Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

If To'o truly is leaving Panthers, Broncos need to do whatever they can to get him.
Where are we getting the money from? He's apparently on 620k, living at his home area, and winning premierships for fun.

No way he moves for less than 900k. Who we getting rid of to be able to afford that?

Where are we getting the money from? He's apparently on 620k, living at his home area, and winning premierships for fun.

No way he moves for less than 900k. Who we getting rid of to be able to afford that?
Would gladly give them Cobbo, Mariner, Oates, or even Staggs. Wouldn’t be that sad about given them all 4

Prefer Skelton and the extra 600k to get a second row or contribute towards getting Swalker post-arey
Not that keen on Skelton. Aside from size there is not much more. On Saturday's game he bombed a deadset try by cutting inside when if he had just kept going for the corner he had no one covering him. Was a dumb play and luckily for us we managed to recover.

Incidentally does anyone know who was our hooker (who was missing) when Reyno had to dive at the PTB and swat it back into our backline otherwise Kikau was simply picking it up?

Not that keen on Skelton. Aside from size there is not much more. On Saturday's game he bombed a deadset try by cutting inside when if he had just kept going for the corner he had no one covering him. Was a dumb play and luckily for us we managed to recover.

Incidentally does anyone know who was our hooker (who was missing) when Reyno had to dive at the PTB and swat it back into our backline otherwise Kikau was simply picking it up?
That was on the 2nd tackle off a kick return... no hooker in the league is back there for that... you'll often see Reece or Ezra playing DH on get out sets.

I was at the game and Reece was standing on the open side pointing to dummy half for Staggs (I think) to get in there and pass him the ball, but he just stayed on his blind side.

I'm guessing Staggs just didn't comprehend at all what was going on so it was a complete lack of game awareness from him, and he didn't even really react when Reynolds had to scramble back there and save it.

That was on the 2nd tackle off a kick return... no hooker in the league is back there for that... you'll often see Reece or Ezra playing DH on get out sets.

I was at the game and Reece was standing on the open side pointing to dummy half for Staggs (I think) to get in there and pass him the ball, but he just stayed on his blind side.

I'm guessing Staggs just didn't comprehend at all what was going on so it was a complete lack of game awareness from him, and he didn't even really react when Reynolds had to scramble back there and save it.
Thanks for that.

Surely some big signing news from Broncos on it's way. Rhyse Martin and Jeral Skelton please.

Martin is going to Hull KR and he's been bang average for the last 2 years and isnt going to get any better.
Damn.

Average Rhyse Martin is a big upgrade on our current edge backrowers.

Will have to continue searching

So are we going to go into 2025 with no real changes to the line up that failed to make finals in 2024?

Damn.

Average Rhyse Martin is a big upgrade on our current edge backrowers.

Will have to continue searching

An average, aging, Superleague back rower isnt any better than what we have now. He would be slightly better than Hunt or Gosiewski as a backup because he can kick goals. Thats about all you could say thats positive.

Backrow though has become a problem for us.

An average, aging, Superleague back rower isnt any better than what we have now. He would be slightly better than Hunt or Gosiewski as a backup because he can kick goals. Thats about all you could say thats positive.

Backrow though has become a problem for us.
I think we need an experienced backrower with genuine leadership qualities.. on and off the field.

Any suggestions other than Rhyse Martin then?

Has that been announced? I am not surprised, Bennett always takes someone with him but I haven't seen it anywhere.
Not sure mate if official. But yeah apparently Dolphins weren't fussed to offer him another year so Wayne swooped.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.