Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Nice. I love Walsh, but he needs to watch his back here. Tristan is VERY similar to him in skill set but he has a bit more maturity, he doesn't throw the hail mary, kick on the first and is very humble.

It's amazing to have this competition between them for the next two year. He can be our 1,6,7 eventually, has all the skill.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Early 20's is much more realistic for a half than 18, straight out of Meninga to NRL.
Yeah but Mam was in ISC at 18, NRL at 19 and I’m sure you’d call him established this year. Not saying it’s probable, just that it’s possible.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I am also assuming that Reynolds goes at least one more year in 2025 which would put Black at 18/19 and coming in with Mam at 21/22, Walsh 22/23 and Mozer 20/21. All three hopefully are established by then and allows us to nurture Black. I’m sure a stop gap can be found if needed. There’s always a Schneider/Lam/Trindall/Rogers around if needed.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I am also assuming that Reynolds goes at least one more year in 2025 which would put Black at 18/19 and coming in with Mam at 21/22, Walsh 22/23 and Mozer 20/21. All three hopefully are established by then and allows us to nurture Black. I’m sure a stop gap can be found if needed. There’s always a Schneider/Lam/Trindall/Rogers around if needed.
Have Reynolds playing for as long as possible imo, even if it ends up as a Weekend at Bernie's sceniaro.

The other 3 spine players are likely to be the ones you mentioned who are all very young and will still be very young when the time comes to bring in a new 7.

I think if the NRL sticks with this tackling the kicker crackdown they have been doing lately, it probably adds a season or two to Reynolds career, because it's those tackles that he is at most risk of injury.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Rogers will be nearly 30 by then.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yeah but Mam was in ISC at 18, NRL at 19 and I’m sure you’d call him established this year. Not saying it’s probable, just that it’s possible.

You’re right with Mam. 16 year 12 just seems very young and a long way from NRL.

I’ve watched him play against the NRL boys but that doesn’t tell you too much.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
When are we going to give a Mam an extension, I'm getting worried how he is open to talk to clubs in November.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Scanlan:

“Tristan is a great story. He came here to Queensland himself. I remember he was kicking a football on the field with Jordan Pereira one day and he said he had joined Souths Logan. He started with Souths Logan midway through last year and made a difference to them straight away, so we offered him a train-and-trial deal. Then he was brilliant for us in pre-season and he was rewarded with a development contract. Reece is obviously our first-choice fullback but it’s great to have another option in Tristan, who can play a number of positions.”​

“Tristan is a natural trainer. He has a good work ethic, great attitude towards training and good endurance and speed. He has good instincts as a footy player, but he is also very smart. He thinks ahead and at fullback, he makes that difference, he has that athleticism and speed and he is very smart in the way he plays. Tristan is a great athlete.”​

Reynolds:

“Tristan has been unreal. He has trained the house down, he has earned an upgrade on his contract and he has been preparing us really well and manipulating the other team’s star players. When you have someone like that prepping you every week, it gets you up for your own game. He has been one of the key factors in why we have been playing so well.”​

Walters:

“Tristan is just like Reece, he loves playing the game.”​
Glowing endorsement from Walters

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • maddo
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Cavalo
  • Big Del
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.