Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Piakura has regressed .
Last season he was beating the 1st tackle regularly . Now either the opposition has studied his moves or he is not physically able to perform at the same level .

His defence alongside Ezra has not worked . They are both very good when guys run straight at them . When it comes to decision making and chasing laterally they are lacking .
Things to drill in preseason now .
He gets injured too much for my liking

Piakura has regressed .
Last season he was beating the 1st tackle regularly . Now either the opposition has studied his moves or he is not physically able to perform at the same level .

His defence alongside Ezra has not worked . They are both very good when guys run straight at them . When it comes to decision making and chasing laterally they are lacking .
I don’t think I see him long term on the edge at all, his front on defence is great but he can’t cover defend for shit…that’s a big problem. He was excellent off the bench for us last year and it’s where he should stay for a while yet.

There's a player called Glen Vaihu playing for Souths Logan. There's is also a Super Rugby player named Glen Vaihu, wondering if they are one and the same?.

Could be a '25 player getting some time in League?. Outside back, has some YouTube highlights.

Also we should sign Dylan Walker, hopefully he's stopped being a dick head. But he's what we miss, a genuine footy player like Reyno. Think we've made our boys a bit too "athlete" and not enough "footy player".

Plus you can throw him in the centre, second row, middle, 14. We've missed an actual utility player that can perform at a high click in multiple positions.

Get him to replace Kobe who has been nothing short of a liability this year.

Unfortunately yes. Been waiting for him to kick on......

He and Piakura could just be another preseason away from shining. Size seems to be their issue, need more BEEF.

Kobe needs a genuine role though, not just being fucked around.

I don’t think it helped because we made it to a grand final last year and didn’t make finals this year. Capewell is nothing amazing but is what we needed.

Capewell is the kind of player the team needs but is exactly the type of player the fans don't appreciate.

He's not the tackle buster, barely makes the highlight reels, all that flashy shit which makes fans cream themselves, he's not it. What he is though is high effort, kick/chase, defensively sound, isn't trying to knock some bloke into next week with a rattling hit. These are areas which we are lacking. Riki has come a long way, Piakura between his injuries hasn't delivered too much more than the odd line run close to the try line.

Unfortunately yes. Been waiting for him to kick on......

He and Piakura could just be another preseason away from shining. Size seems to be their issue, need more BEEF.

Kobe needs a genuine role though, not just being fucked around.

As an undersized forward, Kobe needs to be able to defend and be versatile. He was great at defense, now he doesn't even have that. I am just hoping they need a better preseason and that will fix it all but who knows.

Capewell is the kind of player the team needs but is exactly the type of player the fans don't appreciate.

He's not the tackle buster, barely makes the highlight reels, all that flashy shit which makes fans cream themselves, he's not it. What he is though is high effort, kick/chase, defensively sound, isn't trying to knock some bloke into next week with a rattling hit. These are areas which we are lacking. Riki has come a long way, Piakura between his injuries hasn't delivered too much more than the odd line run close to the try line.
All of that except when he misses crucial tackles in big games.

There's a player called Glen Vaihu playing for Souths Logan. There's is also a Super Rugby player named Glen Vaihu, wondering if they are one and the same?.

Could be a '25 player getting some time in League?. Outside back, has some YouTube highlights.

Also we should sign Dylan Walker, hopefully he's stopped being a dick head. But he's what we miss, a genuine footy player like Reyno. Think we've made our boys a bit too "athlete" and not enough "footy player".

Plus you can throw him in the centre, second row, middle, 14. We've missed an actual utility player that can perform at a high click in multiple positions.

He played his first game last week and got two tries in the left corner.

Piakura has regressed .

Coaching, you reckon?

I have been immensely frustrated with Piakura this year, he needs to be a solid defender because Mam is ordinary as well. I have not given up hope, lets not forget Piakura did his MCL in February and then his ankle in March on the same leg. He's only a young pro and it would take some time to be able to know how to rehab these types of injuries and play football at the same time.

Can't really compare him to capewell at this stage of his career. Capewell hadn't really even started playing first grade.

I'll say it again, these guys took us to a grand final. They are our best chance of doing it again in the short term.

Piakura has regressed .

He hasn't regressed, he's maintained the same level and standard since 2019.

Get him to replace Kobe who has been nothing short of a liability this year.
I wouldn't mind if broncos were looking at someone like Croker at the knights... Always seems to perform when he's in the 17, looks like he has some ball playing skills (allows us to rest Patty) and I think he's shifted to the edge at times.

Off contract end of this year and he seems like a money ball type signing that you could get some value out of... doesn't seem to be a regular for knights so could be tempted to make a move when our current 17 jersey was Gos (when he was fit) and now seems to be Kobe / Taupau.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.