Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Reynolds. Kitchen only needs one chef
all honesty id only consider hunt here at 9, 6 or 7 would be a downgrade on what we have and if he were at 9 all he needs to do is what he does in SOO

be mad not to atleast enter the conversation when an international rep player comes on the market even for a short cameo

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
all honesty id only consider hunt here at 9, 6 or 7 would be a downgrade on what we have and if he were at 9 all he needs to do is what he does in SOO

be mad not to atleast enter the conversation when an international rep player comes on the market even for a short cameo
Agreed.

He'd be the final piece in the puzzle at 9. But realistically, we wouldn't want to carry him beyond this season with Mozer and Smoothy coming through. And obviously, given Billy will have mandatory dibs on 14 neither will end up getting a fair go.

If he wants to play in the halves beyond this season - which is almost certainly the case - we just plain don't need him, and absolutely not on the money he'd expect. If he were younger we might consider him as successor to Reynolds, but the pair are likely to retire around the same time. Plus, I actually think Reynolds is the better half. We'd be better off extending Reynolds at least another year.

And while we're reshuffling hookers/halves, this would be a good opportunity to relocate Paix and Madden. Both are good enough to hold down a starting position, and bloom, at another club. Just not us.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Agreed.

He'd be the final piece in the puzzle at 9. But realistically, we wouldn't want to carry him beyond this season with Mozer and Smoothy coming through. And obviously, given Billy will have mandatory dibs on 14 neither will end up getting a fair go.

If he wants to play in the halves beyond this season - which is almost certainly the case - we just plain don't need him, and absolutely not on the money he'd expect. If he were younger we might consider him as successor to Reynolds, but the pair are likely to retire around the same time. Plus, I actually think Reynolds is the better half. We'd be better off extending Reynolds at least another year.

And while we're reshuffling hookers/halves, this would be a good opportunity to relocate Paix and Madden. Both are good enough to hold down a starting position, and bloom, at another club. Just not us.
paix hopefully fights hard for his spot,ideally him and mozer are shooting it out for the 9 in the future,madden im a bit 50/50 on if he got a good offer to start next year i wouldnt stand in the way but not really hurting having him around while he is contracted.

hunt for the remainder of the year gives you quality at 9 and a ace in the pocket at 7 just in case.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
paix hopefully fights hard for his spot,ideally him and mozer are shooting it out for the 9 in the future,madden im a bit 50/50 on if he got a good offer to start next year i wouldnt stand in the way but not really hurting having him around while he is contracted.

hunt for the remainder of the year gives you quality at 9 and a ace in the pocket at 7 just in case.
Paix needs to get out for his own mental health. Like Dearden.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
And obviously, given Billy will have mandatory dibs on 14 neither will end up getting a fair go.
Beating A Dead Horse GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
And yet, here we are.

If you were Cory Paix, in your fourth year playing hooker for the Broncos, would you be content to stay in the Cup to "work on something" in the off chance you might displace the coach's son?"

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
bugs me that fox cant spell check there shit who is this ezra 'mann' that madden is behind at the broncos atm,i spell for shit but i at least make an effort to correct my shit if it is wrong.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
And yet, here we are.

If you were Cory Paix, in your fourth year playing hooker for the Broncos, would you be content to stay in the Cup to "work on something" in the off chance you might displace the coach's son?"
If he was better, he would have displaced him already. He needs to work on plenty to be better than Billy, so by your standards he must be pretty crap since Billy is bog average.

Instead of working on things, he seems to be going backwards at a rate of knots so Billy is getting more time - deservedly - which is probably feeding into a negative spiral for Paix.

I'm all for a good conspiracy but the nepotism claims around Billy just seem silly even to me at this point. There's no-one in the squad I would rather in the side over Billy at the moment. I have nothing against Paix, I want him to do well for the team's sake. But he is not.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
And yet, here we are.

Give it a rest, if he was playing better he would have displaced him. **** you’re boring.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I'm all for a good conspiracy but the nepotism claims around Billy just seem silly even to me at this point. There's no one in the squad I would rather in the side over Billy at the moment. I have nothing against Paix, I want him to do well for the team's sake. But he is not.

Their counter argument (and it's a fuckin' shit one) is that he's the best option because Kev hasn't been active in the market to find a better option.

He would be on peanuts and is delivering some great performances. As far as I am concerned, all claims of nepotism lost credibility the second Billy started playing some great footy. The carry on about the issue from the peanut gallery is purely because they can't accept they got it wrong.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Mate this noise is getting too loud to ignore.

I reckon with all the tiny machinations behind the scenes that the media rarely hear of, I think we might be giving Hunt a legit crack if he can get an immediate release. I doubt we've spoken to his management directly because obviously you can't, but the club is sending some sort of strong signals, not least of which Kevvie's comments to the press.

The Sydney press will cry all season about it and it would definitely send a thunderclap through the comp, but that's not unusual for this code. it would be the slickest power move we've made as a club since Gordy bailed on the Dragons.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
And yet, here we are.

The coach`s son doesn`t have automatic dibs on a jersey is what I`m saying .
If Hunt / Mozer / Smoothy /Paix play better than him I am pretty sure young Bill will be in Q Cup too .
You think that Kevvie is a dictator who won`t listen to his assistants . I disagree .

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Hunt doesn’t want to play hooker, so I would love to know what the train of thought is there.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The NRL have reportedly sent an email to Us, the Phins and the Titans "asking" for details about negotiations with Hunt.

this reportedly prompted DD to fire back a stinging response via email to the NRL in which he questioned why we had been targeted.

DD said:

“I’m disappointed by the email, there was no context provided in it either,”

“Our game’s integrity unit has been wasting and will continue to waste a lot of time on this nonsense until the system is overhauled.

“We’ve had no discussions about Ben inside our club. He’s contracted to the Dragons, so it’s a waste of time. If that changes in time, then it changes but that will be a matter for the Dragons and Ben to sort out.

“We are only worried about ourselves.”

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The NRL have reportedly sent an email to Us, the Phins and the Titans "asking" for details about negotiations with Hunt.

this reportedly prompted DD to fire back a stinging response via email to the NRL in which he questioned why we had been targeted.

DD said:

“I’m disappointed by the email, there was no context provided in it either,”

“Our game’s integrity unit has been wasting and will continue to waste a lot of time on this nonsense until the system is overhauled.

“We’ve had no discussions about Ben inside our club. He’s contracted to the Dragons, so it’s a waste of time. If that changes in time, then it changes but that will be a matter for the Dragons and Ben to sort out.

“We are only worried about ourselves.”

Seems like someone at the Dragons is getting in the NRL's ear.

Unread

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Seibs
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.