Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I reckon I have same chance as Sailor replacing Reyno at 7.

The only way Sailor at 7 would work (imo) is if you had a more game managing type 6 that was already comfortable doing alot of kicking etc.

We have a young 6 that is a support running, short kicking explosive 6.

Just don't see any way that combo would ever work with Ezra and Sailor.
If the Broncos cloned prime Cameron Smith maybe.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Whispers in the DT that Bunji is having a sneaky word to Madden to try and get him back.

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011
I think they’ve sacked Holbrook out of the blue to give Hunt confidence that there’s an experienced coach there, he knows who the coach for the next 2 years will be and it doesn’t turn into a circus like the Dragons.

I’d say Hunt the the Titans has shortened considerably

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Meh ok. He has some talent but certainly nothing to feel like he is a massive loss over.
My thoughts exactly. It would force us to go sign a new back up and I think there would be halves lining up to come here with Reyno nearing the end and the squad we have. Jock seems like a great bloke but he has been crap for us in first grade so far and it seems whilst he is doing decently individually in q-cup the Devils are a much better side without him. Not a worrying loss if it was to eventuate and I wouldn’t stand in his way.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

It is Badel.

The 4th word in contradicts the headline ... then Badel later contradicts himself.

He starts by saying that we are "contemplating" entering the race for Hunt.

This entire article based of Kevvie's comments from a week or so ago where he gave the standard coaches answer about how you would look at a player of Hunts calibre should they come onto the market

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
It is Badel.

The 4th word in contradicts the headline ... then Badel later contradicts himself.

This entire article based of Kevvie's comments from a week or do ago where he gave the standard coaches answer about how you would look at a player of Hunts calibre should they come onto the market

To be honest, the timing of hunts request coincides with 2 clubs making moves. Titans with Hasler, Roosters shuffling the decks - add to that WB putting together a firmer squad but staying so very quiet on the matter.

I just don't see how he signs for another club but tries to come here for the remainder of the season.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It feels like a potential fairy tale but I really don’t think we need Hunt and it’s not worth the risk of disrupting what we have.

Hunt feels like too many chefs

Who are the current chefs? Reynolds, Walsh and ??

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
It is Badel.

This entire article based of Kevvie's comments from a week or so ago where he gave the standard coaches answer about how you would look at a player of Hunts calibre should they come onto the market
Yep. Read his comments a while back. Seems today an increase in Broncs/Hunt interest. RLPA getting involved now. So many theories out there everyone seems to have one. Just have to be patient I guess. Wouldn’t like to see him come in and upset the apple cart.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Who are the current chefs? Reynolds, Walsh and ??

It should just be Reynolds, honestly. Walsh and Mam should be deferring to him to control the game. They have the freedom to create and go off-script, but when needed, Reynolds is the one who needs to guide us home.

I'm still conflicted on Hunt. I love the idea of the fairy tale, but I also would prefer it was earned across the year, not just as a ring-in.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
My thoughts exactly. It would force us to go sign a new back up and I think there would be halves lining up to come here with Reyno nearing the end and the squad we have. Jock seems like a great bloke but he has been crap for us in first grade so far and it seems whilst he is doing decently individually in q-cup the Devils are a much better side without him. Not a worrying loss if it was to eventuate and I wouldn’t stand in his way.
SOS Gamble.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I tell you what, the other benefit of getting Hunt is that if Reynolds did go down, we’d have one freaking amazing back up

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  • jd87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • ChewThePhatt
  • porouian
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.