Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
Yep. They free up sualli, downgrade on Keary and JWH and spend 1.1 mil on haas.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Everyone will be coming for Haas. Everyone.

everyone GIF

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
It is interesting that Haas is still not locked in. And you laugh about the rorters but theres a chance they release Walker, Lodge & Suaalii in the off-season and sign Pearce on a low cost contract. By that time, Haas is on the open market..
Its worrying, if we lose Haas (+ with Fleggs gone) we are in strife.
If we can't keep Haas hopefully he goes to Rugby.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Rumours are that JWH is about to re-sign for 2 years.
Also Roosters have signed Spencer Leniu and are not re-signing Lodge (apparently). I'm not sure they need more props but the sombrero has room for all so you never know.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That does not fill me with confidence about getting the haas deal done

All I can suggest, as I've been saying all along, don't get your hopes up. I'll be extremely surprised if he stays but even more surprised if he stays before November 30. His manager is going to want to go to market, he's a money hungry grub and Haas's family leach off him. He will also be paying very expensive fees for his mother's legal situation. He won't be staying for less with us if he stays at all.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
All I can suggest, as I've been saying all along, don't get your hopes up. I'll be extremely surprised if he stays but even more surprised if he stays before November 30. His manager is going to want to go to market, he's a money hungry grub and Haas's family leach off him. He will also be paying very expensive fees for his mother's legal situation. He won't be staying for less with us if he stays at all.
It’s always the manager

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

I don't like it when players say they want to win a premiership with their mates and stay at the Broncos ( Coates, Fifita ) then leave for the money. Makes them look stupid. It's not difficult to say you love it at the Broncos but you want to keep your options open as its a short career. Don't talk the talk if you aren't prepared to back it up.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I don't like it when players say they want to win a premiership with their mates and stay at the Broncos ( Coates, Fifita ) then leave for the money. Makes them look stupid. It's not difficult to say you love it at the Broncos but you want to keep your options open as its a short career. Don't talk the talk if you aren't prepared to back it up.
I know right. Just shut up, win the comp, put the ring on, and then you can ask for as much as you want to move on.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Rumours are that JWH is about to re-sign for 2 years.
Also Roosters have signed Spencer Leniu and are not re-signing Lodge (apparently). I'm not sure they need more props but the sombrero has room for all so you never know.
Hopefully it's a second rower

edit- responded to the wrong post. Was regarding @Sproj's post about looking at someone else

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
The Roosters poor form helps us but I think they are good for middles. Forgot they had already bought Leniu. I don't even know another candidate that will have cap space to sign him. Other clubs will be interested but surely we are offering more.. fletcher wouldn't command flegler money I wouldn't think so we should have a considerable amount of space for haas.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
Payne's mother being incarcerated indefinitely, could change things in the Haas camp. They appear to be a tight unit.

Even if a Sydney club offers 1-200k more, that extra money just offsets Sydney prices.

Our premiership window is opening. He's not leaving for a better premiership shot.

Union is the likely. I could see him temporarily splitting up the family for a mega Union payday.

If he was staying, he would have announced. I believe he's being considerate to our current season. We'll know when the season is done. I believe it's Union.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Payne's mother being incarcerated indefinitely, could change things in the Haas camp. They appear to be a tight unit.

Even if a Sydney club offers 1-200k more, that extra money just offsets Sydney prices.

Our premiership window is opening. He's not leaving for a better premiership shot.

Union is the likely. I could see him temporarily splitting up the family for a mega Union payday.

If he was staying, he would have announced. I believe he's being considerate to our current season. We'll know when the season is done. I believe it's Union.
Haas is known for not doing anything to disrupt our season…

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.