Dec 28, 2015
Deer Popcorn GIF
Hahaha!
Yep! Me too.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
The hate already on Walsh, imagine if this gets done in the next 48hrs, hahaha.
But in all seriousness the Hunt circus has the potential to make or break our season. I’m still super worried about the mentality of this squad, they’ll think they’ve won it if Hunt does sign.
These blokes haven’t won shit, get back to training hard and stop putting in sub-par performances against teams well below us on the ladder ffs.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The hate already on Walsh, imagine if this gets done in the next 48hrs, hahaha.
But in all seriousness the Hunt circus has the potential to make or break our season. I’m still super worried about the mentality of this squad, they’ll think they’ve won it if Hunt does sign.
These blokes haven’t won shit, get back to training hard and stop putting in sub-par performances against teams well below us on the ladder ffs.
Surely if there's anyone who's an example of how hard it is to win a GF it's Hunt.

I'm on board the signing, bring it on.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Read:

"St George Illawarra have told Ben Hunt they will refuse to release him after meeting the disgruntled star on Monday morning. Hunt met with incoming coach Shane Flanagan on Monday and other officials where club management told their skipper they expect him to fulfil his deal until 2025. Hunt was given Monday off training but he has been told to return on Wednesday. There is no training on Tuesday. The Dragons want Hunt to play against the Sharks on Thursday. Hunt wants a release to join Brisbane for the rest of the year before taking up a deal with the Titans next season."​
Donuts last night:

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Ten bucks says that there is any rumblings of Hunt not being happy and continued agitation for a release, the NRL will crack down hard and defend the Dragon's right to hold him to his contract.

Despite them not giving a shit the 50 other times this has happened.

And it's because:
(A) The Broncos would have benefited, and
(B) Because they know that Hunt is the sort of person who will accept it and continue to put in.

This wouldn't be happening if Hunt was going to any other club, you can be sure of that.

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
Not speaking directly to this situation but it does shit me to tears that the clubs do have all the power. I mean we always say contracts don't mean a thing anymore but we see so regularly if a club wants a player gone they simply drop him, shop him to other clubs or tell him you're welcome to leave.

In this instance the player wants out and he's told no you're expected back at training and to complete your contract.

I'm not saying either situation is right but how do the dragons think this ends well for them? The marquee player says he wants out and they say no you'll stay two more years. Do you really want a bloke who's heart isn't in it running your team the next two years?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Ten bucks says that there is any rumblings of Hunt not being happy and continued agitation for a release, the NRL will crack down hard and defend the Dragon's right to hold him to his contract.

And it's because:
(B) Because they know that Hunt is the sort of person who will accept it and continue to put in.

This wouldn't be happening if Hunt was going to any other club, you can be sure of that.
The poor Broncos: they've been conspired against all the way to the top of the table.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
The poor Broncos: they've been conspired against all the way to the top of the table.

You do know that two things can be true at the same time, yeah? This is some real, 'The sky is blue, therefore nothing else can be' logic.

I'm not on the conspiracy train, but it is possible that the Broncos could be doing well independent of treatment that could be considered inequitable and inconsistent with previous decisions.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You do know that two things can be true at the same time, yeah? This is some real, 'The sky is blue, therefore nothing else can be' logic.

I'm not on the conspiracy train, but it is possible that the Broncos could be doing well independent of treatment that could be considered inequitable and inconsistent with previous decisions.
No. Morkel's conspiracy theory is stale and every one of his predictions has failed, but he keeps persevering with it because he's stuck in a rut. The NRL now favours the Broncos. The refs are in our pocket. The judiciary is in our pocket. We even got Reece Walsh picked in the SOO over the incumbent. When we had clubs trying to poach Palasia, Mariner, Haas and Olapau the NRL stepped in and made them honour their contracts, or in Olapau's case got us a healthy payout. We pay Carrigan, Haas and Walsh unders.

We now sit at the top of the table BECAUSE it's all rigged in our favour. V'Landys is our guy. Even Uncle Nick can't steal our players.

If this sounds batshit crazy and tongue in cheek, the opposite makes even less sense.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Not speaking directly to this situation but it does shit me to tears that the clubs do have all the power. I mean we always say contracts don't mean a thing anymore but we see so regularly if a club wants a player gone they simply drop him, shop him to other clubs or tell him you're welcome to leave.

In this instance the player wants out and he's told no you're expected back at training and to complete your contract.

I'm not saying either situation is right but how do the dragons think this ends well for them? The marquee player says he wants out and they say no you'll stay two more years. Do you really want a bloke who's heart isn't in it running your team the next two years?
Works both ways though. Even if a player is crap, they still can't force a player to leave if he's on a contract (without at least getting something in return) e.g. Boyd, Lodge, etc. Contracts still tend to protect both parties.

While it may not make sense to keep a player who doesn't want to be there. They've probably planned their cap for the next 2 years heavily around Hunt and won't realise him until they get a player of similar calibre in return.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012

And it's because:

This bloke cost the club a grand final. The NRL is doing the Broncos a solid here. He is in the same category as Ashton Sims

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Seibs
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.