Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
carrigan going doesnt bother me in the slightest, hasnt shown any reason to believe hes a long term top forward that should be paid good money, especially when youve got the quality young forwards we have waiting in the wings

Hone grown talent wouldn’t help the Broncos. Broncos have very few Brisbane players. You’d need make it recruited by end of school or been with the club since 17 and make debut.
Speaking of which, I've just added this ethno map - so to speak - to the roster tracker. It's complicated, of course, some of the QLD players are born in NSW. And allegiances are prone to change subject to who will pick them. I'd like to add another group of our "homegrown" talent. Who here makes that cut?

ETHNO MAP

QLD (15)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jamayne Isaako, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, TC Robati, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Albert Kelly, Chris Smith, Harrison Graham, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy

Indigenous (5)
Albert Kelly, Chris Smith, Kotoni Staggs, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo

Tonga (4)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Jamayne Isaako, Keenan Palasia, Payne Haas

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

PNG (1)
David Mead

If he wants a bidding war then see you and your dodgy knee later.

Ben Ikin

“We’re still in negotiations. We would love to keep Pat. It’s hard to make an assessment on what he will do, it’s a decision for Pat to make. I understand there will be offers, probably beyond the two Brisbane clubs, because he is not only a quality player, he is a quality human being and we see him as a big part of our future. We will fight hard to keep him.”

“Pat has great leadership qualities. As Pat continues to grow in his body and builds out his football, he has a bit of Dale Finucane about him. Pat is highly intelligent and he can see the game is evolving and he wants to add some other tools to his game."

“Because of his work ethic, he will do whatever it takes to acquire those extra tools. The 17th franchise is not just a threat to us, they will put pressure on everyone else to make sure they are running a good business."

“Pat ticks so many boxes. He is one of those guys you don’t need to motivate. You don’t have to explain things twice. He gets it. He works hard, he wants to get better and he wants to be here driving a winning culture at the Broncos. Those are the kind of guys you want to keep around.”

Wayne Bennett:

“I’m not going to comment on individual players but there’s 16 clubs out there with 30 players in their squad and we need to sign 30 players.

Wow patty what’s doing mate?

Maybe a % of what clubs spend on junior development spend a million for example get 300k total off players that come through that pathway.

What do you do when you have someone like Mozer, been at the Broncos since 13 and contract at 15 but has come through the Coast?

That’s why I think you need to get away from pathways or juniors. It needs to be age and signing.

Don’t be a flog, Pat.
Wow patty what’s doing mate?
I don't see any harm in him negotiating when he has another offer, one that wouldn't even require him moving house. Dangling the captaincy down the track doesn't have quite the pull when you know they're also doing the same with the other prop. Nothing to see here, really. If the Dolphins are offering substantially more, and the Broncos won't budge, he should jump ship.

Speaking of which, I've just added this ethno map - so to speak - to the roster tracker. It's complicated, of course, some of the QLD players are born in NSW. And allegiances are prone to change subject to who will pick them. I'd like to add another group of our "homegrown" talent. Who here makes that cut?

ETHNO MAP

QLD (15)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jamayne Isaako, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, TC Robati, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Albert Kelly, Chris Smith, Harrison Graham, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy

Indigenous (5)

Tonga (4)

Samoa (3)

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

PNG (1)
David Mead

ETHNO MAP

QLD (15)

NZ (9)

NSW (8)

Indigenous (5)

Tonga (4)

Samoa (3)

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

PNG (1)
David Mead

Walters, Lee and Carrigan would nearly be it.

Walters, Lee and Carrigan would nearly be it.
Meaning they played for a Broncos feeder club? It's actually quite complicated to settle on what "homegrown" means when you start taking birthplace, high school, junior club and first NRL club into account.

Meaning they played for a Broncos feeder club?

No by home grown I thought you meant from Brisbane.

Carrigan is an Easts junior and Walters came up through Easts and Wests too. Tigers aren’t anything to do with Broncos.

Lee was Logan Brothers then left to Raiders.

100% it’s complicated which is why I’ve been pointing out that it’s not as easy as saying home grown talent gets a discount.

Again it won’t help the clubs you think you’re helping.

Bravo to Patty’s manager in getting that extra $50k out fo the broncos, bet he signs that extension before the end of the year

I don't see any harm in him negotiating when he has another offer, one that wouldn't even require him moving house. Dangling the captaincy down the track doesn't have quite the pull when you know they're also doing the same with the other prop. Nothing to see here, really. If the Dolphins are offering substantially more, and the Broncos won't budge, he should jump ship.
When we announce Welch on November 1 I won’t even remember his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.