Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I'm happy to own it.
I wanted this to happen pre season and could see it coming a mile away weeks ago.

MagicMan87

MagicMan87

BRL Player
Aug 21, 2018
Broncos sold off Quai Ward .
Should have a top 30 spot free ? @1910 ??

Conspiracy alert . Broncos knew Bhunt was considering leaving . Opened up a slot . Kevvie went to the Dragons dinner made a pact with Hunt .If Hook gets the boot he`s coming home . When it was clear it was going to happen Kev broke the news to Paix who chucked a wobbly so Smoothy got a promotion .
And that`s why marijuana should be legalised .

What you say @Morkel ?

We currently have 3 spots open in the top 30 after Quai Ward left so no one needs to be dropped for Hunt.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
We'll join the vultures. You'll just have to own it I'm afraid.

The Broncos are no different to Roosters, Storm & Penrith. I don't want to hear anyone badmouthing them anymore on the matter. There is no conspiracy against us.
Give it a rest with don’t want to hear this or that. This is a public forum and people can say whatever they want as long as it doesn’t fall foul of the forum rules.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
I'm banking on Hunt realizing he has a better chance of winning a premiership playing hooker for us than what he does playing halfback for Tits.

I think the deal will go beyond this season. I think he'll take a pay cut to stay. He got his payday at the Dragons, he's been very smart with his money, he's not a broke boy.
Also broncos would likely give him a job post footy as well. I don’t think the titans would.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
How much of a Pandora's box does it open if club A asks club B to lend a player when club Bs season is done over early.
A hefty fee to acquire the player for finals then give him back at the end of the season.
That’s what the storm did with Nofa last year.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
If I were a Dragon, I would make Hunt sit out this year and then they can really get something out of the situation by negotiating with the club he is about to spend 2-3 years at.

This little cameo for us, Dragons would get screwed if they went ahead with it. We're not about to ship off any of our players to them, all we can offer is a transfer fee. That won't help them out next year when they've got a couple of rookie halves and a lack of leadership.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I would be absolutely amazed if Dragons just released Ben Hunt to us without asking for something large in return. They're basically fucked for the next couple of seasons at least if they don't see a high profile player come back their way.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
If I were a Dragon, I would make Hunt sit out this year and then they can really get something out of the situation by negotiating with the club he is about to spend 2-3 years at.

This little cameo for us, Dragons would get screwed if they went ahead with it. We're not about to ship off any of our players to them, all we can offer is a transfer fee. That won't help them out next year when they've got a couple of rookie halves and a lack of leadership.
i still maintain the 200k they would save on the cap this year would be handy to front load some other contracts to free it up for next year so you have hunts money + 200k that you saved this year,would be a very attractive amount to try lure a marquee player for next year.
for example flanagan has been at manly this year have a stab at schuster and hassle for a release.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I would be absolutely amazed if Dragons just released Ben Hunt to us without asking for something large in return. They're basically fucked for the next couple of seasons at least if they don't see a high profile player come back their way.

Why on earth would we even entertain that for two months of Ben Hunt? The Dragons can loan him to us for 2 months and in the background negotiate with Titans /Dolphins for that exchange.

We have the power here. We don’t need him and we shouldn’t give up anyone for him, if the Drdgons won’t budge then we walk away.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
I get your point but Schuster?
Another Dave Taylor
yeah you could slot in any big name you want really im almost certain that flanagan jr will be there 7 and likely a shootout for 6 but handy to have money.
a slew of props off contract for 2024 not sure about 2023

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
yeah you could slot in any big name you want really im almost certain that flanagan jr will be there 7 and likely a shootout for 6 but handy to have money.
a slew of props off contract for 2024 not sure about 2023
Dragons are dumb enough to have a crack at Brooks.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Why on earth would we even entertain that for two months of Ben Hunt? The Dragons can loan him to us for 2 months and in the background negotiate with Titans /Dolphins for that exchange.

We have the power here. We don’t need him and we shouldn’t give up anyone for him, if the Drdgons won’t budge then we walk away.

Let's be serious for a minute, if we were to loan our best player to a team camped at the top of the ladder, how well would that go down? In fact we know how it would go down, not very well. It happened with Pangai.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Let's be serious for a minute, if we were to loan our best player to a team camped at the top of the ladder, how well would that go down? In fact we know how it would go down, not very well. It happened with Pangai.

We wanted Pangai gone ... we didn't care who took him

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
The problem for the Dragons is that we are not desperate to sign Hunt. We are leading the comp without him. If they play hardball, they keep Hunt for the rest of the year and then deal with the Tits. So it’s really keep their unhappy halfback for the rest of the year, or save some cash on the cap for next year.

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncs1459
  • Dexter
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.