Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not banking on anything until Ben Hunt turns up at Red Hill in a Broncos jersey next week. He's still signed to the Dragons and it's media speculation until it's official.

And yes, it's shit that a top 4 team can take a player from a bottom four team but until the NRL grows a pair and bans it for all teams then I got no problem. If it's good enough for the Storm and Penrith then it's good enough for us.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
NSWRL is a euphemism for NRL on this forum.

It's the sole reason we haven't won anything in a generation if you ask a few people.
You didn’t answer my question. Whether or not there is a bias against us from the NSWRL\ NRL how could they impact this one way or the other and with that in mind how should that change anyone’s thoughts on a conspiracy or illicit apologies from anyone?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
How much of a Pandora's box does it open if club A asks club B to lend a player when club Bs season is done over early.
A hefty fee to acquire the player for finals then give him back at the end of the season.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
How much of a Pandora's box does it open if club A asks club B to lend a player when club Bs season is done over early.
A hefty fee to acquire the player for finals then give him back at the end of the season.
You mean like the storm did with tigers for Nofo last year?

Nofo was sent to them on loan and back to tigers the next year... they didn't even have to pay a fee for him.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
knocks 200k off the dragons cap for the remainder of the year and lets them front load someone else,they can deal with the tits after 2023 for anything extra they want.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
355860968 10159166000776716 5759794714346635318 n

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
You didn’t answer my question. Whether or not there is a bias against us from the NSWRL\ NRL how could they impact this one way or the other and with that in mind how should that change anyone’s thoughts on a conspiracy or illicit apologies from anyone?

I think he's saying that if the NRL were genuinely trying to handicap us, they would prevent this from happening. Which they may still do. Who knows, maybe we are going to be the first team punished by the NRL for the anti-tampering rules. That would be peak NRL after what has gone on recently.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
knocks 200k off the dragons cap for the remainder of the year and lets them front load someone else,they can deal with the tits after 2023 for anything extra they want.

That's not going to be enough. I am pretty reliably told the Dragons are going to demand money or players to release him. They're not happy just with a bit of cap space.

If Karl is 500k what's Ben Hunt worth to release?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
That's not going to be enough. I am pretty reliably told the Dragons are going to demand money or players to release him. They're not happy just with a bit of cap space.

200k or less or we walk away. This isn’t a kid on the up who every club wants and we will build our future around. This is a fantastic marquee player that we are getting for like 3 months. Not worth a hefty transfer fee. Dragons can take up with the Titans or Dolphins next year.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013

Was that $500k outside of our cap?

*edit* as in not added to our cap

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
200k or less or we walk away. This isn’t a kid on the up who every club wants and we will build our future around. This is a fantastic marquee player that we are getting for like 3 months. Not worth a hefty transfer fee. Dragons can take up with the Titans or Dolphins next year.
Yep... and then Sydney media will be on about us letting one slip haha

"I don't care what it costs ya, if you can get Benny fucking Hunt you do whatever it takes!!... I think this has been a real blunder by the Broncos administration"

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
We don't need Hunt, its a luxury that would be nice to have.

I believe if the Dragons play hardball and want a lot of cash or players, DD will simply let it go. It's that simple.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
We don't need Hunt, its a luxury that would be nice to have.

I believe if the Dragons play hardball and want a lot of cash or players, DD will simply let it go. It's that simple.

It's not hard ball, they are releasing their captain and best player if I was a Dragons' fan I'd be livid it all you got was 200k saving.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017

Only really 4 months that we might benefit bit of cap space from us should all we should be offering the titans on the other hand get 2 years charge them what ever you want imo

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
It's not hard ball, they are releasing their captain and best player if I was a Dragons' fan I'd be livid it all you got was 200k saving.
Hardball was probably the wrong term I agree, but if they want to make him stay or want us to give up lots of cash/players, then he can stay or someone else will give them what they want to let him go.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Only really 4 months that we might benefit bit of cap space from us should all we should be offering the titans on the other hand get 2 years charge them what ever you want imo

If the Dragons release him to Brisbane they can only get one shot at getting something for him- if he then signs with the Titans they don't get anything from that.

That's why don't think they'll play the game, I think Hunt/Dragons will just deal with the long-term deal.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If the Dragons release him to Brisbane they can only get one shot at getting something for him- if he then signs with the Titans they don't get anything from that.

That's why don't think they'll play the game, I think Hunt/Dragons will just deal with the long-term deal.

Certainly they can, they just need to negotiate both deals at the same time which they would be doing as we speak. Just add a clause in the contract that he can sign subsequent to Broncs so long as they (next club) provide a transfer fee.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Lostboy
  • ostin86
  • Manofoneway
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jedhead
  • Tristan1990
  • Dexter
  • Spoon
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.