Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Corey Oates Said:

“Those are the things you have to do (cop a pay cut) when you are an older player and you have been here for long enough,”

“I’ve always known that, but that’s the way it happens when you want to keep a great team together.

“You know what needs to happen and we will see what comes in the next few weeks. Hopefully, things can get sorted, but I am just happy to be playing footy again.

“It’s been a shit year for me.”

“The way it works these days, if you have to move on, you have to move on,” he said.

“But I have made it pretty obvious in my career that the Broncos is always my place.

“I will wait and see what happens the next few weeks, but I’m just enjoying playing back-to-back footy.

“I have been injured a lot this year.”

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Anyone seen a lot of him? Gotta admit, haven't watched many dragons games the last 3 years but if he is having trouble cracking the dragons 17 then ummm...

He's a Tigers kid, played limited Cup here and went to the Dragons and played NSW Cup.

Only played three Cup games in two years for the Tigers. I would bet he's coming back to Brisbane but not "Brisbane."

He will have signed with a Cup team and been given a pre-season.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Did his knee in the first five minutes against the Tigers.

Willison is syndesmosis same as Mariner.
That is shit! Didn't even hear about mariner!

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Screenshot 20230907 091203

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I hope that's the case, and that he gets back to his best.

Can Oates drop back to a feeder? Is his feeder even still alive in the Q Cup? I think Kev made the right decision this week - but I'd still love to see Corey win his spot back with some undeniable form.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008

Can Oates drop back to a feeder? Is his feeder even still alive in the Q Cup? I think Kev made the right decision this week - but I'd still love to see Corey win his spot back with some undeniable form.

For this season? Even if they are, players can only be in finals teams if they've played a certain number of games at QCUP level during the season. I don't think Oates played any QCUP games.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
For this season? Even if they are, players can only be in finals teams if they've played a certain number of games at QCUP level during the season. I don't think Oates played any QCUP games.

Makes sense.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Interesting. I wonder what the meeting in Brisbane was.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Piakura off contract come November 1st and saying “I want to play for this club, but I’m looking for a starting jersey."

Kevvie and the recruitment staff are going to have some tough decisions to make with both Capewell and Riki coming off contract at the same time too.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Piakura off contract come November 1st and saying “I want to play for this club, but I’m looking for a starting jersey."

Kevvie and the recruitment staff are going to have some tough decisions to make with both Capewell and Riki coming off contract at the same time too.

I think we could afford to keep all three and still give Piakura that starting spot. Carrigan to front row, Capewell to lock, Piakura to backrow.

Or Capewell can play off the bench.

K

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021

Piakura is starting to really develop into a damaging back rower and we have 2 options. Either move Carrigan to the front row with Haas and Capewell to lock. Or move Capewell to the bench, both of which are good options. I would like to see Piakura starting next year and watch him really flourish.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Souths are out anyway.

If your NRL team is alive you can play Cup finals but must have played at least one round game.

If your NRL team is out you need to have played six Cup games.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
If any of our boys are talking contracts with rivals on the eve of this final, I’d be pretty disappointed. Especially since the group has been so vocal saying they want to play finals footy etc.
I’ve said it multiple times already, Gus will be after at least one of Riki, Capewell, Piakura, or Willison.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I think we could afford to keep all three and still give Piakura that starting spot. Carrigan to front row, Capewell to lock, Piakura to backrow.

Another option could be move Riki into the 13 and play him through the middle.

But the times this year where Capewell has moved to lock and Piakura has come on we have looked good and capes got through plenty of work.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I think the time has come to move Capewell on......

I'd much rather see Kobe get a crack as the starting lock.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Piakura is a gun. Would keep him over either Capes or Riki tbh

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Kev_Guz
  • winslow_wong
  • Mister Wright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.