NYC Player
Sep 3, 2022
IMG20230624192223

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
That looks like the 2021 ladder positions I think.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I guess the only real difference with say Pangai or Nofoaluma is they were surplus to requirements at their clubs when they moved on short term deals. Ben Hunt isnt. Its still very hypocritical of the media to want it changed now.
Not to mention I believe both were grabbed as cover for players already injured. I think Kikau was gone for the season and Coates(?) from Melbourne. Not saying that was right either, but definitely not the same situation for mine.

The hypocrisy comes in for me because until we threw our hat in the ring, the media in general were all happy to speculate where he might end up and which team could really use him. Bulldogs and Roosters the main ones spoken about, at least from what I heard. That said, I'm not 100% sure if that speculation was regarding an immediate release or where he may end up at the end of the season.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Reynolds is determined to soldier on:

“I’ve still got another year left and hopefully another one or two after that. I am in no rush, but a contract extension is something I would love to get sorted. I love the city, I love the club. The Broncos are in a good place at the moment and I want to continue that rise. It would be nice to play on in 2025, but there’s a bigger picture to be painted and that’s our performance on the weekend against the Dolphins.”​
“It would be great to win a premiership with the Broncos. You look at the history on the walls and look at the people still involved in the club … the coach, Alfie, Darius Boyd is still there as an assistant coach. There’s a number of ex-legends still getting around and it holds an aura amongst the place. To add another piece of history to the Broncos would be one of the best goals of my career.”​
“Ezra either keeps me young or makes me feel older, I don’t know. We have got such great depth in the squad, a lot of young guys have come through that pathway system. Reece Walsh is only 20 years old and there’s a lot of babies in the squad that are still learning the game. If I can add my two cents and give them some experiences, I am happy to go out there and give them some knowledge. I love that teaching part of the game and getting out there with them as well.”​
“The Heat and Lions have owned the Gabba for a for a long time and it will be good to experience something different. Suncorp is our home but this is our second home now. I’ve been to cricket games here and there’s always a great buzz here. The Gabba is a bit more closed off than the SCG. The atmosphere and noise will be awesome and a sellout will be great for the fans and the city.”​

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
hope he keeps going around but we need to be smart and have a 7 we are 100% in on for the future hell even two so they can soak up knowledge
Sounds to me he's looking at life after footy and hoping he can transition onto the coaching staff.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Whats the over/under on hunt wanting out again over the weekend lol?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Scanlan:

“Tristan is a great story. He came here to Queensland himself. I remember he was kicking a football on the field with Jordan Pereira one day and he said he had joined Souths Logan. He started with Souths Logan midway through last year and made a difference to them straight away, so we offered him a train-and-trial deal. Then he was brilliant for us in pre-season and he was rewarded with a development contract. Reece is obviously our first-choice fullback but it’s great to have another option in Tristan, who can play a number of positions.”​

“Tristan is a natural trainer. He has a good work ethic, great attitude towards training and good endurance and speed. He has good instincts as a footy player, but he is also very smart. He thinks ahead and at fullback, he makes that difference, he has that athleticism and speed and he is very smart in the way he plays. Tristan is a great athlete.”​

Reynolds:

“Tristan has been unreal. He has trained the house down, he has earned an upgrade on his contract and he has been preparing us really well and manipulating the other team’s star players. When you have someone like that prepping you every week, it gets you up for your own game. He has been one of the key factors in why we have been playing so well.”​

Walters:

“Tristan is just like Reece, he loves playing the game.”​

Unread

Active Now

• Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Swordfish
  • Robboi_321
  • something
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • upthebroncs
  • Broncs1459
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Lostboy
  • Fitzy
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.