Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Cronk (and Meninga) now say the system is broken and needs fixing. All it took was for the Broncos to benefit to get something done.
You know what an easy fix would be... a trade deadline sooner in the season than June 30.

Why not make it exactly halfway through the year from Nov 1, which is about Rd 10. That would mean a club taking on 50% of Bhunt's $1.1m contract... any club sitting there with $550k in their cap is probably not making finals anyway.

But instead the NRL pushes it further and further out so that a club can get one of the top 5 halfbacks for a little bit more than a minimum wage player.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
My only genuine worry is that this team are still so young, they read the headlines that we are now premiership favourites etc and all of a sudden they drop that 5% and all of a sudden we are out of the 8 again.
Mentally, they need to stay 100% focused on the job at hand with or without B.Hunt.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Cronk (and Meninga) now say the system is broken and needs fixing. All it took was for the Broncos to benefit to get something done.

hmmmm, interesting.
I don't recall Cronk complaining when the Storm signed Nofa from the Tigers last year.
and will Meninga be complaining when next year the Titans benefit from our work getting Hunt out of his Dragons contract early. 🤣

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
A lot of posters will have to walk back their previous stand on the matter. That's all.

no we won't

because not a single person has actually changed their position on the matter.
the only thing any of us has said that if other teams can benefit from the NRL's stupid rules ... then why shouldn't we.

besides, given how much it is now being called out ... theres every chance the reactionary NRL change the rule ... you're welcome

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Let’s be real if he was going to the Titans next week nobody would give a ****. It’s that we are on top of the ladder and we only are getting him for 4 months. At the end of the day the same wouldn’t be said if he was going to the Roosters or anyone else. This is a jealousy thing and whilst the rule is flawed, every other motherfucker has used it to their advantage at some stage. INCLUDING THE DRAGONS (the dragons especially). The 4 months thing rubs me the wrong way as well considering all we want him for is a finals push but at the end of the day we were the ones who developed him for 10 years if anyone deserves the opportunity to have him for a premiership push it’s us. At the minute it is well within the rules and other teams have done it with little to no question (some even praised) so for me it’s just a hypocrisy thing.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Let’s be real if he was going to the Titans next week nobody would give a ****. It’s that we are on top of the ladder and we only are getting him for 4 months. At the end of the day the same wouldn’t be said if he was going to the Roosters or anyone else. This is a jealousy thing and whilst the rule is flawed, every other motherfucker has used it to their advantage at some stage. INCLUDING THE DRAGONS (the dragons especially). The 4 months thing rubs me the wrong way as well considering all we want him for is a finals push but at the end of the day we were the ones who developed him for 10 years if anyone deserves the opportunity to have him for a premiership push it’s us. At the minute it is well within the rules and other teams have done it with little to no question (some even praised) so for me it’s just a hypocrisy thing.
Exactly this.

Only over the last week or so:
- They were talking up the rorters getting him and all about it being a massive coup for them and possibly helping them to push into finals and become a contender.
-Dogs getting him as a final piece to their puzzle and making a finals run
-Titans getting him and where he fits in their system
-Being a possible marquee signing for the dolphins.

But bang... broncos put their hand up to see if he wants a spot for the final months of the year and suddenly the whole system is flawed and everything has to change.

Weren't rorters the equal premiership favourites at the start of the year 🤔🤔 No one had any issues with them picking up yet another superstar to add to their stocks

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Exactly this.

Only over the last week or so:
- They were talking up the rorters getting him and all about it being a massive coup for them and possibly helping them to push into finals and become a contender.
-Dogs getting him as a final piece to their puzzle and making a finals run
-Titans getting him and where he fits in their system
-Being a possible marquee signing for the dolphins.

But bang... broncos put their hand up to see if he wants a spot for the final months of the year and suddenly the whole system is flawed and everything has to change.

Weren't rorters the equal premiership favourites at the start of the year 🤔🤔 No one had any issues with them picking up yet another superstar to add to their stocks

I think it's because he's going from the team in the running for a wooden spoon to a team in the running for a premiership, a genuine contender too (not just someone who might finish in the bottom half of the top 8).

It was the same when Penrith acquired Pangai.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I think it's because he's going from the team in the running for a wooden spoon to a team in the running for a premiership, a genuine contender too (not just someone who might finish in the bottom half of the top 8).

It was the same when Penrith acquired Pangai.
As far as the media coverage it's not the same as when TPJ went to Penrith ... the fans everywhere were furious about TPJ going to panthers, but NRL marched on and had the same extended situation the next year, which wasn't impacted and stalled in the same way 2020 was.

Rorters are sitting 2pt outside the 8... add a top tier halfback to their team and they're a genuine contender, because that's what they currently lack with their top tier roster... that was already equal premiership favourite to start the year.

Bhunt going to rorters was being lauded by the media only a couple days ago

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
As far as the media coverage it's not the same as when TPJ went to Penrith ... the fans everywhere were furious about TPJ going to panthers, but NRL marched on and had the same extended situation the next year, which wasn't impacted and stalled in the same way 2020 was.

Rorters are sitting 2pt outside the 8... add a top tier halfback to their team and they're a genuine contender, because that's what they currently lack with their top tier roster... that was already equal premiership favourite to start the year.

Bhunt going to rorters was being lauded by the media only a couple days ago

I think you will find the media just try to put 2 and 2 together.

Ben is a halfback, which club needs a halfback and is a chance to feature in the finals?

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Im late to the party.
Are we actually getting Hunt for the rest of the season?

There would be something beautiful about him coming back to the Broncos and winning a premiership here.

It would completely undo the poor bastards 2015 ending.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm banking on Hunt realizing he has a better chance of winning a premiership playing hooker for us than what he does playing halfback for Tits.

I think the deal will go beyond this season. I think he'll take a pay cut to stay. He got his payday at the Dragons, he's been very smart with his money, he's not a broke boy.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Broncs1459
  • Bucking Beads
  • something
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • Fitzy
  • IceWorks
  • bb_gun
  • Behold
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • Cavalo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.