Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Riki apparently our for season with lisfranc injury. The demise has begun.

I actually think our demise happened because they were playing busted ... ruling them our probably works better for us as long as we keep our spine, Patty and Payne on the field **touch wood**

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Cam Smith the latest to come out calling for the rules to be changed so we can't sign Hunt ... although I don't recall him complaining when the Storm took a player off last year's wooden spooners for their run to the finals 🤔

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Riki apparently our for season with lisfranc injury. The demise has begun.
So, it goes. I thought our right side went sleeping on Sunday. It’s seeming to become a painful ride in the weeks ahead.
Ponder Dragons Den GIF by CBC

Riki off lately has been holding that right edge like Gillett level & protecting Adam very well. With him out, do we expect Kurt to fill in that role from R21(which is when he becomes available to play)? ☹️

What happens from now now to R21 though?

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Cam Smith the latest to come out calling for the rules to be changed so we can't sign Hunt ... although I don't recall him complaining when the Storm took a player off last year's wooden spooners for their run to the finals 🤔

That was a loan- Nofoaluma had to go back to the Tigers and serve his deal. Hunt doesn’t want that he wants a release.

Tigers got a better player back and didn’t have to pay him. They won out of that.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Riki off lately has been holding that right edge like Gillett level & protecting Adam very well. With him out, do we expect Kurt to fill in that role from R21(which is when he becomes available to play)? ☹️

What happens from now now to R21 though?

We play the Dolphins, have the bye and then play the Bulldogs. We'll be fine.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Merge will drag out the bullshit with Hunt until the finals, so that no team can benefit from getting him this season (aka the Broncos), then they'll immediately organize some limp dick trade deal with the Titans in the off season.
As is their right - he's still contracted to them.

I don't even think we need him.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Brisbane Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy has the following update for Broncos members and supporters in relation to recent reports on the club's interest in Ben Hunt.

“I had one conversation with (Dragons CEO) Ryan Webb over the weekend where, after seeing public comments in the media, I enquired as to Ben's availability.

"Ben is contracted to the Dragons and we respect that and we move on.

"We are really happy with the squad we have here at the Broncos.

"They've been doing a great job and our focus as a club is solely on this week's battle against Redcliffe at the Gabba.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

I guess the only real difference with say Pangai or Nofoaluma is they were surplus to requirements at their clubs when they moved on short term deals. Ben Hunt isnt. Its still very hypocritical of the media to want it changed now.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
It's all very hypocritical for them to change it now but ultimately it's something we agree should be changed, so I don't really have an issue with it.

besides, it's not like we thought we weren't a chance before Hunt. We don't need him, although it would be nice from a fairytale perspective.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It's all very hypocritical for them to change it now but ultimately it's something we agree should be changed, so I don't really have an issue with it.

besides, it's not like we thought we weren't a chance before Hunt. We don't need him, although it would be nice from a fairytale perspective.
Has anything changed though??

There's nothing stopping Hunt going to a different club if shit changes in a week or two

NRL hasn't put anything in place to change the rules... Abdo has come out and said that it needs to change.

Where was Abdo over the last two years when shit was going down... why is it suddenly an issue now.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Has anything changed though??

There's nothing stopping Hunt going to a different club if shit changes in a week or two

NRL hasn't put anything in place to change the rules... Abdo has come out and said that it needs to change.

Where was Abdo over the last two years when shit was going down... why is it suddenly an issue now.
Well you could be right, maybe if the Titans go for him next week this thing will all blow over, but I'm operating on the basis that they'll do something to ensure the teams leading can't just grab a player from the shithouse ones for a few games to augment their premiership hopes. Maybe that's naivety? But it's certainly not wrong to put in such a rule.

As for where the NRL was a year ago, two years? God knows. But they've obviously recognized it's a growing issue and needs to be addressed. Should it have been addressed before it came to this? Probably. But if it wasn't addressed then, the next best time is now, so let's get on with it.

The Fisherman

The Fisherman

QCup Player
Aug 16, 2020
I wonder if Ben Hunts decision to ask for an immediate release possibly has something to do with Shane Flannagan angling for his son Kyle to get a start as halfback at the Dragons, his contract with the dogs runs out this year, and he does not have a contract for 2024 that I am aware of, possibly Ben Hunt saw this as a possibility and doesn't see himself playing out the last two years of his contract as a dummy half, and he wants out. Dragons might give him a release at the end of this season and he will sign somewhere else.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Swordfish
  • Robboi_321
  • something
  • Skyblues87
  • upthebroncs
  • Broncs1459
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.