Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Seriously what is with people correcting grammar on the internet? It’s not 1999 and unless you are Mark Twain or Charles Dickens I don’t really think any of us have the right to be the grammar police…
8yj3ln

Seriously what is with people correcting grammar on the internet? It’s not 1999 and unless you are Mark Twain or Charles Dickens I don’t really think any of us have the right to be the grammar police…

It's called basic education.

It's really not that difficult.

It's called basic education.

It's really not that difficult.
What if they did not receive a basic education? Or are from a non English speaking background? Or just aren’t very clever? They just deserved to be belittled?

What if they did not receive a basic education? Or are from a non English speaking background? Or just aren’t very clever? They just deserved to be belittled?

It's available openly in Australia.

We're not living in a third world country.

Because some people value standards. Sadly, the standards are slipping, and if everybody just accepts that, they will continue to get lower and lower. There are some people who won't be bothered by that, and some that will. I am one that will.
There's no belittling going on, I haven't called anybody stupid or anything like that, it's purely about pointing out an error which helps in two ways; firstly it's one small voice saying that standards need to be kept, and secondly (and more importantly) it points out the error to the writer which helps them not make the same mistake again. If the education system has failed them, let's not all fail them.

Just read in the Tele where Hoops has heard whispers Brian To'o is possibly looking to get out of Penrith and the panthers may be open to a player swap. If the blokes running your club had half a brain they would try to get To'o as a swap deal for Cobbo. Hopefully though we get him to Bunnies to replace Alex who will be out most of next year. Interesting times ahead.

Just read in the Tele where Hoops has heard whispers Brian To'o is possibly looking to get out of Penrith and the panthers may be open to a player swap. If the blokes running your club had half a brain they would try to get To'o as a swap deal for Cobbo. Hopefully though we get him to Bunnies to replace Alex who will be out most of next year. Interesting times ahead.

Panthers shut that down ages ago.

who

ways:

first/second
but also redundant
One of your points is spot on and a complete dunderhead of a mistake by me, thank you for pointing it out. The other two however are questionable at best.

I'm sure the other posters aren't interested in reading a debate on hyper-technical punctuation/grammar, so if you really feel the need to discuss this further, I'm happy to continue in a private chat :)

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.