Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Let's be serious for a minute, if we were to loan our best player to a team camped at the top of the ladder, how well would that go down? In fact we know how it would go down, not very well. It happened with Pangai.

Broncos didn’t loan TPJ, they released him and didn’t care where he went while waiting for his Dogs deal to start. Fisher-Harris was going to miss games because of a baby due so Penrith grabbed him.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Won’t be shocked if the NRL block this. I can see him just signing with the titans for this year and beyond.
If it were the rooster, Penrith, Melbourne or south’s no worries, do as you will.
But as it’s the Broncos, expect a new rule to be implemented on the run.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
"We are now no different than the Roosters, Storm or Penrith"

Just own it. Stop being so defensive.
I'd be happy for the Broncos to be like Penrith. Largely home grown team that's super talented, confident and successful. Its probably what the Broncos were hoping for with all these players of similarish age (Haas, Flegler, Staggs etc) coming through.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Let it be known that Slater was the only Melbourne big name who refused to sign the second contracts the club gave him. They all knew it was dodgy but only Slater had the morals to reject participation. Smithy and Cronky were well on board the corruption.

I thought Slater signed both but he had a clause put in there that stated he was not condoning or responsible for the results of the two contracts resulting in a breach of the salary cap. So basically he knew it was dodgy, but made sure that he was coveref if it did get exposed.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The media uproar has seriously put this in jeopardy.
I'd be really surprised if this goes ahead now, the NSW media have effectively killed it with their outrage.
The only way it happens is if we give a player or 2 to Saints.
Cash isn't a concern for saints they will let him sit on the sideline for the rest of the year before they let him go for just a transfer fee.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I thought Slater signed both but he had a clause put in there that stated he was not condoning or responsible for the results of the two contracts resulting in a breach of the salary cap. So basically he knew it was dodgy, but made sure that he was coveref if it did get exposed.
Or he thought it was odd but was assured by the club it was above board so he was smart enough to cover his butt.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The NRL have made their bed, in the immortal words of donuts;

“Our game’s integrity unit has been wasting and will continue to waste a lot of time on this nonsense until the system is overhauled.”

Same week the NRL have given up on transfer windows in the cba negotiations.

You can’t make this stuff up, it’s just pathetic management from the NRL, who will now no doubt start grandstanding & claiming any deal will be heavily scrutinised and they’ll send in the cap auditors and make a big show & dance out of it to try and look tough.

“Weak gutted dogs!”

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I reckon Hunt wants out so bad because he wants a crack at a premiership this year.
I'd take him on a TPJ style cameo for the rest of this year in a heart beat to play 9.

I'm happy to own it.
I wanted this to happen pre season and could see it coming a mile away weeks ago.
Not sure what's funny tbh @Mr Fourex

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
It’s not gonna happen.
And even though I’m against it. Im
Also sad.

Such a conflict of emotions.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
it’s now a circus the broncos don’t need at this point in the season
Yeah agreed. It just comes with so much negativity for 4 months. Sure it would help win a premiership but if that’s the only way we can win it I don’t want it to be under these circumstances with everyone calling into question the validity had he not been there. That’s before even taking into account what we will have to give up to get it, the fact that he may not be a great fit and I just don’t think we have a group of players who se attitude suits being favourites bunch of complacent, arrogant ***** everytime they have been favourites so I don’t want it. Our boys don’t deserve the easy way out and Ben is. Need to work there asses off and make it all the more special. Think Kev would be in a pretty similar frame of mind given his mood and summary of todays game.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Of course this flog has to weigh in.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.