Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The NRL have reportedly sent an email to Us, the Phins and the Titans "asking" for details about negotiations with Hunt.

this reportedly prompted DD to fire back a stinging response via email to the NRL in which he questioned why we had been targeted.

DD said:

“I’m disappointed by the email, there was no context provided in it either,”

“Our game’s integrity unit has been wasting and will continue to waste a lot of time on this nonsense until the system is overhauled.

“We’ve had no discussions about Ben inside our club. He’s contracted to the Dragons, so it’s a waste of time. If that changes in time, then it changes but that will be a matter for the Dragons and Ben to sort out.

“We are only worried about ourselves.”
There's another quote somewhere where DD flags the hypocrisy of dragging us into the Bhunt situation but nothing being done about the multiple approaches to Broncos players under contract..

Then the article flags Oloapo, Mariner and even Jock this week.

That's 3 this year where players are being approached about leaving before their contract ends, but they want a please explain from us because of media speculation.

Maybe haul his manager in and check what conversations he's been having first.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The NRL have reportedly sent an email to Us, the Phins and the Titans "asking" for details about negotiations with Hunt.

this reportedly prompted DD to fire back a stinging response via email to the NRL in which he questioned why we had been targeted.

DD said:

“I’m disappointed by the email, there was no context provided in it either,”

“Our game’s integrity unit has been wasting and will continue to waste a lot of time on this nonsense until the system is overhauled.

“We’ve had no discussions about Ben inside our club. He’s contracted to the Dragons, so it’s a waste of time. If that changes in time, then it changes but that will be a matter for the Dragons and Ben to sort out.

“We are only worried about ourselves.”
Big dick Dave cops zero BS.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
DD's response is outstanding. I hope he's getting the shits with the way we're treated by the administration and really starts pushing back on this. We need to throw our weight around a bit more IMO.

I did see a very interesting comment from either Ben or his manager early in the week, I forget where I saw it but it hasn't been brought up since, which I can't get my head around. It must have been during an interview soon after Benny said he wanted to come back to Qld, and a journo must have asked about the Broncos...I'm paraphrasing but his answer was something along the lines of "The Broncos have a really strong roster, I don't think they would have the cap space".

What sort of answer is that if you don't want to go there? I read that and immediately thought the chance of getting him for the rest of this year jumped considerably. It was a very strangely worded non-denial.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Why are the bulldogs, tigers and rorters not on this list of clubs being investigated? Several journos had said that Ben had met with the dogs as well as Gus..
I‘m not too worried if we do or do not land Ben. Sure it would be great for him to come home and be at 9, but I just don’t see it happening.
We do however have a couple of things in our favour: we are the only QLD side with a chance to win the premiership in the next two years. We also have Macca, and Gillo working at the club who I know Ben is very close with. Add to the fact Kev has coached Ben at both NRL level (under Wayne) and also at Origin level.
If I had the chance to play alongside Reyno, Mam, Walsh and behind Patty, Haas and Riki, I think the decision would be pretty easy.
But I don’t see us being able to offer the $$ that the tits will be chucking around.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Why are the bulldogs, tigers and rorters not on this list of clubs being investigated? Several journos had said that Ben had met with the dogs as well as Gus..
I‘m not too worried if we do or do not land Ben. Sure it would be great for him to come home and be at 9, but I just don’t see it happening.
We do however have a couple of things in our favour: we are the only QLD side with a chance to win the premiership in the next two years. We also have Macca, and Gillo working at the club who I know Ben is very close with. Add to the fact Kev has coached Ben at both NRL level (under Wayne) and also at Origin level.
If I had the chance to play alongside Reyno, Mam, Walsh and behind Patty, Haas and Riki, I think the decision would be pretty easy.
But I don’t see us being able to offer the $$ that the tits will be chucking around.

The NRL will enforce his contract value that he signed for at the dragons. This is about 950 next year and 720 the year after. The only way around it would be to sign a year by year contract and have some "body issues" that provide uncertainty to his fitness.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
It's beginning to look like BHunt will be coming here at least for the remainder of this season.

This latest kak by the NRL just ensures that up until Ben was released we had nothing to do with him leaving as will be 'clarified' by the NRL's investigation. It will then be seen by all that the Broncos merely threw their hat into the ring with an idea of Ben playing out the season with us while he waits to start season 2024 with is new club.

Everything we did will be shown to be above board.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
The NRL will enforce his contract value that he signed for at the dragons. This is about 950 next year and 720 the year after. The only way around it would be to sign a year by year contract and have some "body issues" that provide uncertainty to his fitness.
Those figures are lower then I expected, get it done DD

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I’m just happy DD isn’t just sitting there accepting the hypocrisy. Hope it goes called out next time an only happens once and then never again call is made against us as well like Staggs, Haas, Carrigan and Kelly.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If he was better, he would have displaced him already. He needs to work on plenty to be better than Billy, so by your standards he must be pretty crap since Billy is bog average.
There are many here among us who hallucinated the team lifting when Paix came on for Walters and have been roundly admonished for what was just an opinion. And that Billy has never been demoted to the Cup to "work on something" is merely an observation. Some here are now saying - including me - that he's improved on last year, when we all apparently are permitted to admit he was not great. Again, never demoted to the Cup during this period. That he's the coach's son is probably just a coincidence. It's not his fault.

I shouldn't have brought this up again. This thread is for talking about the Roosters and Uncle Nick.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
There are many here among us who hallucinated the team lifting when Paix came on for Walters and have been roundly admonished for what was just an opinion. And that Billy has never been demoted to the Cup to "work on something" is merely an observation. Some here are now saying - including me - that he's improved on last year, when we all apparently are permitted to admit he was not great. Again, never demoted to the Cup during this period. That he's the coach's son is probably just a coincidence. It's not his fault.

I shouldn't have brought this up again. This thread is for talking about the Roosters and Uncle Nick.

Have you not died on that hill yet?

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
New Gardner Ad Attacks Udall For…Wait For It… - Colorado Pols

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Not imagined, just didn't take into account the differences of playing at different times of a game because you have absolutely zero feel for the game of rugby league. Also you lost absolutely every ounce of credibility when you wouldn't respond to people when the point was raised that we scored more points with Billy on the field on some occasions.

He wasn't sent to Q Cup because he was the best option for the NRL team. You don't really send players to Q Cup to work on anything other than game fitness anyway, which Billy has in spades. Every single point you've attempted to make about Billy Walters being undeserving has been blown out of the water and you just don't reply to people or repeat yourself over and over and over and over and over again. You're embarrassing yourself to be perfectly honest.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I've always been pretty vocal that I don't rate Ben Hunt highly as a half back, and despite the name and price tag, the stats prove me to be correct. What I do rate though is Ben Hunt as a player in general. He always puts in 100%. I'd be stoked if we signed him as a hooker. He does a great job there and is a competitor. I think if he was added to our current spine as hooker, with Billy on the bench we would have good shot at the comp this year / next.

Ben Hunt has made a fortune, I'd like to think there is a chance he is willing for a reduce deal just to be in QLD. The Broncos are a strong option for him as it would be the club most likely to provide work post footy as well.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015

I agree that Paix hasn't set the world on fire, but i think it is worth noting that Paix often comes on when Haas/Flegler/Carrigan are off the field and we have the likes of Jensen / Taupau / Palasia on the field. Paix really hasn't had many oportunities with our good pack on the field.

Billy has definitely improved this year, but he isn't anything special either.

Unread

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.