Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reynolds spent some time at the club this week. Pumped to be here. Like a kid in a candy shop.

Reynolds, Capewell and a few others did some promo shoots as well.
On serious note, do you have reason to believe that any big signings are on the cards for 2023 or are we going to use the funds to promote internally?

Reynolds spent some time at the club this week. Pumped to be here. Like a kid in a candy shop.

Very very tough pre-season ahead for the players. I would expect a huge increase in base level fitness. Ballard not mucking around, team was not fit enough in 2020/2021. Can't compete for 80 mins if you are all unfit.

Game on for 2022! Lots to be excited about!

It's so good to hear this. After losing the GF, starting at a new club could be the best thing for him

Very very tough pre-season ahead for the players. I would expect a huge increase in base level fitness. Ballard not mucking around, team was not fit enough in 2020/2021. Can't compete for 80 mins if you are all unfit.

Game on for 2022! Lots to be excited about!

If that was Haas without proper fitness training, I can't wait to see him next season. 👀

But yeah, I agree that we weren't fit enough across the board. Too much weights, not enough speed work, as a wise man once said. Guys like Isaako, Niu & Riki are all balls of muscle, but by the last 20 minutes they're close to useless because they're so gassed. Staggs could also benefit from trimming down, but coming off multiple serious injuries, it's hard to criticise him too much about that.

For mine, I just want to see the NRL come down on players that agitate for a release.

Nup, if you've signed a contract, don't be a flog and see it out.
I wouldn't mind either as long as it applied to coaches too! That way we'd have kept WB another year and would likely have seen Seeplod's real ahem, abilities in time to avoid the nightmare which was his reign.

Just got home from work

Seen Corey Parker, Dave Donaghy and Adam Reynolds today in a corporate suite at Eagle Farm
Saw, not seen. Corey Parker was seen, I saw Corey Parker.

Courier mail saying we've offered Tyrone Roberts & Nene Macdonald train and trial deals.

I know that Nene had been reported previously, but this is the first I've seen of Roberts linked with us.

Courier mail saying we've offered Tyrone Roberts & Nene Macdonald train and trial deals.

I know that Nene had been reported previously, but this is the first I've seen of Roberts linked with us.
Actual wording used by Chris Honnery are "set to" and "considering offering." But these rumours tend to pan out.

Ikin (last month):

“We have some train and trial contracts to give out, so Kevvie meets with each of the affiliate clubs just to talk through who they are looking at for a train and trial contracts. Norths have put forward Nene’s name for a train and trial contract, so Kevvie was keen to catch up with him. We have multiple train and trial contracts across the three affiliates, so guys like Nene will be hungry for an opportunity.”

McHunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.