Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
That sounds like it would just further interupt the cohesion of the team by swapping players in and out when it's not necessary. Also it would be bad for the team to be playing differently against perceived "weaker" teams - should be aiming to smash everyone we play.

The dude is injury cover. If he plays better and keeps improving, he can try and get promoted next year.
It's just been one of those things where neither Billy or Tyson have had any sort of injury over the last 18 months to give Mozer a chance to cement his place.

I think 1910 mentioned that he played 80mins for the first time in Souths recently... If he keeps that up and is performing at that level with 80mins consistently then I think that's when Kevvie will start having the conversation as to whether he's exceeding the guys in front of him and potentially forcing his way into the first grade squad.

I feel like Smoothy was probably a regular 80mins hooker in the lower grades before cracking top grade?

I think it's a contingency side of things for Kevvie... a couple weeks back Billy got a hand / wrist injury and was off the field within 10-15mins of the game... If his backup isn't used to playing 80 or isn't capable of doing it, then suddenly he's got an issue to deal with that his bench can't address.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I would certainly be giving him more of a chance to develop in first grade than we are now. I can't see why we can't play him off the bench against weaker sides then bring Smoothy back for the tough ones.

The problem is we've fallen back into the mindset of playing down to our opponent's level, so we play like shit against shit teams again.

We aren't like Melbourne or Penrith that can just plug-and-play a player anywhere and the team is still top 4 quality

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I agree there's decisions to be made moving forwards, but I don't agree that Mozer should be in the team now.

I don't envy the upcoming decisions in this space but boy I hope the brains trust get it right.
This game against Souths, hopefully will be a turning point. If not, and we string together another couple of losses, dropping us well out of the eight, I can foresee the knives coming out for Kevvie. I don't see him at risk of being sacked, but last time we failed to make the 8, he had to punt his brother. Heads will roll.

While no regular game in itself is mission critical when you're in the 8, you don't want to string together losses, particularly against lowly ranked teams like the Titans and Souths.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
It's just been one of those things where neither Billy or Tyson have had any sort of injury over the last 18 months to give Mozer a chance to cement his place.

I think 1910 mentioned that he played 80mins for the first time in Souths recently... If he keeps that up and is performing at that level with 80mins consistently then I think that's when Kevvie will start having the conversation as to whether he's exceeding the guys in front of him and potentially forcing his way into the first grade squad.

I feel like Smoothy was probably a regular 80mins hooker in the lower grades before cracking top grade?

I think it's a contingency side of things for Kevvie... a couple weeks back Billy got a hand / wrist injury and was off the field within 10-15mins of the game... If his backup isn't used to playing 80 or isn't capable of doing it, then suddenly he's got an issue to deal with that his bench can't address.

Smoothy was always big minutes, he played 80 in his first Cup game as a 19-year-old.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
There is nothing wrong with making a player work hard to get a consistent go in first grade, it helps the player to not take it for granted. Yeah you might lose a player here or there but they will probably end up struggling anyway and most likely end up going to a struggling side if they do go.

Look at Galvin right now as a look what happens if you let players dictate terms. He has all the talent on the world but already thinks he’s bigger than the club.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
How can Mozer prove anything when he's not even given any playing time. Walters is a rejected half from multiple teams, and the only reason he's getting time is because his dads the coach. He's the best we got and it's only the players around him making him looking any good.

"He'S tHe CoAcH's SoN!!!!!".

Anything else you got? Or do you intend on boring us all to death with this crap?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos have signed 15 year old Leroy Malone from Cherbourg.

He's being compared to Cobbo.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
Probably from the same type of yobbo's on facebook calling for coby black to be called in and replace madden.

I have never got the infatuation with bringing in the "next big thing" or youth too soon. We did that in 2019 and 2020 and invested big in youth, and that turned to shit and they still left afterwards.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Broncos have signed 15 year old Leroy Malone from Cherbourg.

He's being compared to Cobbo.

He was signed at the end of last year to academy, he signed with Tas this week, Tas told Badel and Badel told you. About his advertising of Tas.

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
So apparently the Roosters aren't negotiating with tedesco about an extension. Anyone starting to get a little concerned at the size of the warchest they are massing... also considering the quantity if players we have coming off contract in the next two years? I can see them raping the shit out of our squad at some point

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So apparently the Roosters aren't negotiating with tedesco about an extension. Anyone starting to get a little concerned at the size of the warchest they are massing... also considering the quantity if players we have coming off contract in the next two years? I can see them raping the shit out of our squad at some point
We really can’t concern ourselves with what they do. Just back our club in and it will be what it will be.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
They want Cobbo. Could see them having a go at mozer too given they are pushing Cheese out.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

It doesn't really matter who they have, they always still somehow have money to throw at superstars still anyway. This makes no difference.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
No matter how much money the Roosters have to spend, there’s simply no way they’ll be able to replace the quality they’re losing..

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.