Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Ikin would never provide any reporter with a comment for a story like this given he’s currently an employee of the Broncos.. The only circumstance in which he’ll comment publicly about this is if he gets the QRL role..
Yes, it would in bad taste for him to comment. And downright embarrassing if he's passed over.

If he has applied it would mean quitting his contract early. That might even imply a push.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Sam Walker anyone? Could be a good get (back) to be mentored by Reyno before he retires.
If Reynolds was retiring next year yeah you'd probably make a play but there isn't a spot here for him for the next few years (Reyno wants to go longer than his current contract). If he was willing to wait for his shot you would. If you could team him up with Mozer in cup to build a combination that would be ideal but I doubt Sam would go somewhere to sit in reserve grade.

Sam, Walsh Mam and Mozer could potentially be the QLD spine one day and would play a exciting brand of footy.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Sam Walker anyone? Could be a good get (back) to be mentored by Reyno before he retires.
FWIW, here's what Walker has to say after getting the boot. It's possibly relevant to this thread:

“I’m not giving up. I will be back. I never wanted to get dropped, but I will work as hard as I possibly can to get a spot back in the team. I was a bit shocked, but it wasn’t the start to the season that I ideally wanted."​
“Robbo’s basic advice for me is to go back to NSW Cup, get back to the way I play and show the form I did when I first came into grade. I haven’t been myself for a little while, but the last two weeks of Cup, I am trying to get back to playing the type of football that I know I can play. To be honest, I have lacked a bit at the start of the year and it’s been good to go back and work on my skills again without the pressure and the spotlight of the NRL."​
"I definitely want to stay at the Roosters. The club has done a lot for me and I have been here for a few years. The Roosters is where I want to be and the talk about me leaving … there’s no chance. The Roosters gave me a great opportunity coming here and I am extremely grateful for that. I’ve played 50-odd NRL games now and it’s all thanks to the Roosters and the time and effort they have put into developing me as a player. I love it at this club. I’m contracted here, and my first goal is to be playing NRL for the Roosters again. I’ve never thought about leaving.”​

“Look, Cooper has been awesome for me. He’s a legend of the game, he’s done it all, and he has been teaching me a lot about the Roosters and the way to manage a game. He has put a lot of time into not only myself, but all the halves coming through at the Roosters. I’m not the first young guy to be dropped. I’m only 20 and it’s a long year ahead. The challenge for me now is to play my best football and show Robbo I deserve to be picked again.”​
“I feel I’ve got a good combination with Luke. We have played a fair bit of footy together and I think our games work well together. ‘Kez’ is a great player, he’s won premierships, and we spend a lot of time together at training working on our combinations. I’m not too fazed where I play really. I am capable of playing both six or seven so I don’t feel where I play affects my game. I’ve always been a team-first sort of guy and if Robbo wants me at six or seven, I’m pretty versatile like that."​
“I am always looking to evolve my game. Ever since I came into grade, I’ve got my certain style and it’s important I keep that, but then I need to evolve other areas of my game and I feel I’m doing that in the NRL.”​
“Obviously, I don’t want to be in reserve grade forever. I have to stay patient. I’m not too sure how long it will take to get back to the NRL, all I can do at the moment is play my best footy in NSW Cup and let the rest take care of itself. The Roosters wanted me to go back and enjoy myself and that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m working on all my skills and hopefully I’m back in the NRL this season."​
“At the end of the day, I’m only young, I’m 20 years old and I have a lot of learning to do. I’ll be fighting as hard as I can to get back in the team. There’s no issue with the Roosters, they have been awesome to me for a long time, as have the guys in the playing group. It’s my plan to get back in the NRL team as quickly as possible and I’m doing whatever I can to make that happen.”​

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
"all thanks to the Roosters and the time and effort they have put into developing me as a player".

Have they though? They've literally said they want to get him back to playing how he was when he first started with them. So, they've developed him backwards?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
"all thanks to the Roosters and the time and effort they have put into developing me as a player".

Have they though? They've literally said they want to get him back to playing how he was when he first started with them. So, they've developed him backwards?

the curious case of benjamin button GIF

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Nope.

Rumours are his dad & uncle are still annoyed they didn't get the coaching gig here.
We really do have the best former greats, don’t we?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If he bagged his current team he'd be an idiot. Now having said that, I'd be surprised if he didn't want to stay at the Roosters - you're young, popular, you live right next to the beach and have the potential to have money thrown at you by Politis. However if he did want out, you really can't go bagging your own club, we make fun of players like that.
There is no room for him at the Broncos currently, and he's still young and developing. He's been dropped, but I think with his potential and his young age he can still keep improving. I'd be upset if the Broncos didn't try to chase him again in a few years time... that is unless their spine was completely killing it already.

L

Locky888

QCup Player
Aug 28, 2015
St. George is in prime position to get Sam Walker and offer the Walker brothers head/assistant coaching positions. They'll part ways with Griff and Hunt. Just need Roosters blessing and it can happen before trade deadline this season.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Walker must have pee'd in Robinson's pool or something, why would the Roosters get rid of him with Kearys history of head knocks.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
St. George is in prime position to get Sam Walker and offer the Walker brothers head/assistant coaching positions. They'll part ways with Griff and Hunt. Just need Roosters blessing and it can happen before trade deadline this season.
I’d be happy for the Broncos to get Sam Walker in the future but don’t want the drama of Shane & Ben

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
FWIW, here's what Walker has to say after getting the boot. It's possibly relevant to this thread:

“I’m not giving up. I will be back. I never wanted to get dropped, but I will work as hard as I possibly can to get a spot back in the team. I was a bit shocked, but it wasn’t the start to the season that I ideally wanted."​
“Robbo’s basic advice for me is to go back to NSW Cup, get back to the way I play and show the form I did when I first came into grade. I haven’t been myself for a little while, but the last two weeks of Cup, I am trying to get back to playing the type of football that I know I can play. To be honest, I have lacked a bit at the start of the year and it’s been good to go back and work on my skills again without the pressure and the spotlight of the NRL."​
"I definitely want to stay at the Roosters. The club has done a lot for me and I have been here for a few years. The Roosters is where I want to be and the talk about me leaving … there’s no chance. The Roosters gave me a great opportunity coming here and I am extremely grateful for that. I’ve played 50-odd NRL games now and it’s all thanks to the Roosters and the time and effort they have put into developing me as a player. I love it at this club. I’m contracted here, and my first goal is to be playing NRL for the Roosters again. I’ve never thought about leaving.”​

“Look, Cooper has been awesome for me. He’s a legend of the game, he’s done it all, and he has been teaching me a lot about the Roosters and the way to manage a game. He has put a lot of time into not only myself, but all the halves coming through at the Roosters. I’m not the first young guy to be dropped. I’m only 20 and it’s a long year ahead. The challenge for me now is to play my best football and show Robbo I deserve to be picked again.”​
“I feel I’ve got a good combination with Luke. We have played a fair bit of footy together and I think our games work well together. ‘Kez’ is a great player, he’s won premierships, and we spend a lot of time together at training working on our combinations. I’m not too fazed where I play really. I am capable of playing both six or seven so I don’t feel where I play affects my game. I’ve always been a team-first sort of guy and if Robbo wants me at six or seven, I’m pretty versatile like that."​
“I am always looking to evolve my game. Ever since I came into grade, I’ve got my certain style and it’s important I keep that, but then I need to evolve other areas of my game and I feel I’m doing that in the NRL.”​
“Obviously, I don’t want to be in reserve grade forever. I have to stay patient. I’m not too sure how long it will take to get back to the NRL, all I can do at the moment is play my best footy in NSW Cup and let the rest take care of itself. The Roosters wanted me to go back and enjoy myself and that’s what I’m trying to do. I’m working on all my skills and hopefully I’m back in the NRL this season."​
“At the end of the day, I’m only young, I’m 20 years old and I have a lot of learning to do. I’ll be fighting as hard as I can to get back in the team. There’s no issue with the Roosters, they have been awesome to me for a long time, as have the guys in the playing group. It’s my plan to get back in the NRL team as quickly as possible and I’m doing whatever I can to make that happen.”​
He's saying all the right things - at the moment and in the present situation. If he's still sitting in reserves come the end of the season his attitude will have changed dramatically, and if he starts next season in cup you can bet his manager will be on the phone to 'progress' talks he would have instigated in the off-season.

It sounds just like the classic "I want to be a (insert team name) for life" speech.

I think he'd be a handy replacement for when Reyno steps down. With a spine of Walsh, Mam, Walker and Mozer I think we'd be a seriously exciting side to watch.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He's saying all the right things - at the moment and in the present situation. If he's still sitting in reserves come the end of the season his attitude will have changed dramatically, and if he starts next season in cup you can bet his manager will be on the phone to 'progress' talks he would have instigated in the off-season.

It sounds just like the classic "I want to be a (insert team name) for life" speech.

I think he'd be a handy replacement for when Reyno steps down. With a spine of Walsh, Mam, Walker and Mozer I think we'd be a seriously exciting side to watch.

You reckon he’s already signed with the Storm?

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.