Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'm hoping some work is being done in the background with so many players coming off contract end of next year... but also being available to sign elsewhere as of November 1

There's a number of players that are in our starting 17 each week and then a few next cabs off the rank when injury strikes.

Corey Oates - Starter
Herbie Farnworth - Starter
Tom Flegler - Starter
Kobe Hetherington - Starting 17
Cory Paix - Starting 17
Corey Jensen - Starting 17
Keenan Palasia - Fringe NRL
Jesse Arthars - Fringe NRL
Jordan Pereira - Fringe NRL
Ethan Quai-Ward
Tesi Niu
Logan Bayliss

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm hoping some work is being done in the background with so many players coming off contract end of next year... but also being available to sign elsewhere as of November 1

There's a number of players that are in our starting 17 each week and then a few next cabs off the rank when injury strikes.

Corey Oates - Starter
Herbie Farnworth - Starter
Tom Flegler - Starter
Kobe Hetherington - Starting 17
Cory Paix - Starting 17
Corey Jensen - Starting 17
Keenan Palasia - Fringe NRL
Jesse Arthars - Fringe NRL
Jordan Pereira - Fringe NRL
Ethan Quai-Ward
Tesi Niu
Logan Bayliss
Tesi Niu even lower than fringe NRL? I support this

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Easy- Let’s talk 2026, this is what we’d be looking at giving young Karl to come back.

Oh really, Brisbane aren’t giving us that much for pre 2026.

Well we can’t comment on that but if Karl was to become available before 2026 that’s what we’d value him at.
I would love to see a club take it to court for tortious interference as happened in the SL war. That’s what it would probably take for the nrl to actually pull their finger out and put some regulations around player transfers that better resemble a professional sport than a pub chook raffle.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
I would love to see a club take it to court for tortious interference as happened in the SL war. That’s what it would probably take for the nrl to actually pull their finger out and put some regulations around player transfers that better resemble a professional sport than a pub chook raffle.
It seems like this shouldn't be that difficult. Other sports do it just fine. But... the NRL and good management aren't terms I use together.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That tonga spine is puss.
Amone and Koula are solid but very inexperienced. If their forwards fire up they’ll beat any team outside the top 4 pretty comfortably. They’re halfback woes are pretty obvious though, they’ll need a lot of ball playing from the Forwards to overcome that.

Tesi needs to be left out though. They looked a lot better when Katoa and Koula came on

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Headlines like these are so dumb. If anything, one of Farnworth or Staggs are the only 'stars' we CAN lose because we've got Mariner pushing for a regular first grade spot next season.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Based on this years' form I'd much rather lose Staggs than Herbie if it comes to a choice. Ideally we'd keep them both, but not if it breaks the bank.
With walsh at FB, I think herbie's hit ups/yardage will be important. Staggs does not do too much of this.

A back 5 of:
1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Cobbo (left centre-has a left hand carry so will work best on the left and when he played centre in the lower grades it was on the left)
4. Herbie (right centre, I think it has been said he preferred the right)
5. Mariner (I know he plays centre, but introducing him to first grade on the wing may be the best option).

I think that would be a good combination of early yardage and finishing ability.

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
According to WWOS, Danny Levi granted an immediate release to return to Nrl.
Would be a good pick up for us and an improvement on what we have at present except maybe Smoothy.

S

Sanjit Joseph

NYC Player
Oct 21, 2017
According to WWOS, Danny Levi granted an immediate release to return to Nrl.
Would be a good pick up for us and an improvement on what we have at present except maybe Smoothy.
I believe he is going to Raiders

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Kalolo Saitaua claimed the top Men’s award, being named the Hostplus Cup Player of the Year.

Saitaua had a fantastic 2022 season with the Gulls, scoring 8 tries, breaking countless tackles, and running for over 2000m in 19 games, generally starting from the bench.

He has also earnt a train-and-trial deal with the Brisbane Broncos for their upcoming preseason.

Dude had a really strong year, busts crazy amounts of tackles and has matured since his last NRL stint, good pick up imo. Can play 9, 13, 14.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Kalolo Saitaua claimed the top Men’s award, being named the Hostplus Cup Player of the Year.

Saitaua had a fantastic 2022 season with the Gulls, scoring 8 tries, breaking countless tackles, and running for over 2000m in 19 games, generally starting from the bench.

He has also earnt a train-and-trial deal with the Brisbane Broncos for their upcoming preseason.

Dude had a really strong year, busts crazy amounts of tackles and has matured since his last NRL stint, good pick up imo. Can play 9, 13, 14.
I can't recall him ever getting an opportunity. I always found it odd he'd get looked over, especially in the wake of players like Smith and Havili finding success in the 8-man interchange meta. He's essentially the same build and was always difficult to tackle close to the line.

He used to drive me crazy watching 20s. He'd have a three man overlap, he'd dummy go himself, look well contained and then somehow spin out of a three man tackle and score.

I'm happy for him, it's long over-due although it may not materialise into anything.

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  • theshed
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.