Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Just listened to that Gamble interview and he did make a good point that might disadvantage him is him playing left side being a right footer. I reckon he will still get the spot for the year until Mam is ready.

I do suggest you watch the video though because Gamble was very excited about what’s to come and I love the way he speaks so openly and doesn’t give a shit about hiding stuff up. You get a much more personal understanding of what goes on inside that place than most other people who are just tight lipped and don’t want to say the wrong things.
Yeah great interview from Tyson. Some really interesting points - especially around the mood at the club with no one trusting each other under Seibs and divides in the playing group, and how much that has changed. Also a funny head scratcher about Kev telling Tyson to train at fullback lol.

As for Tyson playing on the left, there’s a 16 or so minute highlight video on that broncos content YouTube page and half if not more of his highlights occurred on the left side of the field for whatever that’s worth. With Reynolds being the dominant kicker it probably doesn’t matter as much, as it’s more the long kicks that are impacted by kicking foot.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I hope we improve our kicker protection. I always felt we played so shallow in attack that our kickers always had opposition players up in their face before they were ready. Maybe Reynolds will play deeper.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Yeah great interview from Tyson. Some really interesting points - especially around the mood at the club with no one trusting each other under Seibs and divides in the playing group, and how much that has changed. Also a funny head scratcher about Kev telling Tyson to train at fullback lol.

As for Tyson playing on the left, there’s a 16 or so minute highlight video on that broncos content YouTube page and half if not more of his highlights occurred on the left side of the field for whatever that’s worth. With Reynolds being the dominant kicker it probably doesn’t matter as much, as it’s more the long kicks that are impacted by kicking foot.
Also all our five eight options are right footed so they will all be equally disadvantaged.

The job of the 6 in a kicking game where Reynolds will take 95% of them is the ability to do those little kicks down a skinny blind side to catch the fullback out of position and gain a ton of field position and momentum.

Cody Walker and Wighton are experts at them, albeit both are left footers.... but it will be something I hope our 6 has in his locker when partnered up with Reynolds, and I'm sure it's something that didnt go unnoticed by Reynolds in terms of tactics and styles of play.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I hope we improve our kicker protection. I always felt we played so shallow in attack that our kickers always had opposition players up in their face before they were ready. Maybe Reynolds will play deeper.
Especially Kelly he was kicking the ball at the same time as he was getting tackled some games.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

I think Kelly, and especially mam once he gets some more qcup games in, suit Reynolds game more but we can't lose what Gamble gives us in other areas. He will put his foot on the throat of losing teams and never give up when we are behind. He will drag the rest of the team with him and piss off/frustrate the opposition.

Whilst he has that passion and drive in the nrl we need a spot for him somewhere. Once he inevitably gets comfortable, he shouldn't be in the team.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I think Kelly, and especially mam once he gets some more qcup games in, suit Reynolds game more but we can't lose what Gamble gives us in other areas. He will put his foot on the throat of losing teams and never give up when we are behind. He will drag the rest of the team with him and piss off/frustrate the opposition.

Whilst he has that passion and drive in the nrl we need a spot for him somewhere. Once he inevitably gets comfortable, he shouldn't be in the team.
I'm partway through a long interview podcast with Tyson and I'm not sure he'll ever get complacent. From what he's said so far he's always had to fight to even get selected for a squad let alone been able to take a starting position for granted.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I'm partway through a long interview podcast with Tyson and I'm not sure he'll ever get complacent. From what he's said so far he's always had to fight to even get selected for a squad let alone been able to take a starting position for granted.

He was playing BRL not too long ago. Very little chance he is over confident.

He knocked back a Sharks NYC deal too to play for Dolphins. He knew ISC was going to make him better- pretty grounded.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
He was playing BRL not too long ago. Very little chance he is over confident.

He knocked back a Sharks NYC deal too to play for Dolphins. He knew ISC was going to make him better- pretty grounded.
I’m not disagreeing with you; but as he seems like a pretty switched on bloke, is there any chance he also knew Cronulla is the fucking pits?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That is a coup! He is going to explode and we've got him long term, very very happy!

Hoeter is amazing depth too, excellent player and who knows, if he recovers from his knee injury in time, maybe he might even be a smokey for round 1.

How good is it to have actual depth!

Now, let's get Selwyn signed up long term.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016

Where can I find the interview?

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
That is a coup! He is going to explode and we've got him long term, very very happy!

Hoeter is amazing depth too, excellent player and who knows, if he recovers from his knee injury in time, maybe he might even be a smokey for round 1.

How good is it to have actual depth!

Now, let's get Selwyn signed up long term.
The kid looked real good in his limited appearances.

he looked like Haas when he first debuted. In everything, 3 back to back tackles per set etc.
Yeah I really liked what I saw of him in the top grade. If injurys are kind to him I see him being a really really good player. Also have to take into account the club has good stock in the forwards that are young and ahead of him atm and he is willing to commit for 5 years that's another big tick for Xavier.

Signing Hoeter up for 22 I really like that good quality depth who wouldn't look out of place in first grade.

Selwyn has to be next im sure its probably a conversation in the works.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yeah I really liked what I saw of him in the top grade. If injurys are kind to him I see him being a really really good player. Also have to take into account the club has good stock in the forwards that are young and ahead of him atm and he is willing to commit for 5 years that's another big tick for Xavier.

Signing Hoeter up for 22 I really like that good quality depth who wouldn't look out of place in first grade.

Selwyn has to be next im sure its probably a conversation in the works.

Also, having Willison, Carrigan and Flegs signed up means we don't need to overspend on Haas. I know in some circles it is an unpopular opinion but I do not want a million+ dollar a year forward, it is way too much cash locked up in that position. I am NOT saying Haas isn't genuinely elite, he 100% is the best prop in the game with still more upside but the reality is, what was the last team to win a comp with a million dollar a year forward? The Roosters don't count because they have the salary cap auditor in their pocket.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
anyone in the know rate willison better than the va'a brother's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • bazza
  • kat00
  • Huge
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.