Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2024

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
Which is honestly quite an embarrassing thing for you to admit.

So Mr High Horse can you please explain it to my so my limited comprehension can take it in. How is it media that the majority of fans don`t even read or care about sets the value of a players contract ?

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Our big play for walker is either smoke and mirrors to get the Roosters to chew up more of their cap. We can't fit Walsh, Mam and walker in our cap. Not unless we pay Walkee 450k.
Just do a rorters on the rorters and find a way to get rid of a couple of blokes on slightly inflated contracts to free up 10 million dollars on the cap.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I just want some genuine news about what we're doing to get through this season with our forward pack and even into next year. We have little depth in the backrow and outside backs.
The problem is that the depth we have is all out injured or now retired or really out of form. We are likely to have positions to fill and it will be interesting to see whether we try and move anyone on. Paix is unfortunately taking up a roster space that we could use for a backrow forward.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The problem is that the depth we have is all out injured or now retired or really out of form. We are likely to have positions to fill and it will be interesting to see whether we try and move anyone on. Paix is unfortunately taking up a roster space that we could use for a backrow forward.
Yeah but they can bring players in if players are retired or out for the season. Event he depth that is injured is ordinary. What are we doing for next season?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Yeah but they can bring players in if players are retired or out for the season. Event he depth that is injured is ordinary. What are we doing for next season?
Those same out of form players will be here. Good luck shifting Hunt or Baker elsewhere. It's possibly their last NRL contract so doubt they'll take a release unless someone wants them.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
1. Walsh
6. Mam
7. Black
9. Mozer

We don't need Swalker... his style of play is not what we need to partner Mam and Walsh in the spine. Black's game is much more suited. After Adam Reynolds is gone we should sign an experienced half as depth for Mam and Black. Kind of like what Roosters are doing with Townsend as depth for Sandon Smith and Swalker

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Is Matt Ballin the only confirmed assistant coach at this stage for next season? Any rumours of anyone of note joining the coaching staff?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Is Matt Ballin the only confirmed assistant coach at this stage for next season? Any rumours of anyone of note joining the coaching staff?
Badel also says there was a rumour that Ballin was close to joining his old coach Des at the Titans but the Gold Coast is denying any conversations.

R

Redfern_1980

Jun 21, 2024
Lee Briers will not exercise his option to extend to 2025. Likely return to UK.
No shit Sherlock, welcome to a month ago. Told you then, and I'll then you again, he will be at the Rabbits next year with Uncle Wayne. The Broncos got wind of them negotiating a deal and got the shits with him. In the article you are quoting, as per the Daily Telegraph, "Sport Confidential can reveal the Broncos have opted not to take up the option on Briers’ deal". Link - https://archive.md/8HPmO

Broncos bosses are trying to save face now lol.

You are either ignorant or just plain thick as 2 bricks, arent you.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
No shit Sherlock, welcome to a month ago. Told you then, and I'll then you again, he will be at the Rabbits next year with Uncle Wayne. The Broncos got wind of them negotiating a deal and got the shits with him. In the article you are quoting, as per the Daily Telegraph, "Sport Confidential can reveal the Broncos have opted not to take up the option on Briers’ deal". Link - https://archive.md/8HPmO

I won't allow you to speak to McHunt like that.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Our big play for walker is either smoke and mirrors to get the Roosters to chew up more of their cap. We can't fit Walsh, Mam and walker in our cap. Not unless we pay Walkee 450k.

If things keep going on the trajectory they are, I will be resorting to drugs and alcohol.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

Mate, grab a snickers, and maybe an Oak milk, you seem hangry.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

did you actually read the article or just stop at the point where it suits your argument ... because it also says two more things:

"The 46-year-old held preliminary talks recently with South Sydney-bound super coach Wayne Bennett, but nothing eventuated from the discussion."

"the Warrington legend weighing up a return home to the UK."

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • Brocko
  • bert_lifts
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.