Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2025

In a completely magical and hypothetical scenario where we could choose between Moses and Walker for post Reynolds, who would you lot take?

I'd probably go Moses. Yes he is older, but you'd save a bit of money (not much) and he could imo play to Ezra/Walsh's strengths slightly better. Maybe offer a bit more direction than Walker who is more a heads up, running 7.

Walkers short kicking game is elite, but I'd say Moses has him covered for long kicking.

Just speculating while sitting bored at work, I don't think we'll get either but hey.

I'm still waiting for ANYONE to explain what Walker brings outside of a bit of razzle dazzle and a short kicking game. Which we have in spades.

He has no long kicking game and is a speed bump in defense and is quite possibly the last big money spending the Broncos need.

If Moses is leaving the Eels, I would be my left nut the Roosters will throw the kitchen sink at him even if it means Politis has to deal with Isaac again.

Yes we do.

We got bashed far too many times this year and we didn't have anyone that could give it back. Haas is a metre eater, Patty is a workhorse, Willison is still a few years away from being that type of player. You need aggression, you need an enforcer, we don't have one. The premiership winning teams have them. Flegler was ours, we let him go.

We can still make other signings to fix the other issues in the side. Not sure why people are panicking like we can only make one signing.
How many players are going to drop out from our top 30?
That’s the maximum number of players we can possibly sign

I believe we don't have a complete top 30 unless there were updates I can't remember.
You have until like 30th June every year to complete your top 30 squad. Most teams leave a spot open and elevate a rookie contract should they not need any more reinforcements in June.

Yes we do.

We got bashed far too many times this year and we didn't have anyone that could give it back. Haas is a metre eater, Patty is a workhorse, Willison is still a few years away from being that type of player. You need aggression, you need an enforcer, we don't have one. The premiership winning teams have them. Flegler was ours, we let him go.

We can still make other signings to fix the other issues in the side. Not sure why people are panicking like we can only make one signing.
Disagree completely. I don't think we were bashed at all. This year we didn't have Herbie and occasionally Oates working us out of our own end, and this year we made even more dumb shit errors and allowing easy field position. What game this year did we lose because we "got bashed" I bet I can find you more that we lost due to disgusting edge defence.

Calling something a potential shit and pointless signing isn't panicking. We should definitely be making more than one signing, and I'd be signing 2 edge back rowers and a centre before I signed a prop.

I'm still waiting for ANYONE to explain what Walker brings outside of a bit of razzle dazzle and a short kicking game. Which we have in spades.

He has no long kicking game and is a speed bump in defense and is quite possibly the last big money spending the Broncos need.
Lockyer pretty much confirms we won’t be going after Sam Walker here

Lockyer pretty much confirms we won’t be going after Sam Walker here

I remember hearing (maybe from an NRL 360 clip) that Walker was after 1.4-1.5 mil lmao - a club desperate for a HB like the tigers, Dragons, titans, or the eels if they lose Moses and/or Brown will pay that

My issue with Campbell-Gillard is his defence. He's not the most mobile forward, so players are able to get around him and he'll make soft efforts as a result. If the Broncos are going outside of the system, they'd want to bring somebody who can address this issue, not just sign somebody who is a defensive liability.

If he was offered a lifeline contract, sure, more the merrier but from the reports he's likely going to be offered good money over multiple years. At that point, I'd rather just eat the loss and look to bolster the squad.
You’re looking at it the wrong way. What’s the most effective way to stop letting in so many tries out wide? Let in more tries through the middle 🧐

On a serious note, at the right price it would be worth every cent if it allows Payne and Patty to play 60 minute games. It wouldn’t even really matter how perfect RCG is, the increased impact and longevity of Haas and Patty would more than make up for it.

Disagree completely. I don't think we were bashed at all. This year we didn't have Herbie and occasionally Oates working us out of our own end, and this year we made even more dumb shit errors and allowing easy field position. What game this year did we lose because we "got bashed" I bet I can find you more that we lost due to disgusting edge defence.

Calling something a potential shit and pointless signing isn't panicking. We should definitely be making more than one signing, and I'd be signing 2 edge back rowers and a centre before I signed a prop.
Because we haven’t planned and now are in a rut we just get stuck signing whoever is available
The chances of the right players becoming available in the positions we need at the right price in the small window we currently have is basically zero…

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Totally Unr3al
  • pagey
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
  • RolledOates
  • Foordy
  • BruiserMk1
  • azza.79
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.