Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Ffs broncos! Get some signings done! I understood the delay so we could focus on finals but we need some God damn good news after the gf, and get rid of this November free-for-all media anxiety getting drummed up about Ezra (and if he re-signs then it will be riki, then piakura, etc etc)

Ffs broncos! Get some signings done! I understood the delay so we could focus on finals but we need some God damn good news after the gf, and get rid of this November free-for-all media anxiety getting drummed up about Ezra (and if he re-signs then it will be riki, then piakura, etc etc)
Interesting times. Last preseason we looked like a club treading water, with a coach on final notice and public dissent in the ranks. We failed (?) to extend Farnworth and Flegler after protracted ginning around. Palasia, Mariner and Koalapoo were refused early releases to other clubs. Only Mariner remains.

Fast forward a year and the club is a premiership favourite. 2024 is a very different prospect. You'd be mad to leave unless you have serious friction with another player (s) or the money is too good to refuse. I can't see us losing anyone we want to keep.

Interesting times. Last preseason we looked like a club treading water, with a coach on final notice and public dissent in the ranks. We failed (?) to extend Farnworth and Flegler after protracted ginning around. Palasia, Mariner and Koalapoo were refused early releases to other clubs. Only Mariner remains.

Fast forward a year and the club is a premiership favourite. 2024 is a very different prospect. You'd be mad to leave unless you have serious friction with another player (s) or the money is too good to refuse. I can't see us losing anyone we want to keep.

Agreed though that said, we probably thought the same thing in 2015 and before you knew it, half the team was retired, busted or accepting a ridiculous offer from St George.

Agreed though that said, we probably thought the same thing in 2015 and before you knew it, half the team was retired, busted or accepting a ridiculous offer from St George.
That team was filled with older players and the other ones just turned into busts cause all the good ones left/retired or regressed in their old age. It isn’t the same at all.

Oloapu requires neck surgery, and likely out for all of 2024. Looks like broncos lucked out with that one.

395399393 262667380109164 7226131037702946571 n

Former QLD Under 19's captain Cory Paix officially given permission to look for another home. He has reportedly already met with ex-Broncos captain Jake Turpin's Roosters.

Agent Paul Hogan:

“We’ve been given permission to look around. There’s been some interest from Sydney, but it depends on whether Cory is prepared to make the move. His preference is to stay at the Broncos, he loves the club and he only signed a two-year extension earlier this season."​
“Cory has just got engaged, he is having his off-season break and we are catching up this week to have a chat about what his options are. He is signed until the end of 2025 at the Broncos and is settled in Brisbane off the field, it’s just a shame he’s not playing regularly in the NRL.”​
“Cory is OK mentally, but obviously he’s a bit frustrated that he didn’t play a lot of NRL football this year. ‘Kevvie’ would like to see him run more, but it has been tough when he has to feed Adam Reynolds, Ezra Mam and Reece Walsh as Brisbane’s main playmakers. His service is exceptional, his passing game is first class, so hopefully Cory can find his way back to the NRL, either at the Broncos or somewhere else.”​

Paix after extending this season:

“I now feel I belong in the NRL at hooker. There’s a bit of competitive tension there. We’re in a professional sport and Billy is a great bloke. At the end of the day, we both want the same thing and it will come down to who does the job properly. We both know where we stand with Kevvie. I am happy to be in the 17 each week but ultimately I want to be starting and I’m sure Billy feels the same way. There’s no bad blood at all, we actually get on well, but ultimately we want what’s best for the team. There’s a number of reasons to be on my toes here. Blake Mozer is a great young player and there’s a lot of wraps on him, he has a big future. But I’m only 23 so I’m still young myself.”​

I feel for him, but the situation is understandable. Walters, Inspite my criticism, grew into the role.

Best of luck to him, and appreciate his efforts.

Former QLD Under 19's captain Cory Paix officially given permission to look for another home. He has reportedly already met with ex-Broncos captain Jake Turpin's Roosters.

Agent Paul Hogan:

“We’ve been given permission to look around. There’s been some interest from Sydney, but it depends on whether Cory is prepared to make the move. His preference is to stay at the Broncos, he loves the club and he only signed a two-year extension earlier this season."​
“Cory has just got engaged, he is having his off-season break and we are catching up this week to have a chat about what his options are. He is signed until the end of 2025 at the Broncos and is settled in Brisbane off the field, it’s just a shame he’s not playing regularly in the NRL.”​
“Cory is OK mentally, but obviously he’s a bit frustrated that he didn’t play a lot of NRL football this year. ‘Kevvie’ would like to see him run more, but it has been tough when he has to feed Adam Reynolds, Ezra Mam and Reece Walsh as Brisbane’s main playmakers. His service is exceptional, his passing game is first class, so hopefully Cory can find his way back to the NRL, either at the Broncos or somewhere else.”​

Paix after extending this season:

“I now feel I belong in the NRL at hooker. There’s a bit of competitive tension there. We’re in a professional sport and Billy is a great bloke. At the end of the day, we both want the same thing and it will come down to who does the job properly. We both know where we stand with Kevvie. I am happy to be in the 17 each week but ultimately I want to be starting and I’m sure Billy feels the same way. There’s no bad blood at all, we actually get on well, but ultimately we want what’s best for the team. There’s a number of reasons to be on my toes here. Blake Mozer is a great young player and there’s a lot of wraps on him, he has a big future. But I’m only 23 so I’m still young myself.”​
Should have kept his mouth shut

I was just about to say, Cory you're looking at the wrong bloke as your competition, Tyson Smoothy has gone right past you bro. Billy isn't going anywhere and nor should he, he's head and shoulders our best #9 and I expect he'll be even better in 2024. Smoothy and Mozer are your competition, Cory. Not Billy. And not cos he's the coach's son either.

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.