Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2023

I wouldnt say he is a Reynolds type 7, he's more like a Ben Hunt. He wants to play NRL next year apparently so i think he would be off our radar.
He is playing out his contract with st Helen’s next year before moving to the nrl in 2025.

He is playing out his contract with st Helen’s next year before moving to the nrl in 2025.

Only if they make him see out his contract. He wants to move here next year if they can do a deal. He cant come out and say he wants to break his contract until he has something on the table.

Our spine money will, and should, be wrapped in Walsh, mam and mozer if he turns out as good as hoped. We just need a solid toiler and organiser in the 7. Shane perry was good with lockyer in the spine so we might need something a bit better but that's the general idea. I think we get a moneyball-like player little bit of experience to compete for the spot with jock madden (eg jake Clifford, Brad schneider)...

I reckon Toby Sexton would make a decent halfback. He's probably got the best kicking game of all the young/unwanted halves running around in qcup, and that includes Madden.

Agreed, would certainly be keeping a close eye on him. We just need someone who can kick it a long way.

Speaking of hairdos, did anyone else - just for a split second - mistake Billy for Jake when he ran out last week? I got a little tingle.

So Brad Thorn stepping down at the Reds. Bet we could muster up something for him - would be great to have that guy around Patty and Payne every day
Wouldn’t hurt having him around Kelvin either.

Oh just that they announced they were prepared to give Kevin everything he needs to make him a success. Brad would be another string to his bow.
That and the state of Rugby in Australia is diabolical. Hard to know how teams are going given the general quality is pretty damn poor.

Oh just that they announced they were prepared to give Kevin everything he needs to make him a success. Brad would be another string to his bow.

And the question I have is how does Thorn make Kevvie successful and what string does he add to the bow that we don't currently have. (Besides simply being a Broncos great)

I'm genuinely curious because I don't watch Yawnion ... but I do know Thorn is on the verge of the axe for poor performance.

And the question I have is how does Thorn make Kevvie successful and what string does he add to the bow that we don't currently have. (Besides simply being a Broncos great)

I'm genuinely curious because I don't watch Yawnion ... but I do know Thorn is on the verge of the axe for poor performance.

The game has changed so much since he's played as well. In fact the game changes from year to year, as good a player as he was, he doesnt seem to be a student of the game. The reds results don't point to a tactical savant either

We won't be leaning on Thorn for tactics or clever plays. He'll be drumming in to all of the players (especially the forwards) how to stay mentally strong and keep to the game plan. No dropping of heads when things don't go your way. No panicked passes or trying to score off every set, or trying to be a hero when the team just needs to keep to the basics. And absolutely no giving up, ever.

Badel has Rugby Australia chasing Payne. The lure is that he can “see the world”.
Fair dinkum, reading that article makes my blood boil. Parker is quoted virtually encouraging him to go.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • LittleDavey
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.