13 Jack Bird (Dragons)

14 Josh Kerr (Dolphins)
15 Jake Clifford (Knights)
16 Freddy Lussick (Dragons)
17 Aaron Woods (Sharks)

18 Daniel Suluka-Fifita (Rabbitohs)
19 Jake Arthur (Sea Eagles)
20 Oliver Gildart (Roosters)

Apparently all of these were all good, but the Broncos weren’t. The only team that hasn’t benefited from this from the top of my head is the Raiders

It was bad enough when Pangai went glory hunting to penrith, this is not far behind.

It's bullshit big clubs like us can take advantage of these kinds of situations, it wasn't too long ago everyone on here was screaming bloody murder when the Roosters were doing it.

I also have concerns about how the group will take this sort of thing.

Pangai was bad enough but at least he didn't ditch Penrith in the past. Benny did, he's going to have to earn the respect of his team mates I would imagine.

the media and nrl rolled out the red carpet for tpj to play for the panthers. Fans even thanked tpj for his service.
And talked about how nice it would be for TPJ if they won the premiership... and great admin work from panthers to get him... great coaching from Ivan in how he was able to utilise a $600k prop for 20mins off the bench

We are in a great position with all of this.

- The reality is that we would love to have him but we don’t need him
- We are comfortably top of the table without him
- We clearly already have three first grade standard 9s with a young superstar coming through
- He won’t be playing in the halves and if he comes he’ll know that
- That said if we get an injury in the halves, what an amazing back up to have sitting there
- He’s an old boy who will play out of his skin for redemption
- We have the whip hand because with or without him we are still very much contenders
- This proves we are very much a destination club again
- If this happens it might finally be the catalyst for change for this stupid rule
- We have all the power here, we don’t need him and aren’t going to bend over at all to get him and both Hunt and the Dragons will know that
- If this looks like dragging out at all, we simply pull out no harm done

Basically it’s truly great if we get him, no matter at all if we don’t. Great position to be in when you think back just a couple of years ago and how truly abysmal we were.

We'd be bloody stupid not to take him on for the year.

1. Who gives a **** if it 'doesn't seem right'? Every other scumbag club does it and it's within the rules.
2. We have a virtually vacant jersey atm in number 14 since dropping Paix, which is perfectly suited for Hunt.
3. It has zero implications on development of future players if it's only this season.

If you want to get your conspiracy theory on:

This article on May 14 says that Ben Hunt was disappointed that Dragons board members snubbed his 300 game dinner (which Kevin Walters attended, and now there are reports that this 'could have' been in the works since then blah blah blah)

If it has been in the works for a while and it was mentioned to the playing group, could this have been part of the reason for Paix 'blowing up' and being dropped a couple of weeks later?

Whatever, bring Hunt back in and right the wrong of 2015.

I get there is a waft on players bailing mid season especially when they end up a chance at wining a GF but every NSW journo who is ling up to pot the Broncos and Hunt should shut the **** up.
The NRL has to fix this but why is it always the Broncos that cause the outrage and rule change.
Clubs can sack players and coaches mid season as they want, why can't the player sack the club.
Last I checked, contracts were a 2 way street, whats good for goose.
Salty because they lost Origin, salty because the Broncos could strengthen their position and salty because they can't control what might be about to happen.

Go **** yourselves NSW. I thought the SoO fallout was glorious but I'm as hard as a Diamond right now.

My only issue, as I've said from the start, is the possible effect on team harmony. I'd take him every day of the week, love the guy, but who of the players that have helped us reach the top of the pile...with only 1 bye...misses out? If Paix, Madden, whoever wants to **** off due to lack of game time, then that's fine. Who out of our regular 17 drops off for him and how does that play on team morale?

FTR, I don't think he's the kind of guy to come in thinking he's King shit, in fact I think after carrying that team for the last few years he'd be more than happy to just take a back seat and play a bit role.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • BooKhaki
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.