Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, what would be the point. We've got Mariner and Arthurs as our first choice wingers and I can't see Sivo dislodging them. Would he want to sign as a backup and not even the first choice backup?

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022
Anyone know what's up with the Sivo to Broncos rumours in CM
Nope, don't need him. Doesn't fit the club at all. His defense is non existent and not better than the defense we currently have on the wing.

If he gets binned & sit out games at Parra due to bans, no way he would stay on the field if he’s in Broncos colors.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Nope, don't need him. Doesn't fit the club at all. His defense is non existent and not better than the defense we currently have on the wing.

If he gets binned & sit out games at Parra due to bans, no way he would stay on the field if he’s in Broncos colors.

Parra fans generally only think Sivo was good in defence when he had Opacic or Takarangi next to him. I reckon he needs somebody who is positionally strong and a good talker working with him. Those type of players generally dont look brilliant themselves but can make others look better. We dont have that on our left side at all so its probably not going to work for him great here.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I heard from someone today that there are some concerns from some at the club regarding ezra mam.

Apparently are concerns over his excessive late night drinking out(if that is a thing for nrl players). rumour is the club think he hits the clubbing scene a bit to often and more importantly without any of his fellow teamates.

I do know i have seen at least 1 video of him from weeks ago of him walking the valley looking a little worse for wear with no other teammates insight other then ppl taking selfies. I know this is not a crime but it just made me think of this video when i was told this today.

Now this is 100% a rumour without any proof other then the one video i have seen. And what this person has told me
Just Wondering if any one else who might be more in the know has heard anything?

Hoping its all nothing and we dont end up with another milford

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I heard from someone today that there are some concerns from some at the club regarding ezra mam.

Apparently are concerns over his excessive late night drinking out(if that is a thing for nrl players). rumour is the club think he hits the clubbing scene a bit to often and more importantly without any of his fellow teamates.

I do know i have seen at least 1 video of him from weeks ago of him walking the valley looking a little worse for wear with no other teammates insight other then ppl taking selfies. I know this is not a crime but it just made me think of this video when i was told this today.

Now this is 100% a rumour without any proof other then the one video i have seen. And what this person has told me
Just Wondering if any one else who might be more in the know has heard anything?

He’s been about 6/10 at best this year

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
It's just an opinion piece from Read, Riccio and Carayannis about what players clubs should target to fill their Top 30 squads.

Biggest take-away was being reminded that the June 30 deadline is back. So no more ridiculous pro rata deals.
Idiot take. Probably written by AI.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

No comment on the rumour, but Ezra got a bit fancy in his $2,000 Gucci shirts, after the gushing accolades post GF, and his corresponding megadeal. He's going through a phase. The sooner he comes out the other side, the better. We have to be patient.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

Concerning if true but he is a young guy with a lot of smoke being blown you know where.

Hopefully just a maturity thing, but something to keep an eye on.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
The price you pay with hiring 21 year olds. If he's still doing this stuff at 25, we have a problem.

Swordfish

Swordfish

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2022

In all likelihood, people may be running into this guy thinking he’s the real Ezra

It’s just smoke & being blown out of proportion because we have a bye, we’ve 3 straight L’s & hey, any Broncos scoops are goldmines.

Remind me which 21 year old brought Premiership to their club? Without out 1st choice fullback & halfback all these weeks, Ezra has been trying to take the extra responsibility but sadly, he’s not going good enough. This is his development timeframe. Let him develop.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Speaking of rumours, Corey Parker for some reason was on the radio saying there’s a big story brewing around why Billy really dropped Cobbo about to come out.

He didn’t really seem to be making sense but who knows.

Fox is running a story (piggybacked from the Courier Mail) that says Cobbo dropped himself. Called Billy and said he's not up to it either physically (due to the injury and painkilling injections he's been having) or mentally. Which would align with what we've seen the past couple of weeks too so that makes sense.

"Two days after the teams were announced, Lockyer revealed to The Courier Mail it was the 22-year-old Cobbo who admitted to the Maroons coach that he wasn’t where he needed to be both physically and mentally to take the Origin stage."

Pretty much our entire squad seems to be fucking cooked this year.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.