Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Mam is deadly playing a support role in a stacked spine behind probably the best pack in the comp; I'm not sure how well he'd go in a horrible raiders/ dragons spine behind a pack that gets dominated. Surely he's smart enough to know that the extra 200k or w/e some shit club will offer isn't worth leaving your mates and a club you love whilst simultaenously dashing your rep hopes.

I think all will stay but there's a good chance we lose Piakura.
He was all but gone to the dogs a few years back, until we paid him big dollars which imo didn't deserve it at the time but it was when we lost Walsh and I think the club didn't want to go into a PR nightmare (media spat) about how they couldn't hold onto juniors etc..
I expect Mam will stay along with Riki and Capes.

I think all will stay but there's a good chance we lose Piakura.
He was all but gone to the dogs a few years back, until we paid him big dollars which imo didn't deserve it at the time but it was when we lost Walsh and I think the club didn't want to go into a PR nightmare (media spat) about how they couldn't hold onto juniors etc..
I expect Mam will stay along with Riki and Capes.
his mum has already posted on FB saying the dragons rumors are BS

This may sound a bit crazy but it's just my thought, JAC is looking like he will be sacked by the bulldogs. I believe we should offer him a contract, he's an amazing player and definitely puts bums on seats having him signed with the club. He would have to take unders to come to broncos but nothing wrong with giving him an offer.
Yeah
Nah !!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Capewell ends up being the odd man out IF someone is squeezed out. As good as he has been, the leadership he offers is covered now with guys like Patty, Payne, Riki and Jensen. He was really poor defensively in the back end of the GF and it has been a bit of a trend with him this year. I’d be prioritising Riki and Piaks over him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Capewell ends up being the odd man out IF someone is squeezed out. As good as he has been, the leadership he offers is covered now with guys like Patty, Payne, Riki and Jensen. He was really poor defensively in the back end of the GF and it has been a bit of a trend with him this year. I’d be prioritising Riki and Piaks over him.

He can play off bench for 20-30 mins in the middle as a regular spot and sub with Piakura if he needs it

I’ve lost a lot of tolerance of his awfully slow defence

This may sound a bit crazy but it's just my thought, JAC is looking like he will be sacked by the bulldogs. I believe we should offer him a contract, he's an amazing player and definitely puts bums on seats having him signed with the club. He would have to take unders to come to broncos but nothing wrong with giving him an offer.
Hmmm, there may be a reason for that 😉

josh’s will to play footy has declined throughout the year. He’s ultimately playing footy to make money for his brand and his personal endeavours

This would be an absolute all time shocking signing. We already have Oates missing out on selection, and you wanna drop huge coin on JAC? How much thought did you put into it? Hopefully none.

This would be an absolute all time shocking signing. We already have Oates missing out on selection, and you wanna drop huge coin on JAC? How much thought did you put into it? Hopefully none.
Oates has declined quite a bit over a small amount of time and I don't think he's NRL standard. I respect the fact he's taken unders to stay but wouldn't of been too upset to see him leave, because he isn't in our top 30. As for JAC he is an Australian representative player and offering him a small contract such as 300 to 400k, wouldn't be a bad decision to me.

Oates has declined quite a bit over a small amount of time and I don't think he's NRL standard. I respect the fact he's taken unders to stay but wouldn't have been too upset to see him leave, because he isn't in our top 30. As for JAC he is an Australian representative player and offering him a small contract such as 300 to 400k, wouldn't be a bad decision to me.
Would take him for massive unders, although pretty sure he moved from Melbourne to NSW to be closer to family anyway

Oates has declined quite a bit over a small amount of time and I don't think he's NRL standard. I respect the fact he's taken unders to stay but wouldn't of been too upset to see him leave, because he isn't in our top 30. As for JAC he is an Australian representative player and offering him a small contract such as 300 to 400k, wouldn't be a bad decision to me.

I dont see how Oates has declined. He had his jaw smashed by an illegal tackle then picked up another injury and couldnt get a decent run of games because Arthars was playing well. Very premature to say he's declined quite a bit.

I see that Corey Allan has not been re-signed by the Roosters, I'd love to pick him up for minimum wage, he'd be handy depth.

Where exactly has he declined? The only valid answer is speed, and that's understandable seeing he is 100kg coming back from a knee injury.

For the declined Oates, his stats for Rd 27 before being dropped;

80 mins
17 runs for 190m
88 PCM
2 tackle breaks
1 offload
0 errors

The fact you think JAC will turn down 800k offers in his home town, to take less than half of that to come to Brisbane, kinda shows your intelligence level on this issue, or shows it's an over the top troll.

This from the guy who thinks we should sack Reynolds, in favour of a 1 game rookie that doesn't even play halfback

I see that Corey Allan has not been re-signed by the Roosters, I'd love to pick him up for minimum wage, he'd be handy depth.

I wouldn't. All if our depth options are heaps better

This from the guy who thinks we should sack Reynolds, in favour of a 1 game rookie that doesn't even play halfback
No way did I say we should sack Reynolds, he has my 100% support for as long as his body can handle it. I wanted to sign the rookie as a replacement, because I seen so much potential in him.

Active Now

• DrGee
  • Battler
  • Volvo Driver
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.