Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
outrage isnt about the dragons they are well within the rights to not deal, it is about how it is played out in the media and all the usual suspects throwing shit.

Exactly.

No, it's about the disappointment of not having Ben Hunt for the rest of this season.

The media was doing their thing well before today.

Really? I must have been mistaken in what I thought of the situation...thanks for clearing it up for me and everyone else by the looks. Cheers

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Warren Smith is a fucken idiot.
Reece should double down and get legal department to contact Warren Smith and also Fox Sports for defamation. Should issue the notices tomorrow morning before going to judiciary and really double down that he was saying it to Fifita and get Fifita to contact them saying yeah he said it to me and apologised after the game.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Of course this flog has to weigh in.

View attachment 22769

He’s talking about from the Dragons perspective.

“But just from a business perspective, you can’t let your No. 1 player, your highest ticket earner, the person that puts bums on seats, just go to another club.

“Hypothetically, say Ben Hunt goes to the Broncos and wins a comp at No. 9, it just looks so bad.”

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Rothfield on NRL360 just accused us and Hunt's manager of breaking the rules

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Rothfield on NRL360 just accused us and Hunt's manager of breaking the rules
I would imagine that if the manager came to broncos and said IF I can get Bhunt released would you be interested.

The rules are clubs aren't allowed to coerce or conspire for a player to seek a release... I'd imagine his agent can suggest that his player might be coming free and whether they're interested.

As long as the broncos didn't start the whole thing by approaching Bhunt's manager and suggesting that he should break his contract to sign with the broncos... then they didn't actually do anything wrong as far as the current rules are concerned

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Yeah that's reading a bit too much into it. He implied it as a hypothetical.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
No he didn’t.

Here is exactly what was said. while he didn't say "the Broncos are cheats", you can't tell me that that quote from Rothfield isn't an accusation.

Read: "My understanding was that Ben was a bit taken back by the Broncos link."

Rothfield: "Because he has to be Ready. no one was supposed to know that there were talks between his manager and the Broncos about fitting him in this year. It's against the rules"

T

The Boss

NYC Player
Feb 15, 2016
I think Hunt will get released if they can get a decent player in return. Gold Coast should give Jayden Campbell for Hunt

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Merge will drag out the bullshit with Hunt until the finals, so that no team can benefit from getting him this season (aka the Broncos), then they'll immediately organize some limp dick trade deal with the Titans in the off season.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
I think Hunt will get released if they can get a decent player in return. Gold Coast should give Jayden Campbell for Hunt
If I was in the Titans’ shoes the most I’d consider giving would be a handful of journeymen… I wouldn’t part with any good youngsters for Hunt

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Merge will drag out the bullshit with Hunt until the finals, so that no team can benefit from getting him this season (aka the Broncos), then they'll immediately organize some limp dick trade deal with the Titans in the off season.

They wont want to at risk of detriment to the clubs future. One side of the board wants to start cap/roster managing ASAP with Flanagan, the other side wants to hold face to uphold public perception.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
They wont want to at risk of detriment to the clubs future. One side of the board wants to start cap/roster managing ASAP with Flanagan, the other side wants to hold face to uphold public perception.

...they do know what the public thinks of their club, right...?

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Maddy
  • Jazza
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Howie
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • teampjta
  • Bronx48
  • Brocko
  • Old Mate
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • Skyblues87
  • Lostboy
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.