Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will come back to haunt us but to be fair there isn’t much for them to whip us about. We have hired great staff, recruited well and finished the season well as well as only losing Isaako to the dolphins thus far. What can they really do except stand there and say we need a better 9,6,1 but that would just ruin there stories about how good Mozer, Mam and Cobbo are for the future. Broncos haven’t done much wrong for a couple months now and the media have understood that and shut up the negativity. They are jumping on the hype train for when the impending crash occurs.
‘losing’ Isaako is one way to word it.

Edwards knocked back 460k/4yr offer from Penrith. Should we over Tesi?

its a no from me dawg GIF

I think he's a reliable fullback but just not what you want nowadays... you need to have world class players in the spine and Panthers have Cleary and Luai to cover for the solid and reliable play that Edwards brings.

I think his ball playing is very limited and don't really rate his speed or athleticism, so I've got him nowhere near being a marquee money fullback in my eyes... would be an absolute anchor on the salary cap if he's offered more than $550k I reckon.

Surprised he didn't jump at the $1.6m if that's actually what they offered... every chance a couple of those years are club options or something though... maybe he's just playing games to get 3yrs guaranteed, because I think he's on the verge of being ousted by Penrith for Crichton at fullback anyway.

Extremely underrated player and I would be so tempted but we have Cobbo coming through or even Niu could be a genuine gun if he worked on his defense. So I’d um and uh but eventually say no.

Yeah Edwards has always seemed like a nothing player. Only their fullback because their money was spent elsewhere.

Yeah Edwards has always seemed like a nothing player. Only their fullback because their money was spent elsewhere.
He is not necessarily a nothing player it’s just he does his job and the teams success makes him seem better than he is as a result. If we didn’t have Cobbo and Niu didn’t finish the season well, I would be jumping at that opportunity quicker than you can say ‘nothing player’ again. But at the end of the day he kind of is a nothing player in that he doesn’t bring anything except the same decent standard of performance every week. Which is great don’t get me wrong we needed that but not for his asking price to pry him out of Sydney and definitely not at the expense of two youngsters.

He's an awesome defensive fullback with a very high motor who just goes all day and racks up metres. He's not elite by any stretch, but he's basically the perfect fullback in the mid price category. At 500k/3 years I'd take him all day. Unless Staggs/Cobbo have the motor to be a fulltime no.1, then I wouldn't bother.

He's an awesome defensive fullback with a very high motor who just goes all day and racks up metres. He's not elite by any stretch, but he's basically the perfect fullback in the mid price category. At 500k/3 years I'd take him all day. Unless Staggs/Cobbo have the motor to be a fulltime no.1, then I wouldn't bother.
Yeah Cobbo looks like he could be an outstanding fullback but he has also said he’s happy playing centre and he will no doubt be an amazing centre. It gives the club the luxury of being opportunistic if the right fullback becomes available - otherwise you’d just move Cobbo there.

Edwards at 550k per season for 3 years is a pretty good deal. He’s almost the exact opposite player to Isaako. You know exactly what you get week in and week out, does all the little things flawlessly and is one of the best at organising the defensive line. He would bring a massive amount of stability to our spine and defence.

Whatever he may lack in X factor would be compensated by having Staggs and Cobbo as your centre pairing, and Reynolds / Mam as your halves.

Cobbo would be 23/24 with 4 seasons and a dozen games NRL experience which would be a good time to transition to fullback once that Edwards deal is finished. In that period you’ve also had Mam and Mozer become established first graders with Edwards and Reynolds to take pressure off.

I’m not saying I’m particularly keen on the idea in fact, I’d much prefer to start with Tesi with the plan of transitioning Cobbo but it has its merits for sure.

If he's knocked back that offer, he's asking more than we should pay for him

Extremely underrated player and I would be so tempted but we have Cobbo coming through or even Niu could be a genuine gun if he worked on his defense. So I’d um and uh but eventually say no.

Herbie is your man. he has the drive, the fitness and the skillset to make a quality NRL fullback.

Cobbo to form a lethal center pairing with Staggs

If he's knocked back that offer, he's asking more than we should pay for him

Herbie is your man. he has the drive, the fitness and the skillset to make a quality NRL fullback.

Cobbo to form a lethal center pairing with Staggs
You put Herbie in there with no preseason and you'll basically get the same output as Edwards.

You put Herbie in there with no preseason and you'll basically get the same output as Edwards.

a) we should be giving him the pre-season. we likely are as I don't think Tesi is a certainty (although probably the front runner)

b) which still means we don't need to spend over 500k a year for Edwards, and by season 2023 (which would be when we got Edwards anyway) with a full season and a full preseason, you'd have Herbie giving you a much better output than Edwards

a) we should be giving him the pre-season. we likely are as I don't think Tesi is a certainty (although probably the front runner)

b) which still means we don't need to spend over 500k a year for Edwards, and by season 2023 (which would be when we got Edwards anyway) with a full season and a full preseason, you'd have Herbie giving you a much better output than Edwards
A good ball playing 5/8 that plays both sides and a lock who can ball play abit would suit Herbie at 1 as you wouldn't have to worry too much about his ball playing ability he's got all the other skills. Id say he'd be one of the fittest In the team. He's got alot of Joey Manu in his game

Dylan Edwards is a solid player without being brilliant, he does well for Penrith but you couldn't say he's the reason they win or lose games.

I reckon if you threw him in any other team that wasn't as well developed as the Penrith team is, you'd barely notice him, which can be good if you don't notice a player it usually means they aren't making many mistakes but at the same time like I said, he's no match winner. I'd rather have Cobbo moving forward.

I’m all for the Herbie experiment but I just don’t see him working there with his total lack of passing ability. His speed and left foot step would be pretty handy. No idea how his positioning or defence will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • The True King
  • azza.79
  • lynx000
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.