Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

We've reportedly signed lock/backrower Jaiyden Hunt on a 2 year deal.

Source: David Riccio

Anyone seen a lot of him? Gotta admit, haven't watched many dragons games the last 3 years but if he is having trouble cracking the dragons 17 then ummm...

Can't I've been impressed by him at all. But he is a qlder and a big body, might turn into something

lol at dragons fans thinking he is a replacement for riki for us

Oates says he will stay for a pay cut:

“Those are the things you have to do (cop a pay cut) when you are an older player and you have been here for long enough. I’ve always known that, but that’s the way it happens when you want to keep a great team together. You know what needs to happen and we will see what comes in the next few weeks. Hopefully things can get sorted, but I am just happy to be playing footy again. It’s been a shit year for me.”​
“The way it works these days, if you have to move on, you have to move on. But I have made it pretty obvious in my career that the Broncos is always my place. I will wait and see what happens the next few weeks, but I’m just enjoying playing back-to-back footy. I have been injured a lot this year.”​

Red flag is the ex Storm player. Buyer beware.

Bullshit. Red flag is his name Jaiyden? It's like someone combined a Jayden and a Jaiden and created an uber flog name.

Maybe I'm just triggered at the moment, I'm doing a job for a big company and they seem to have a mis-spelled name policy. I'm dealing with a Courtaney and a Keren. Yes, you read that correct. Keren. She hasn't asked to speak to the Meneger yet but if she does I pray for his soul.

Bullshit. Red flag is his name Jaiyden? It's like someone combined a Jayden and a Jaiden and created an uber flog name.

Maybe I'm just triggered at the moment, I'm doing a job for a big company and they seem to have a mis-spelled name policy. I'm dealing with a Courtaney and a Keren. Yes, you read that correct. Keren. She hasn't asked to speak to the Meneger yet but if she does I pray for his soul.
Haha could be worse Morks, you don't have an absidy.
Spelled Abcd.

Haha could be worse Morks, you don't have an absidy.
Spelled Abcd.

Anyone actually encountered one in the wild though? I've heard of it on the Internets, but any verified occurrences?

I hope he doesn't become a top 17 player for us because his name will be butchered every week by the faithful on here.

People are still coming to terms with Jesse Arthars' name. I've seen Arthur's/Arthar's that many times, it's officially done me in.

I hope he doesn't become a top 17 player for us because his name will be butchered every week by the faithful on here.

People are still coming to terms with Jesse Arthars' name. I've seen Arthur's/Arthar's that many times, it's officially done me in.
Just give him a nickname Jaiyden "Not Ben" Hunt

Oates says he will stay for a pay cut:

“Those are the things you have to do (cop a pay cut) when you are an older player and you have been here for long enough. I’ve always known that, but that’s the way it happens when you want to keep a great team together. You know what needs to happen and we will see what comes in the next few weeks. Hopefully things can get sorted, but I am just happy to be playing footy again. It’s been a shit year for me.”​
“The way it works these days, if you have to move on, you have to move on. But I have made it pretty obvious in my career that the Broncos is always my place. I will wait and see what happens the next few weeks, but I’m just enjoying playing back-to-back footy. I have been injured a lot this year.”​
Bloody good on Corey Oates, the great bloke he is combined with the skills he has. I want nothing more for him to stay with our club and keep him on after he retires in a small role.

It makes sense to make another depth forward signing given we are losing Flegs and Palasia. Willison also seems to be a walking injury despite looking also like an out and out weapon when he is fit. We are also losing Bayliss I think and even if he stays, I am pretty sure he is out most of next year with an ACL though I could be wrong about that.

So for next year, according to reports we have:

1. Walsh (2025)
2. Mariner (2027)
3. Staggs (2025)
4. Cobbo (2025)
5. Arthars (2026)
6. Mam (2024)
7. Reynolds (2024)
8. Jensen (2025)
9. Walters (2024)
10. Haas (2026)
11. Capewell (2024)
12. Riki (2024)
13. Carrigan (2027)

14. Mozer (2025)
15. Willison (2025)
16. Hetherington (2025)
17. Piakura (2024)

18. Baker (2025)
19. Hoeter (2024)
20. Madden (2024)
21. Paix (2025)
22. Sailor (2025)
23. Taupau (2024)

And the reported signings that are not yet confirmed:
24. Oates (??)
25. J.Hunt (??)
26. Rogers (??)
27. Te Kura (??)
28. (Smoothy - I have heard nothing at all here)

Development:
Black (??)

It makes sense to make another depth forward signing given we are losing Flegs and Palasia. Willison also seems to be a walking injury despite looking also like an out and out weapon when he is fit. We are also losing Bayliss I think and even if he stays, I am pretty sure he is out most of next year with an ACL though I could be wrong about that.
That’s shit news on Bayliss if confirmed 😕
@1910 do you know if this is correct? Injury and or him leaving?

So for next year, according to reports we have:

1. Walsh (2025)
2. Mariner (2027)
3. Staggs (2025)
4. Cobbo (2025)
5. Arthars (2026)
6. Mam (2024)
7. Reynolds (2024)
8. Jensen (2025)
9. Walters (2024)
10. Haas (2026)
11. Capewell (2024)
12. Riki (2024)
13. Carrigan (2027)

14. Mozer (2025)
15. Willison (2025)
16. Hetherington (2025)
17. Piakura (2024)

18. Baker (2025)
19. Hoeter (2024)
20. Madden (2024)
21. Paix (2025)
22. Sailor (2025)
23. Taupau (2024)

And the reported signings that are not yet confirmed:
24. Oates (??)
25. J.Hunt (??)
26. Rogers (??)
27. Te Kura (??)
28. (Smoothy - I have heard nothing at all here)

Development:
Black (??)

Rogers has accepted a development deal.
I'm pretty sure The Kura is also signed for another couple.

Oates in the media today talking about how Brisbane is home and about the possibility of taking a pay cut to stay ... The earlier reports suggested he was upset with our initial offer (despite the reports saying that our offer was for more money than the options he currently has in his contract)

Active Now

• eazy-duzzit
  • ChewThePhatt
  • scobie
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BrisVegas
  • BroncosAlways
  • OnToSomething
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.