Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Has that been announced? I am not surprised, Bennett always takes someone with him but I haven't seen it anywhere.

I did read it in an article about TPJ possibly following Wayne to Souths

Damn.

Average Rhyse Martin is a big upgrade on our current edge backrowers.

Will have to continue searching

Here is a list of the backrowers off contract at the end of the season... you could pick any one of them and it would be a far better option than Rhyse Martin

Screenshot 2024 07 31 185824

I wouldnt mind Frizzell... he can play edge or middle.

Risk would be that we get him just as his body starts breaking down, but that may not be a concern if he's playing 40mins off the bench.

I dont really see him moving from Sydney though. Dont think he'll be short of offers if knights are looking to release him

I mean...he lives in Newcastle.

Irks me that we’ve not really addressed the obvious weaknesses is our roster for next year. It’s pretty clear we need to improve the roster.

Here is a list of the backrowers off contract at the end of the season... you could pick any one of them and it would be a far better option than Rhyse Martin

View attachment 28953
Rude.

I do like some of the names there. Alick has a very solid work rate while also providing attacking power.

He lacks experience, but he plays like he has more experience than he does have. Quite a mature player.

Jeremiah Simbiken is another one that isn’t on that list. Not sure what he’s doing after this year.

I don’t think it helped because we made it to a grand final last year and didn’t make finals this year. Capewell is nothing amazing but is what we needed.
He provides an older head, excellent injury cover in the backs, leadership and premiership experience, plus he's an Origin tested 2nd rower. Many were questioning his defence last season, but maybe the whole package probably offset that. Put it this way: he would've been an upgrade on Hetherington/Hunt/Baker/Gosiewski, if not starting instead of Piakura.

I suspect we overestimated Piakura.

If all the clauses in his contract are true, I hope we at least enquire about Mitch Moses for post Reyno.

Before you even say it, yes I know its unlikely to happen due to cap space and someone else offering much more money, but he is a top quality 7 and we've come to love our other blues 7 so it's worth exploring.

Maybe he would take a haircut if we can get back to a position of challenging for a title because as he gets a bit older that's obviously what he wants to achieve.

If all the clauses in his contract are true, I hope we at least enquire about Mitch Moses for post Reyno.

Before you even say it, yes I know its unlikely to happen due to cap space and someone else offering much more money, but he is a top quality 7 and we've come to love our other blues 7 so it's worth exploring.

Maybe he would take a haircut if we can get back to a position of challenging for a title because as he gets a bit older that's obviously what he wants to achieve.

Maybe that's why we're signing Trent. He'll bring Moses with him to the promised land.

If he's gettable, we'd be definitely enquiring and so would everyone except Penrith.

I think we should properly test out Willison on an edge like I said earlier this year. Can't hurt.

He provides an older head, excellent injury cover in the backs, leadership and premiership experience, plus he's an Origin tested 2nd rower. Many were questioning his defence last season, but maybe the whole package probably offset that. Put it this way: he would've been an upgrade on Hetherington/Hunt/Baker/Gosiewski, if not starting instead of Piakura.

I suspect we overestimated Piakura.

Piakura has regressed .
Last season he was beating the 1st tackle regularly . Now either the opposition has studied his moves or he is not physically able to perform at the same level .

His defence alongside Ezra has not worked . They are both very good when guys run straight at them . When it comes to decision making and chasing laterally they are lacking .
Things to drill in preseason now .

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • Dreaglor
  • porouian
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jason Simmons
  • Tmac
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Tim K
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.