Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
My view hasn't changed, it's a load of shit that a top 4 side can take a star player out of a team languishing at the bottom of the table.

We're not just taking him. He has asked them for a release without any meddling from outside clubs. The Dragqueens knew that Hunt would ask for a release if they sacked Griffin, yet they went ahead and did it anyway. This is completely on the Dragons and caused by their incompetence.

I think he's saying that if the NRL were genuinely trying to handicap us, they would prevent this from happening. Which they may still do. Who knows, maybe we are going to be the first team punished by the NRL for the anti-tampering rules. That would be peak NRL after what has gone on recently.
Even if they did somehow prevent the move from happening and conveniently change the rules, how good would it be to win the premiership anyway and stick up a big middle finger to all of them?!

S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018
I’m uneasy if it involves us dropping someone from top 30 or giving them a player. I think that’s where team harmony can be disrupted - ‘yeah we’re all in except for where the club can benefit then you’re expendable’ sort of vibe

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
I’m uneasy if it involves us dropping someone from top 30 or giving them a player. I think that’s where team harmony can be disrupted - ‘yeah we’re all in except for where the club can benefit then you’re expendable’ sort of vibe

Broncos sold off Quai Ward .
Should have a top 30 spot free ? @1910 ??

Conspiracy alert . Broncos knew Bhunt was considering leaving . Opened up a slot . Kevvie went to the Dragons dinner made a pact with Hunt .If Hook gets the boot he`s coming home . When it was clear it was going to happen Kev broke the news to Paix who chucked a wobbly so Smoothy got a promotion .
And that`s why marijuana should be legalised .

What you say @Morkel ?

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016

Conspiracy alert . Broncos knew Bhunt was considering leaving . Opened up a slot . Kevvie went to the Dragons dinner made a pact with Hunt . When it was clear it was going to happen he broke the news to Paix who chucked a wobbly so Smoothy got a promotion .

What you say @Morkel ?

Youve just given Mchunt and Badel their new article. "Broncos conspiring against NRL rules, club to be investigated for breach of policy at the highest level"

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Conspiracy alert . Broncos knew Bhunt was considering leaving . Opened up a slot . Kevvie went to the Dragons dinner made a pact with Hunt .If Hook gets the boot he`s coming home . When it was clear it was going to happen Kev broke the news to Paix who chucked a wobbly so Smoothy got a promotion .

What you say @Morkel ?
Big brain scheming Kevvie are my favourite conspiracy theories

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

What you say @Morkel ?

You read my mind word for word. Which is frightening because I thought this tin foil hat was secured and re-inforced. HOW DID YOU GET THROUGH?!?!?!

But yes, I was also thinking that the only one impacted will be Paix, and it's very interesting that he was "told to work on things" only a couple of weeks ago.

If anything it will be a positive for Mozer, who Hunt will be an excellent mentor. Hunt would have seen the advantages of a measured introduction to first grade. Him being a half, but blooded as as a bench hooker is arguably why defensively he is generally strong, and when you think about it, would have lead to his Origin career (as he wouldn't have had much chance in the halves). While Mozer is a legit 9, the method still holds true.

And I genuinely can't see Hunt's arrival being anything other than a positive on the squad. While "abandoning" his team is not the ideal circumstance, he'll be paying out of his own wallet to leave (showing sacrifice) and will almost certainly show our kids how lucky they are in our system, that a big payday is not necessarily worth it if they end up at a basket case club.

And Hunt has always been a Bronco. He's coming home to win a premiership which may seem like it was built by others, but he was instrumental in our 2015 run and in part was a big contributor to the positives built at that time that have carried through to the current Broncos.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
You read my mind word for word. Which is frightening because I thought this tin foil hat was secured and re-inforced. HOW DID YOU GET THROUGH?!?!?!

But yes, I was also thinking that the only one impacted will be Paix, and it's very interesting that he was "told to work on things" only a couple of weeks ago.

If anything it will be a positive for Mozer, who Hunt will be an excellent mentor. Hunt would have seen the advantages of a measured introduction to first grade. Him being a half, but blooded as as a bench hooker is arguably why defensively he is generally strong, and when you think about it, would have lead to his Origin career (as he wouldn't have had much chance in the halves). While Mozer is a legit 9, the method still holds true.

And I genuinely can't see Hunt's arrival being anything other than a positive on the squad. While "abandoning" his team is not the ideal circumstance, he'll be paying out of his own wallet to leave (showing sacrifice) and will almost certainly show our kids how lucky they are in our system, that a big payday is not necessarily worth it if they end up at a basket case club.

And Hunt has always been a Bronco. He's coming home to win a premiership which may seem like it was built by others, but he was instrumental in our 2015 run and in part was a big contributor to the positives built at that time that have carried through to the current Broncos.

I think it's very plausible this happened, but who says it was Kev who initiated the conversation? It's also equally likely - perhaps more so given the rules around it - that Ben asked Kev if we would/could have a spot for the remainder of the year post-Origin.

The rumours around him wanting out have been rumbling for months, this isn't new. He wants to come back to QLD and wants to win a premiership - there's only one club he is likely to achieve that at through the rest of his career. He's a Bronco at heart, has worked with Kev plenty before, and there is no doubt 2015 haunts him. As if he wouldn't jump at the chance to come back in a cameo and set that straight?

In addition to everything Morks said, he will also be able to drill into these young guys how tough it is to even get to a GF and to not waste the opportunity. Similar to Boyd saying how winning the prem in his first year, he didn't really appreciate how difficult it is and many things needed to go right throughout a season to get there.

In any case, IMO it's likely that Ben made the approach, not us.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Is this also part of the NSWRL conspiracy to keep us down?

Allowing this to happen ruins the fabric of the competition, and we're part of that. Just hope everyone realises how hypocritical they are if the signing comes off.
Just give me a minute to find a ladder, to help you get down off your high horse.

It's not hypocrisy, everyone here thought it was rubbish when other teams did it, everyone here still thinks it's rubbish. The opinion here is that it's a moronic rule that really must be changed, but while it's still there and other teams are benefitting from it, why shouldn't we? That's called "if you can't beat them join them" or "what's good for the goose....."

It's not hypocrisy. Let me tell you what is hypocrisy.

The media not saying anything when (or praising it) when the Strom did it and when the Panthers did it, but now when the Broncos might do it, the system is broken and the rules need to be changed.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Just give me a minute to find a ladder, to help you get down off your high horse.

It's not hypocrisy, everyone here thought it was rubbish when other teams did it, everyone here still thinks it's rubbish. The opinion here is that it's a moronic rule that really must be changed, but while it's still there and other teams are benefitting from it, why shouldn't we? That's called "if you can't beat them join them" or "what's good for the goose....."

The media not saying anything when (or praising it) when the Strom did it and when the Panthers did it, but now when the Broncos might do it, the system is broken and the rules need to be changed.
Absolutely this.

It's a hot garbage rule but we should sign Hunt ASAP. Melbourne signing a 500k winger for the rest of the year to cover injuries and Penrith getting TPJ for the finals is no different.

Fuckhead Cronk didn't bag those decisions out but suddenly we use the same rule and it's a disgrace. Which it is, but you can only play within the rules. The rules allow it, if we don't use the advantage, other clubs will.

Cronk of all people speaking about fairness when that **** was a key player in the biggest salary cap scandal in NRL history is just laughable.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Let it be known that Slater was the only Melbourne big name who refused to sign the second contracts the club gave him. They all knew it was dodgy but only Slater had the morals to reject participation. Smithy and Cronky were well on board the corruption.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Let it be known that Slater was the only Melbourne big name who refused to sign the second contracts the club gave him. They all knew it was dodgy but only Slater had the morals to reject participation. Smithy and Cronky were well on board the corruption.

That's not true, Cronk was the only one not in the folder at Hanson's house.

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
Can't believe how the press and so called legends (yeah Cozza talking 'bout you) are losing their shit over this. It's been going on for years and, up to now we stayed clear of it but, if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas. I'd like to know how many ex-players could admit, in the midst of their protesting, given a chance during their time that they could parachute a player in that would give them a better-than-average chance of a premiership ring ... would their whining be quite as loud?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Youve just given Mchunt and Badel their new article. "Broncos conspiring against NRL rules, club to be investigated for breach of policy at the highest level"
You should take your insider tips directly to the press in future. You don't deserve the ridicule you get in here. I'm the only one who appreciates you.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I just love that we are hated again, it's a sign we are on the up and are feared .
Hunt is one of our sons and the league has prospered off our development and hard work. We feed the league developed first graders. If he was going anywhere else, this would be loved. But this is his rightful home and the story writes itself.

Now what makes even more sense is he comes and stays to play 14 with a possibility of a prem if not multiple.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

We'll join the vultures. You'll just have to own it I'm afraid.

The Broncos are no different to Roosters, Storm & Penrith. I don't want to hear anyone badmouthing them anymore on the matter. There is no conspiracy against us.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We'll join the vultures. You'll just have to own it I'm afraid.

The Broncos are no different to Roosters, Storm & Penrith. I don't want to hear anyone badmouthing them anymore on the matter. There is no conspiracy against us.

Then you might want to find another sport to follow, because Rugby League clearly isn't the sport for you.

you can't even follow another NRL team because they all do what you despise.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Manly openly shopping for a mid season replacement for Turbo, but that's OK.
Slightly different situation from a needs POV but they will still be taking a player from another squad hoping to improve their chances of making the 8.
RTS, Xavier Savage or Dane Laurie on the wish list.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Then you might want to find another sport to follow, because Rugby League clearly isn't the sport for you.

you can't even follow another NRL team because they all do what you despise.
"We are now no different than the Roosters, Storm or Penrith"

Just own it. Stop being so defensive.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Lostboy
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
  • upthebroncs
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • tajhay
  • leon.bott
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.