Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Dearden went backwards too.
He didn’t go backwards, he just remained cooked and then left before Kev was here long enough to start seeing improvements.

I think Kev was very overwhelmed that first year. He was thrown an absolute dumpster fire with little to no support and was left to do his best with his limited experience.

No short cuts here either with Mam but perhaps they’re thinking Reynolds. Big shoes to fill, though you’d expect with Ben and David they would have that part of our succession plan thoroughly explored by now.
I agree.

I was just calling Milford a bit er, under-fit…

He went from "future of the Broncos" to "no future at the Broncos."
true but there was a lot of things at play with his situation, he didn't seem committed in the end either.

I don't think any player has gone backwards under Kev.

It's more that our standard has increased, and the lesser players are now much easier to spot.

A shame for us as we could do with his enthusiasm/aggression but I'm happy if it turns into a full time gig for him.

Tyson Gamble heading to Newcastle next year. He could possibly help solve their woes in the halves. He'll probably see more first grade action.

Tyson Gamble heading to Newcastle next year. He could possibly help solve their woes in the halves. He'll probably see more first grade action.
That’s terrible news. There a too few players in our squad that can lift the group with their intensity. I wouldn’t be surprised if Reynolds misses plenty of games next year and gamble is a great backup. He’s such a competitor and has been one of the few shining lights for me over the last few years. It’s disappointing that we don’t have a legit hooker which would allow Gamble to lock down a bench spot.

For those of us that are McBlocked some quotes from the article

Ben Ikin:
“Tyson has been given permission to negotiate... We understood how Tyson felt, he wants to make the most of his career and we decided to give him that opportunity. After providing great value for us, he found himself in a tough situation stuck behind Ezra Mam and he was keen to find a first grade spot somewhere else. I don’t know where Tyson will end up, but he has permission for us to look around.”

“Tyson is competitive and I know he will be good for another club. He showed last season he has what it takes to play in the NRL. He just found himself in a position here where he was behind Ezra, but he is desperate to start in the NRL and it wasn’t happening for him here."

“I like Tyson as a player and I like him as a bloke. I have really enjoyed getting to know him and since he has been at our club, he has made the team stronger and better, whether he’s in the 17 or not. He is highly competitive and that comes out at training. You need guys like that who are applying pressure constantly to the players who are playing in the same position and you want them to feel put out if they aren’t in the NRL because it means they care and they have high standards. Tyson is a very good trainer, he brings great energy to a group and I hope he finds what he is looking for at another club in the NRL.”

Knights appear to be in the box seat, but apparently Dolphins and Titans are also 'circling'

Interesting........................ so are we planning on having fark all halves and hooker depth next year?
obviously we're going to add to our squad and if we're ok with him looking we have plans.

Never mind, we always have Billy as a backup half, even if he was a complete disaster there. He needs a job.

Ben Ikin:

“Tyson has been given permission to negotiate. We understood how Tyson felt, he wants to make the most of his career and we decided to give him that opportunity. After providing great value for us, he found himself in a tough situation stuck behind Ezra Mam and he was keen to find a first grade spot somewhere else. I don’t know where Tyson will end up, but he has permission for us to look around."​
“Tyson is competitive and I know he will be good for another club. He showed last season he has what it takes to play in the NRL. He just found himself in a position here where he was behind Ezra, but he is desperate to start in the NRL and it wasn’t happening for him here. I like Tyson as a player and I like him as a bloke. I have really enjoyed getting to know him and since he has been at our club, he has made the team stronger and better, whether he’s in the 17 or not. He is highly competitive and that comes out at training."​
“You need guys like that who are applying pressure constantly to the players who are playing in the same position and you want them to feel put out if they aren’t in the NRL because it means they care and they have high standards."​
“Tyson is a very good trainer, he brings great energy to a group and I hope he finds what he is looking for at another club in the NRL.”​

For the club's sake letting Tyson go is not a smart move, hes probably the only guy I have confidence in leading the team around if Reynolds goes down injured for a long period.
He should be in the 17 every week because he adds alot to the team but we don't have a 9 who can go 80 so we've got to carry one on the bench.
Kelly and Roberts aren't signed for next season and are on their last legs.. so if we loose Tyson who are we getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.