone posts low credibility ‘club is after player’ rumour, Wolfie dismisses it, BHQ calls the player an overrated gronk for 3 pages, player re-signs, BHQ celebrates and we all pretend no one said anything bad about the player.

The requirement for Herbie is yet to be seen. If Staggs is fit he has one spot locked up. Depending if we put Cobbo to fullback or leave him at centre that’s the other spot. Niu, Brenko lee and some of the other guys coming through can be good also. Herbie is very one dimensional. Can’t pass to save his life and is a bit of a liability in defence. If they are paying $500k they can have him.

The requirement for Herbie is yet to be seen. If Staggs is fit he has one spot locked up. Depending if we put Cobbo to fullback or leave him at centre that’s the other spot. Niu, Brenko lee and some of the other guys coming through can be good also. Herbie is very one dimensional. Can’t pass to save his life and is a bit of a liability in defence. If they are paying $500k they can have him.
Right on queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • broncsgoat
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.