Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I think bullemore too would be good to get back. He had some great moments for us and playing in a pack with patty and payne would be great. Different to flegler but faster, more agile and better footwork. I say sign him and sign big Marty on an extension and we have our pack sorted for 2024
**** no to Bullemore. Hard to think of a more over-rated player and he isn’t even that rated. I can think of one or two things he did for us that I thought were decent and he has not showed that we miss him for a second. He had his chance he and decided to leave so you need to be much better than he is to get the Hodgo treatment.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
**** no to Bullemore. Hard to think of a more over-rated player and he isn’t even that rated. I can think of one or two things he did for us that I thought were decent and he has not showed that we miss him for a second. He had his chance he and decided to leave so you need to be much better than he is to get the Hodgo treatment.

Yep, pretty much he scored that one try, and that was it...

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd probably take Bullemore back, but only if he was on a cheap contract. He's solid off the bench and would be pretty good depth with Flegler and Palasia leaving. He's still got room to improve too. Would he come back on a cheap deal? Maybe if he misses QLD.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd probably take Bullemore back, but only if he was on a cheap contract. He's solid off the bench and would be pretty good depth with Flegler and Palasia leaving. He's still got room to improve too. Would he come back on a cheap deal? Maybe if he misses QLD.

Totally agree. We all need to keep in mind that next year we lose Flegs and Palasia from an already thin group of middles. Until now, there haven't been enough injuries for our lack of middle depth to get found out. But if we don't bring any recruits, we will be left with Willison and Te Kura and that's about it because Bayliss-Brow is also out of contract end of season and regardless, like the other two, is a total rookie.

Willison still looks really promising but is a total injury magnet, you wouldn't bank on him lasting a whole season in first grade. Te Kura could be an absolute superstar but he is as it stands, unproven at the top level, very much a kid and again, you wouldn't bank on getting a full season out of him. Taupau also as it stands isn't at the club next season either so we are looking at entering 2024 very, very light in the middle. Bullemor could do a job there for us. Whether he is the right choice or not, I have no idea but I would like to see someone with experience and preferably upside bought in.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Sadly prop/second rower off contract depth with other clubs is thin, horribly thin. Theres not much value out there. If Bull would take 150-200k sure - cheap pickup, but he hasn't developed more than initial signs when he was here.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
No thanks to Bullemor as a back rower. He's not a back rower. I used to think he could play there but after watching him i dont think so anymore.

Maybe we need to take a leaf out of Wayne's book and get somebody in who we could convert to a back rower like Lemuelu.
I literally said as a middle.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
We were after Fletcher Baker a few weeks ago, not sure where that's landed yet.

8 Payne Haas
9 Billy Walters
10 Corey Jensen
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Patrick Carrigan

14 Cory Paix
15 Martin Taupau
16 Kobe Hetherington
17 Brendan Piakura

Props- Logan Bayliss, Ben Te Kura, Xavier Willison, Fletcher Baker
Second Row- Brendan Frei,

We are really lacking in 2nd row depth. Maybe it's the year we move Oates there? That's why Arthars re-signed. I'd be chasing Teig Wilton as he could be a starter and Capewell is regressing. Maybe Jack Gosiewski? We need someone.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I'm sure I remember the story going around that one of the main reasons Bullemor made the move was for a career after footy. Can't remember what he was studying or had studied, but his chances with whatever that career was would be better in Sydney.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I'm sure I remember the story going around that one of the main reasons Bullemor made the move was for a career after footy. Can't remember what he was studying or had studied, but his chances with whatever that career was would be better in Sydney.

It was something to do with finance.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Yeah and Sydney is the finance capital of Australia, he's not coming back.

Why are we only looking at off-contract players? Contracts mean **** all, this is clear now, so we can target whoever we like. I'd prefer a Queenslander like a Mo or a Lindsay Collins, someone of that ilk. Would LOVE big Tino but I don't see a way he leaves the Tits unfortunately, and in reality that's too heavy in the forwards.

I think realistically, carrying Pat and Payne on big money we are going to be limited to journeymen / up-and-comers through the rest of the pack. It's a big risk IMO - Origin, or when one or both go down with injury/suspension we're screwed, but a risk we have to take to keep them both.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
It was something to do with finance.
25EE77E8 CE10 4BE7 80C6 B504F66F19C3

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017

8 Payne Haas
9 Billy Walters
10 Corey Jensen
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Patrick Carrigan

14 Cory Paix
15 Martin Taupau
16 Kobe Hetherington
17 Brendan Piakura

We are really lacking in 2nd row depth. Maybe it's the year we move Oates there? That's why Arthars re-signed. I'd be chasing Teig Wilton as he could be a starter and Capewell is regressing. Maybe Jack Gosiewski? We need someone.
was reading sua might be looking for an out from the merge cant remember how he went with arey at souths could be an option

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Ben tekura is an amazing talent for a young lad. He will be great by 2025 I reckon. Willison will be ready soon as well but we will have to endure all of the poor handling/ discipline that come with blooding a new front rower. One thing is for sure. We will need to sign at least one forward for next year, it won't be for much coin either as we won't have alot left after haas signs.

B

Brotherdu

NRL Player
Feb 20, 2017
For the right price I would be down with bringing Sua back.
Yeah, apparently he is on 600k atm and is still contracted for next year, Dragons would need to foot some of the bill, I think that is a bit much.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Yeah, apparently he is on 600k atm and is still contracted for next year, Dragons would need to foot some of the bill, I think that is a bit much.
they owe us for paying for some of their players to play there lol
early days yet but depending on how far we go this year might make it more attractive for players to come for unders and we could finally trot out the culture line

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020

8 Payne Haas
9 Billy Walters
10 Corey Jensen
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jordan Riki
13 Patrick Carrigan

14 Cory Paix
15 Martin Taupau
16 Kobe Hetherington
17 Brendan Piakura

Apparently we're front runners for Baker...

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.