Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Mate , I am not some Rugba league savant like yourself .
I rarely watch Q Cup . And after reading your reports about what`s , what in the lower grades frankly I don`t give it much weight .
I do know what I see with my own eyes . And that`s what I am talkin about here .
Piakura 2023 greater than > Piakura 2024 .

Very different roles for Piaks from 2023-2024. It is much easier to come in off the bench on the back of a forward pack steamrolling everyone than it is to start in a team getting pummelled each week.

What exactly has Brad Thorn done as a Rugba League coach in the past that makes you think he would be a success .

I don`t remember him being with any premier ship winners as an assistant coasch ? I do remember the Reds performing poorly for a cpl of seasons while he was there . And like the man folks want him to replace had long losing streaks .

All this talk of hard arses who will whip these "athletes" into hard headed footballers . I think that lacks insight into the phsyche of millenium kids .
These kids grew up in the era of the participation medal . Too much punishment and not enough rewards and you could have a mutiny or a fractured squad lickety split .
Were we not talking about a specific position?

What`s he gonna teach ?
How he did it in the 90s ? Or how to form a rolling maul ? LOL .
You must be itching for an argument if you can't see what qualities Brad Thorn would have as a mentor.

Well if that`s the way you`re thinkin , get Benny fuckin Roberts Smith if you want a real hard bastard . LOL .

Food for thought..

Reuben Porter was a good pick up by Benji.

For argument's sake let's say that's true. It's hardly an endorsement of our coaching staff if the kid hasn't improved in 5 years.

What the **** are they all doing?
It would help if he wasn't always injured.

What exactly has Brad Thorn done as a Rugba League coach in the past that makes you think he would be a success .

I don`t remember him being with any premier ship winners as an assistant coasch ? I do remember the Reds performing poorly for a cpl of seasons while he was there . And like the man folks want him to replace had long losing streaks .

All this talk of hard arses who will whip these "athletes" into hard headed footballers . I think that lacks insight into the phsyche of millenium kids .
These kids grew up in the era of the participation medal . Too much punishment and not enough rewards and you could have a mutiny or a fractured squad lickety split .
I'd be happy to pay Tyson Frizell to play a year here with a mind to moving into our coaching ranks. He is the modern day 2nd rower who played with speed, power, tenacity and was very rarely out for long periods of time with injury. This suggests he was a great trainer and looked after his body well. Would bring a wealth of experience to the team. In addition, he seems a very humble, low maintenance guy who would set good ethical footy standards for our young guys.

I'd be happy to pay Tyson Frizell to play a year here with a mind to moving into our coaching ranks. He is the modern day 2nd rower who played with speed, power, tenacity and was very rarely out for long periods of time with injury. This suggests he was a great trainer and looked after his body well. Would bring a wealth of experience to the team. In addition, he seems a very humble, low maintenance guy who would set good ethical footy standards for our young guys.

I was thinking about him the other day .
He plays right side though . He`s been elite for a long time . Kind of hard head I would like to see amongst the youthful athletes .
And I expect could have a lot more influence than Brad Thorn old boy , Rah Rah traitor and never been a league coach Vs Frizzel , Contemporary , veteran and tough as .

I was thinking about him the other day .
He plays right side though . He`s been elite for a long time . Kind of hard head I would like to see amongst the youthful athletes .
And I expect could have a lot more influence than Brad Thorn old boy , Rah Rah traitor and never been a league coach Vs Frizzel , Contemporary , veteran and tough as .
Yip,. I don't know the game but I remember one origin night he chased one of our backs who made a break and despite him starting a few yards behind he ran him down and clobbered him. Since then I've had a good deal of respect for his work rate.

It really does annoy me that teams such as Melbourne and Roosters can sign players, then loose like no one. But we lose players every year and struggle to sign anyone because of our salary cap. I call bullshit and the salary cap system is nothing but a complete rort to the bigger clubs.

It really does annoy me that teams such as Melbourne and Roosters can sign players, then loose like no one. But we lose players every year and struggle to sign anyone because of our salary cap. I call bullshit and the salary cap system is nothing but a complete rort to the bigger clubs.
Melbourne have lost their fair amount of players the last few years, they are just better at being able to keep the right players and replace with smart recruiting. Help to have arguably a top 2 club coach in the game as well.

The last 4 years the Storm have lost Cameron Smith, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Paul Momirovski, Vunivalu, Josh Addo-Carr, Dale Finucane, Nicho Hynes, Jesse Bromwich, Kenny Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Brandon Smith and Juston Olam as well as a heap of depth players.

Broncos problem is getting our players hyped beyond their abilities way too early (maybe a fault of only trying to recruit the most hyped youngsters?) and then having to pay overs to keep them such as Mam and Piakura before they have earnt the contract.

Mate , I am not some Rugba league savant like yourself .
I rarely watch Q Cup . And after reading your reports about what`s , what in the lower grades frankly I don`t give it much weight .
I do know what I see with my own eyes . And that`s what I am talkin about here .
Piakura 2023 greater than > Piakura 2024 .

I reckon save your eyes mate, you’ve just reached the same conclusion I did but five years later than me.

Active Now

• Bish
  • bb_gun
  • johnny plath
  • Robboi_321
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Big Del
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.