Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

Well, I guess we see if coaching has been his problem all along, he has one of the very best now.
Bellamy coached him when he wasn’t as cooked as he is now and he wasn’t a world beater then so can’t see a huge rise coming at the Roosters.

Ben Ikin:

“Jake is a good consistent player who is very well respected by his teammates. You can see how much he stiffens up the middle defensively when he is out there. Over time he has worked hard to get more in his game creatively. He asked for a release earlier this year, but since coming back into the side he has done a good job.”​

Over time he has worked hard to get more in his game creatively.

Whatever he is doing, it's not working. If he has someone mentoring him, he's not a good mentor.

The only real positive is that he's only 25 so he's still got time to learn and improve his game.

Whatever he is doing, it's not working. If he has someone mentoring him, he's not a good mentor.

The only real positive is that he's only 25 so he's still got time to learn and improve his game.

Any reason why it has to be the mentor and not the mentee's fault?

The Dolphins ranks are full now aren't they? Would welcome him back here though

Patty putting pressure on Paynes management by chasing a $100k a year payrise. Quote from his manager from the courier mail.

“We’ll talk to the Broncos about an upgrade for Pat,” said his manager Jeff Jurotte.

“Pat is happy at the Broncos, he is very loyal to the club, but we’d like a slight increase on his current deal.

“He is the only Broncos player in the Australian World Cup team and he was the Wally Lewis Medallist this year in his first State of Origin series.

“I think Pat is one of the most influential players in the Broncos squad and we’re being very sensible in our approach on this.

“We’re not asking for $1 million, we understand the Broncos have a salary-cap to work through but we feel Pat warrants an increase given his rise to the representative ranks this season with Queensland and Australia.”

Interesting they highlight he isnt asking for Payne Haas money. He's worth every cent imo.

that "returning to his home in Brisbane" comment is interesting, considering the only time he would have lived in Brisbane since he started his playing career was when he was coaching us
I believe whenever he has been unemployed he has come back to Brisbane.

Patty putting pressure on Paynes management by chasing a $100k a year payrise. Quote from his manager from the courier mail.

“We’ll talk to the Broncos about an upgrade for Pat,” said his manager Jeff Jurotte.

“Pat is happy at the Broncos, he is very loyal to the club, but we’d like a slight increase on his current deal.

“He is the only Broncos player in the Australian World Cup team and he was the Wally Lewis Medallist this year in his first State of Origin series.

“I think Pat is one of the most influential players in the Broncos squad and we’re being very sensible in our approach on this.

“We’re not asking for $1 million, we understand the Broncos have a salary-cap to work through but we feel Pat warrants an increase given his rise to the representative ranks this season with Queensland and Australia.”

Interesting they highlight he isnt asking for Payne Haas money. He's worth every cent imo.
It’s no different to Haas, if he wants more money then sign an extension, otherwise wait until you are off contract. Or do we get to ask him for some money back for getting himself suspended for 4 weeks at the back end of the season? How about the fact he’s only played 22 games in 2 years?

I’m getting really tired of all these entitled players who want everything on their terms, they signed a deal they were presumably happy with at the time, you don’t get to put your hand out for more money half way through because you are playing well, just as the club can’t decide they want to pay you less for playing shit.

It’s no different to Haas, if he wants more money then sign an extension, otherwise wait until you are off contract. Or do we get to ask him for money back for missing 5 weeks at the back end of the season? How about the fact he’s only played 22 games in 2 years?

Thats just a ridiculous take on it, its totally different to Haas. He has improved no end as a player. Was Queensland's player of the series and now an Australian representative. He's on less money that Flegler, and a hell of a lot less than Haas, who wanted to be paid over a million a year to stay and is still chasing that despite him being a serial troublemaker and not exactly setting the world on fire.

If you dont think a bloke like Carrigan deserves an upgrade then i dont know what to tell you. Its pretty standard to upgrade players as they improve. Its up to the club to offer him a longer contract like they did Payne, who didnt actually deserve it.

Thats just a ridiculous take on it, its totally different to Haas. He has improved no end as a player. Was Queensland's player of the series and now an Australian representative. He's on less money that Flegler, and a hell of a lot less than Haas, who wanted to be paid over a million a year to stay and is still chasing that despite him being a serial troublemaker and not exactly setting the world on fire.

If you dont think a bloke like Carrigan deserves an upgrade then i dont know what to tell you. Its pretty standard to upgrade players as they improve. Its up to the club to offer him a longer contract like they did Payne, who didnt actually deserve it.
How is it different? I’m not making comparisons with how they went about it, only that they are essentially after the same thing, more money on a deal they already agreed to.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • mrslong
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Manlyman
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Huge
  • Brocko
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.