Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you actually read my post? Please refute the reasons provided if so.
Can you give more reasons as to why we need Milford in the side? What does he have that we need? Honestly, it's making me sick just thinking about him being back at the Broncos.

We all know that Milf has been shit the last few years. In saying that, we expected him to the player to lead us around which he clearly wasn't and set him up for failure by not having a halves partner that could support him.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to come in and be our saviour, but having Adam Reynold's next to him takes off a lot of pressure for him to come in and play his natural game. He might not be evasive ball-runner that he used to be but he is much better than any of the 5/8s we currently have. Yes, we might have six on books already but they would all be playing reserve grade if they were signed with any other team.

Thinking back to Ikin's comments when we let him go, I doubt we will sign him again. He'd come really cheap though, would rather be based in Brisbane and we've got a space available so give him a crack!

Not sure why Milford is even being raised as an option, it's been confirmed for several months that he's signing with the Knights once his court issues got settled.

I don't think he switched positions much.. He was consistently stuck over on that left edge in the 6 jersey for a very long time.

Why is his confidence fragile? Why would we want someone like that in our halves?

I'd prefer some confidence.. Someone like Munster.
Of course as would I. But that is beyond our reach at present. Whereas Milf is (if cheap) is getable at present and worth running with until Mam has had a better chance to develop in Qcup.

TBH if I was him I wouldn't come back after the club did the "nah not our problem now" at the incident where he had charges dropped because there were CCTV footage of him getting punched by his missus and someone else. But hey at least it explains why the guys confidence was shot if that's a look into what his home life is like.

Not sure why Milford is even being raised as an option, it's been confirmed for several months that he's signing with the Knights once his court issues got settled.

It is never confirmed until the signature is on the contract. Isaako was going to the Eels remember?

It's a big world mate. It would be terribly sad if we went back to Milford at 6.
It's a big world, yet look at our spine.
So you're saying he pulled his finger out at the last minute when he needed a new deal somewhere?
Perfect time to sign him for the rest of the year. Let him play his ass off trying to earn a contract. Milford playing well gives us a chance at making the 8.

Can you give more reasons as to why we need Milford in the side? What does he have that we need? Honestly, it's making me sick just thinking about him being back at the Broncos.

More reasons than the ones I provided? Umm ok, let me simplify it even more:
- Milford is experienced and very talented
- Milford will compliment Reynolds really well, takes pressure off both
- Milford can at least provide a fullback option / depth (not great but better than our current options of nothing)
- Milford was pretty good in the back end of last year
- Milford will be EXTREMELY CHEAP
- Milford already has some established combinations with many of the players
- Milford will be on an EXTREMELY SHORT deal
- Milford is gettable
- Milford provides a stop gap until Mam is hopefully ready (he isn't right now)
- Milford is a better option talent wise than ALL of our other six options

- Milford can at least provide a fullback option / depth (not great but better than our current options of nothing)
- Milford is gettable
Also has a good relationship with Kevvie. KW is in love with him.

I get why people dont want him, but look at our other options. Kelly is injured. Mam isnt going great in ISC, you could actually argue he is stagnating. Walters, not good enough in any department in the halves and is always getting physically dominated. That leaves Gamble, who again pretty much lacks real quality but does offer competitiveness and passion.

Milford in the scheme of things on bottom dollar alongside Arey isnt a bad option.

- Milford is gettable
Okay and now for my rebuttal

- Milford is Milford and will be Milford

Our 6 options are basically solid to good Queensland cup players at best. You can carry those in other positions, you cant carry them in the halves, fullback or hooker imo as the Storm show. They have quality in those areas and use solid players you dont have to worry about elsewhere.

Our 6 options are basically solid to good Queensland cup players at best. You can carry those in other positions, you cant carry them in the halves, fullback or hooker imo as the Storm show. They have quality in those areas and use solid players you dont have to worry about elsewhere.
Problem was that Milford wasn't even doing the basics right. Basics that if you don't do in QCup you get dropped.

So we're literally better off with a QCup half

So you're saying he pulled his finger out at the last minute when he needed a new deal somewhere?

Pretty much....which is exactly what he'd be doing for the remainder of the season if we signed him. He's apparently going to the Knights but as far as I know, nothing has been officially signed. He's likely going to struggle to make that side as well IMO, whereas he won't struggle to make ours. He signs with us, pushes his value up and signs with the Dolphins for next year without having to even move house. It's a win/win for Milf. Our halves options are pretty dire really. I love Gambles attitude but skill wise, he's very limited.

Even if we sign him and he spends all week bombing away at Tesi it's got to improve our overall output of our spine. Tesi needs heaps more work I know and his confidence under the high ball is one area where we can make major inroads without too much effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • something
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • Fatboy
  • kman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Mister Wright
  • Rowdy124
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.